Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know when the new rules come in for mandatory masks for retail and hospitality please?

Reactions: 1
I don’t know where in the world you are, but these links might help you xx

P
Perhaps it's considered essential travel? And maybe he went in a private jet, that one Johnson spent a mill on redecorating...maybe they also considered the meetings "Covid secure"...I don't know. Unclear why it couldn't have been done on Zoom/Teams though!!!

(I'm not standing up for them, by the way...!)

Does anyone know when the new rules come in for mandatory masks for retail and hospitality please?
Is it not straight away ? the rules for pubs apply from Thursday but don't think there was a date given for masks ?

Bringing fines for those who don't wear masks - i hope that extends to the many people who wear masks but don't pull them up over their nose!! Because that's really not really wearing a mask!!
I had an older gentleman in my store yesterday wearing TWO surgical masks, but worn under his nose. I shot him a look when he came to till and he pulled it up.

What's wrong with people?

Reactions: 2
Ah well as long as you’re ok that’s great.

Lockdown has been hard on everyone. Everyone. Some more than others. I would never judge someone for seeing their family when their mental health is on the edge. But I’m sorry your attitude is selfish. Unless you don’t believe that covid exists I can’t understand why you would be so defiant to what is being asked of you. If you want to see your parents that’s understandable but to say you won’t follow any of the rules I think is just such a bad attitude. Does this apply to all of them? Masks? Increased hand washing? Social distancing?

People with your attitude fail to realise that Boris won’t just turn around and go oh alright then sod it. We are all in this together whether we like it or not. The government may not have done the best job but the fact is the virus is here and saying I won’t follow any of the rules makes you sound like a child. It is that careless attitude that will drive up the number of cases leading to more hospitalisations and more deaths. The NHS then faces being overwhelmed and other non covid cases put to the back of the queue again. This in turn will lead to the government feeling they have no choice but to impose a harder lockdown. Then people will lose their businesses and their jobs. I don’t believe that will be Boris’s fault this time as he is asking us to find the balance to try and save them. I know it’s not how any of us want to live, I don’t and my mental health has suffered as a result too. I worry about job loss. But the only way I can see forward is to follow the rules because the increase in cases and deaths will only make the government clamp down harder and that will be worse for all of us. This is hopefully a short period of our lives, maybe we will be through this by next year, I sincerely hope so. I’m not saying any of this is nice but unlike March we can still shop, dine out, see friends and family. Yes there are restrictions on it but there’s also a pandemic that’s just life. Really getting concerned that the poor attitude you share with others will be the downfall of so many.

Reactions: 34
Hi there, I've been reading your posts and I feel really frustrated for you. I don't have children myself, but I can relate to what you are going through.
It may sound like a stupid question, given that Liverpool is under lockdown at the moment, but maybe your son should consider moving in with his girlfriend at some point? He sounds like he needs a reality check, living with somone and being responsible for his own welfare, may be just the thing he needs. I hope things improve for you.

Reactions: 5
He won’t be happy unless we say yeh go out, go where you want, multiple households, friends cars, cinemas, restaurants, holidays ... the lot.
Seems the Welsh first minister is asking people not to travel unless it's essential ,he was interviewed earlier .

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.