Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #47

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
thats what I said....
6% died from covid (with no other complications)
94% had covid but also had other medical issues.

I’m confused, that’s what I said 🤣

this makes sense!!! God I felll for it without looking into it 🤦‍♀️ I need to stay away from the USA news feeds
I thought you fell for the Trump's Fake News tweet 😂 if you had of used your Trump lyrics you could have covered yourself :ROFLMAO:

I thought you fell for the Trump's Fake News tweet 😂 if you had of used your Trump lyrics you could have covered yourself :ROFLMAO:
It was sneaky wording and I get the spin trump and co has put on it. But in reality a lot of the people who have passed HAVE had other illnesses

Reactions: 3
It was sneaky wording and I get the spin trump and co has put on it. But in reality a lot of the people who have passed HAVE had other illnesses
I think the way the CDC worded it was they died from covid but their other illness could have contributed to it ? not the other way around ,,basically only 6% were healthy people and we know they have a low mortality rate compared to vulnerable people anyway , it's been all over SM this past few days ..

basically only 6% were healthy people and we know they have a low mortality rate compared to vulnerable people anyway , it's been all over SM this past few days .
we’ve known that for months.
But 6%...... 6% went from “healthy” to dead.
That’s a very small percentage considering the fear installed into us daily.....The economy.....kids education.... other issues that have gone ignored and other illnesses untreated 😐

• Heart
Reactions: 8
we’ve known that for months.
But 6%...... 6% went from “healthy” to dead.
That’s a very small percentage considering the fear installed into us daily.....The economy.....kids education.... other issues that have gone ignored and other illnesses untreated 😐
But it was only ever to protect the health service anyway, nothing else ..I dread to think what winter will bring we've already got one hospital on the verge of having to shut things down again ,over 50 staff are isolating ,so the pressure will fall onto another local authority to deal with things and a" knock on" effect ensues .They're even talking of rationing the testing as demand is outstripping supply ..it's going to get messy ..AGAIN..

Reactions: 1
Surely it IS still a serious threat? It being a serious and it being or not being a second wave do not go hand in hand.... The symptoms and the virus is the same. The after affects of the virus haven't changed.
Is it really a serious threat any more? The number of people in the UK who’ve died with the virus in the last seven days is a grand total of 49, ie an average of 7 people a day. Nearly all of them were pensioners and had underlying health conditions and of course, Covid wasn’t necessarily the cause of death, it was just mentioned on the death certificates.

Supposing you’d never heard of Covid and someone told you there was this bug going round that killed no more than 7 people a day. Would you think “oh my god, we must lock everybody up, stop all human contact and make everyone wear masks!” Or would you shrug, accept that hundreds of people in the UK die every day and just get on with your life?

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
Is it really a serious threat any more? The number of people in the UK who’ve died with the virus in the last seven days is a grand total of 49, ie an average of 7 people a day. Nearly all of them were pensioners and had underlying health conditions and of course, Covid wasn’t necessarily the cause of death, it was just mentioned on the death certificates.

Supposing you’d never heard of Covid and someone told you there was this bug going round that killed no more than 7 people a day. Would you think “oh my god, we must lock everybody up, stop all human contact and make everyone wear masks!” Or would you shrug, accept that hundreds of people in the UK die every day and just get on with your life?
I agree it does seem to me a version of a really bad flu like virus is doing the rounds as flu does every year only this time it’s been marketed differently to get the masses under control for whatever reason that I’m sure will become apparent eventually. I hate the way a lot of people are terrified and it’s really affecting their lives so sad 😔

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
As I said in the previous thread, reading a book about various diseases that people in developing countries are still having to live with every day makes you think that the only reason everyone was so worried of COVID is because it was killing people in the developed countries.
Malaria kills 3000 children every day - oh, who cares.
Covid kills 3000 old people with existing health conditions - panic! Close everything!

• Sad
Reactions: 12
But it was only ever to protect the health service anyway, nothing else ..I dread to think what winter will bring
but here’s the thing, this scaremongering has fucked everyone up, everyone, mentally I mean.
and realistically now this information is coming out, it’s made people turn away from the regulations and think “duck it, it’s all a lie”

Ok in the beginning they didn’t realise it wasn’t as much of a threat as they made out. But why now are we still being made to believe it’s going to wipe the planet out and if you touch anything or go anywhere you’re going to be infected.
14 deaths in August in the ROI. No, there was 4!! Why are we reporting retrospective deaths, Deaths from June! why are people being paralysed with fear hearing this, because it’s designed to do that.

mentally that’s a lot, maybe it’s time we got facts without the spin,

I don’t know, maybe at this point it’s damned if you do damned if you don’t 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 11
Aarrgghh the tedious "here's my brat(s) standing on the doorstep all ready for first day of school" (well done, you managed to reproduce, like billions before you have done just the same :ROFLMAO:) posts are ten times worse this year. Not only is the season prolonged by the staggered start days, but people are posting ALL their kids not just the "new school" age ones, and accompanying the photos with a right load of guff about covid.

Time to stay off facebook for a couple of weeks until it's all in the past :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Interesting about US being told vaccinations to start in November.

You may think I’m crazy but I’m going to hang onto hope for 2021 being better, if vaccines start getting rolled out end of this year beginning of next maybe life won’t be so bad next year?

(this is the little bubble of optimistic hope I wish to remain in, please don’t burst it 😂)

Reactions: 9
I think the main issue and scare for most people is that we still know absolutely nothing about the long term effects of COVID-19. There have been a lot of cases of young, fit and healthy people who have had COVID-19 with minimal symptoms having strokes afterwards (2 under 30’s in my area!) and many other side effects are being reported. A hair salon owner on my Facebook posted this this week!

Attachments

• Wow
I think the main issue and scare for most people is that we still know absolutely nothing about the long term effects of COVID-19. There have been a lot of cases of young, fit and healthy people who have had COVID-19 with minimal symptoms having strokes afterwards (2 under 30’s in my area!) and many other side effects are being reported. A hair salon owner on my Facebook posted this this week!
Never believe things I see on Facebook but with regards to the increased stroke risk...

increased stroke risk is not unique to Covid-19. There are studies that show after an average flu or flu like illness there is an increased risk of stroke or heart attack.

but here’s the thing, this scaremongering has fucked everyone up, everyone, mentally I mean.
and realistically now this information is coming out, it’s made people turn away from the regulations and think “duck it, it’s all a lie”

Ok in the beginning they didn’t realise it wasn’t as much of a threat as they made out. But why now are we still being made to believe it’s going to wipe the planet out and if you touch anything or go anywhere you’re going to be infected.

mentally that’s a lot, maybe it’s time we got facts without the spin,

I don’t know, maybe at this point it’s damned if you do damned if you don’t 🤷‍♀️
That's why I said on an earlier thread I'd love to be a fly on the wall in one if their meetings. We know it wasn't to protect the vulnerable otherwise why send thousands of infected elderly back into care homes ? if your going to die with the virus you will die simple as ,there is no cure .It can only be to stop hospitals from being over run ,schools from having to close etc.I don't think many parents would send their child in if they were told the teacher was ill with the virus the way they would send them if teacher has a cold IMO ,it is a form of control to keep society running strange as that sounds it feels as though everything is shutting down ,because this virus is so virulent if they were to drop all the measures the health service would be at a complete standstill there would be no one to staff it .I think that's what they're shitting themselves over now as it doesn't take much for a hospital to be over run ,the virus has only added to the winter pressures ten fold..

Reactions: 1
minifloggoff went to school this morning. Not quite the warm, holding, welcome though. More a barking of orders “stay two meters apart. STAY TWO METERS APART”. Lovely.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
minifloggoff went to school this morning. Not quite the warm, holding, welcome though. More a barking of orders “stay two meters apart. STAY TWO METERS APART”. Lovely.
Aww I love the ‘minifloggoff’ thing 😂

and that’s such a shame, hopefully the rest of the day is better.

Well I had my second (🙄) COVID test this morning. Here’s hoping this one is ok. I am presuming I didn’t do my last one correctly hence the “unclear” result. It’s not wonder though when we’re doing them in our cars, they are not a sterile environment! I’m just glad I live on my own so only had to do my own and not children’s too.

Reactions: 4
Are your kids having to SD? ..What an awful welcome !

Are your kids having to SD? ..What an awful welcome !
Yes they are by the sounds of it. The return to school letter states they are to bring a small pocket toy for individual play at break times. They’re KS1 😔

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Yes they are by the sounds of it. The return to school letter states they are to bring a small pocket toy for individual play at break times. They’re KS1 😔
Ours don't within their class bubble ,the younger kids P1/2 have no SD there at all .That's awful for the younger kids x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.