Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #47

How are you feeling about schools opening...etc.

• Iā€™m so glad theyā€™re going back

Votes: 199 52.1%
  • It seems like a stupid decision

Votes: 44 11.5%
  • Iā€™m happy with the measures put in place at my childā€™s school.

Votes: 112 29.3%
  • Iā€™m unhappy with how my school have prepared for their return

Votes: 26 6.8%
  • I havenā€™t sent my child back.

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • I sent my child back

Votes: 124 32.5%
  • My life is pretty much back to normal.

Votes: 93 24.3%
  • I still restrict my choices and activities due to covid

Votes: 157 41.1%
  • I donā€™t think masks help.

Votes: 73 19.1%
  • I think masks are a good idea.

Votes: 151 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nice to see Professor Carl Heneghan - one of the rare rational voices duriing the pandemic - has confirmed what most of us knew, that there is no second wave and that any rise in infections is obviously due to more people being tested. As he points out in his article, "What we are seeing is a sharp rise in the number of healthy people who are carrying the virus, but exhibiting no symptoms. Almost all of them are young. They are being spotted because ā€“ finally ā€“ a comprehensive system of national test and trace is in place.ā€

Now, will someone tell clueless Matt Hancock, who seems to be trying to scare people into thinking the virus is still a serious threat?

Reactions: 17
@Miss_Becs i didnā€™t get to reply on previous thread. Just to say that we are in a similar place with some health conditions and vulnerable members so we are extra careful. I do feel a bit like the world has moved on and itā€™s not a commentary on anyone here whatsoever, more a reflection on how Iā€™m managing, namely that Iā€™m having a hard time when I hear ā€œIā€™m so done with this, Iā€™m getting on with life.ā€ I do understand and feel that sentiment, but itā€™s the ā€œgetting onā€ part we canā€™t do just yet. Anyway. I hope you and your bf and family continue to be well. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: 11
I do wonder how returning to school is going to impact on public health. I rely on grandparents for childcare and worry about this.

Reactions: 4
I do wonder how returning to school is going to impact on public health. I rely on grandparents for childcare and worry about this.
Schools here opened yesterday and some are already closing again because of people with covid. It is really trying times for many.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
@Miss_Becs i didnā€™t get to reply on previous thread. Just to say that we are in a similar place with some health conditions and vulnerable members so we are extra careful. I do feel a bit like the world has moved on and itā€™s not a commentary on anyone here whatsoever, more a reflection on how Iā€™m managing, namely that Iā€™m having a hard time when I hear ā€œIā€™m so done with this, Iā€™m getting on with life.ā€ I do understand and feel that sentiment, but itā€™s the ā€œgetting onā€ part we canā€™t do just yet. Anyway. I hope you and your bf and family continue to be well. Thanks for sharing.
Aww, thank you for your reply and your kind words. ā˜ŗ I'm doing okay, but taking each day as it comes - just wish a lot of people would be as thoughtful as me as I'm getting increasingly frustrated with how so many people are just taking things so lightly - I'm not as scared, but I'm still following all the rules, but it's everyone else that makes things a lot harder, like not keeping their distance in supermarkets and failing to wear a mask. Lockdown hasn't ended, it's just easing, the virus is still very much around, so I just need to keep doing what I'm doing to look after me, my boyfriend and my parents, and let others get on with it. I hope you are well, take care. ā˜ŗ

Very hard to ā€œsocial distanceā€ at the school gates, I think I saw about 30 parents all collecting kids and catching up with each other (no exaggeration primary and secondary are very close to each other) but what can you do šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø Parents are also collecting neighbours kids and bringing them home in their car, I assume the government know this will be the case and itā€™s a sort of experiment at this point.......

šŸ˜¬ so if cases rise but admissions and deaths stay low can we go back to some kind of ā€œnormalityā€ by Halloween šŸ¤£

second school with suspected case just sent kids home.

Reactions: 8
how do we know what the covid cough sounds like? My little girl has been at nursery 5 hours this week and is full of the cold and a cough which sounds like her Typical croup cough she gets when she has the cold! Do I get her tested? She wonā€™t be in tomorrow regardless. Lots in the nursery have had/got colds and some are coughing which from what Iā€™ve heard is Barky! šŸ˜©

Very hard to ā€œsocial distanceā€ at the school gates, I think I saw about 30 parents all collecting kids and catching up with each other (no exaggeration primary and secondary are very close to each other) but what can you do šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø Parents are also collecting neighbours kids and bringing them home in their car, I assume the government know this will be the case and itā€™s a sort of experiment at this point.......

šŸ˜¬ so if cases rise but admissions and deaths stay low can we go back to some kind of ā€œnormalityā€ by Halloween šŸ¤£
We won't be giving out candy this Halloween. We don't have kids but still give it out but we get over 150 kids and don't want to take the risk, lol.

Similar story here to many. School run was manic and mayhem this morning and this afternoon. Despite staggered 10 min slots for different years and one way systems in place there were parents everywhere going all different routes and congregating and chatting. There are so many kids at the school (primary) that thereā€™s no easy way around it. Iā€™m curious to see what happens when a kid in the class coughs now as weā€™re bubbled with three other classes in the same year group.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
how do we know what the covid cough sounds like? My little girl has been at nursery 5 hours this week and is full of the cold and a cough which sounds like her Typical croup cough she gets when she has the cold! Do I get her tested? She wonā€™t be in tomorrow regardless. Lots in the nursery have had/got colds and some are coughing which from what Iā€™ve heard is Barky! šŸ˜©
If you are in any way worried get her tested. You just book it online. I now believe I have a cold (got a test this morning), but I stand by my decision to call in sick and book one - I couldnā€™t go in to work with any doubt.

Reactions: 4
We already know people who have killed themselves because of Covid. It is very sad.
same,
well they didnā€™t *intentionally* kill them selves, but they didnā€™t have access to the treatment and support they desperately needed due to covid and passed away.

its made me angry, itā€™s made me wonder if this is all an exaggeration, if they had focused on care homes and the vulnerable could the rest of the world continued on,
but obviously I donā€™t know either way šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
Iā€™m a worrier by nature, Iā€™m not worried about getting sick, Iā€™m worried about the aftermath.

look how angry everyone has become, with their neighbours or ā€œfriendsā€ because of covid and rules in real life, not just on social media! (and Iā€™m not even touching on whatā€™s happening in America right now)

I canā€™t see 2021 being any better than 2020 to be honest.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
same,
well they didnā€™t intentionally kill them selves, but they didnā€™t have access to treatment due to covid and passed away.

its made me angry, itā€™s made me wonder if this is all an exaggeration, if they had focused on care homes and the vulnerable could the rest of the world continued on,
but obviously I donā€™t know either way šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
Iā€™m a worrier by nature, Iā€™m not worried about getting sick, Iā€™m worried about the aftermath.

look how angry everyone has become, with their neighbours or ā€œfriendsā€ because of covid and rules in real life, not just on social media! (and Iā€™m not even touching on whatā€™s happening in America right now)

I canā€™t see 2021 being any better than 2020 to be honest.
I am disgusted at how the governments didn't even think of the elderly in the carehomes... if those people had not died, then the death toll would not be so high, at least where I live.

Reactions: 6
My kids due back next Wednesday. Recieved updated guidance from school today. No masks required as they're not making them mandatory and any child wearing one will be asked to remove at the door unless prior consent given. Bubbles will be in year groups so anyone in year 8 can mix with others in year 8 but unable to mix with other years. Staggered start and finish times but only by 5 minutes per year group. All years given a specific area outside the school in which to wait before entering the school in the morning.

• Wow
First day of school today and I think it went great!! So many of the kids were so happy to be back and were filled with stories. Was hilarious seeing parents practically skip away once child was in class.

Our morning staggered start was OK. Parents were at the gates (one way system) 10 mins early which meant I couldn't get in the staff car park. Everyone was socially distanced following road markings and most parents were in masks. I feel like the morning, alot of kids came in as they normally do at the same time but it wasn't so bad as we're a small school and the one way system worked a treat. Staff out patrolling making sure no groups and parents were straight out. We didn't have any restrictions on how many people for drop offs, just not congregating and SD. Staggered end of the day was even better in the sense where no crowds (due to rain most likely) but awful for me as teacher because some parents take the mick. You have a full 30 minute window to collect your child and your still 15 mins late? Our policy is to leave the building by 4:30 so deep clean can commence. Child had just about left school at 3:50 and I still had fair bit to do!

ROI;

89 new cases, one further death....

The one further death reported today relates to June.
It is more than two weeks since somebody has died with Covid-19 in Ireland.

and this is why the media are being accused of being scaremongering fake bastards. And this is why they will lose the public support.
The death was in June and the main headline should reflect this, it shouldnā€™t be an afterthought.

• Heart
Weā€™re using grandparents for pick ups, as are majority of my kidsā€™ friends due to work. Ill also be transporting my neighbours kid to school, theyā€™re in the same bubble anyway šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø And children arenā€™t social distancing in their primary school. Iā€™m so pleased kids are back. Very much needed now.

Reactions: 5
2 Glasgow schools have had the first cases of school transmissions ,they'll be mayhem..

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.