Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JLXRD

VIP Member
I bought some super cute masks off miss selfridge and I put it on today and .. I don't hate it. I kinda think it suits me hahaha.

It hides the fact my face has got a bit rounder in lockdown so that might be why 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
What a life this is. I feel sorry for my kid growing up if things stay like this for a while. I’m sick to death of it all now.

Reactions: 17

SarahGard83

VIP Member
I've got to be honest and say that I'm actually glad about face coverings becoming mandatory. Personally it'll give me the confidence to step outside again after shielding has ended. I know not everyone will comply but I reckon most will.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
I don't want either, I am shopping (no restaurants yet) but I think the need to focus their efforts elsewhere. Anyone who genuinely thought we were getting a £500 voucher lives on another planet.

The furlough scheme is going to screw us over in tax for many years to come, we don't need anything else.

Sln2404

I don’t think Covid is necessarily to blame for the demise of the high street, it’s just sped it up by a couple of years. The boots website is horrific to navigate, why would I use it when other websites are easier and cheaper? John Lewis stores are all very dated now. It’s a shame but not a surprise.

JLXRD

VIP Member
Cmon then, who is the 1 person who has voted for the £10 meal vouchers? 😂🙊

• Haha

xoxo GG

VIP Member
this. And no one here said they wouldnt wear one! I will be wearing one but I’m allowed to say how much I hate it.
I’ll wear one when necessary like doing my food shop but I won’t be going to many other shops unless I specifically need something. Wearing a mask isn’t enjoyable, whether it be for a good reason or not 😐

Reactions: 15

leoladyxo

VIP Member
Why are people so keen on the £500 voucher fantasy? Does nobody here pay any income tax or something? You know we would have been given a £500 voucher and then stiffed for probably £3000 in tax in the next few years to pay for it?
I don’t think anyone really thought it was going to happen, but when it had been built up so much, to only get £10 was quite amusing. You have to laugh. 😂😂

• Haha

JLXRD

VIP Member
Some of the comments on here about people expressing their views on masks make me a bit sad.

I've never said I won't wear one but it's a huge change to our way of life.

People are entitled to have mixed emotions. I can be glad their being implemented from a virus point of view but feel very down for others reasons.
I know I'm overreacting and being precious but like I've said, it's more them being implemented now after getting a bit of normality back has made me feel this is never ending and for some reason made it harder mentally. I know I will get people saying now oh well another lockdown is worse. Agree. I spose for me I wish they had done it when they opened non essential retail so then we wouldn't have got to experience a bit of semi normality in between.

Dunno, normally feel like I can express stuff on here but feel like it's getting a bit judgemental.

• Heart

Barbie2020

VIP Member
Wow some people are so rude on this thread! It’s ok if you’re glad we have to wear masks and it’s ok if it worries you. We can’t all be the same. I don’t like wearing a mask but obviously I will stick to the rules but I will only be going out shopping if I absolutely need to. Yes people in other countries have worse problems than wearing a mask but we aren’t used to this and it is uncertain times for us all. It isn’t normal for us to see people wearing masks and the world is a bit scary at the minute. It’s ok to have an opinion do not be so rude to people 🙄

• Heart

leoladyxo

VIP Member
I have just had a phone call from work. They want to keep me furloughed but use the flexi furlough hours to have me work part time doing a couple of hours a day. It’s better than nothing and I am able to do it from home, which is what I was most worried about.

It is also really nice to know that they thought of me first. There are a few of us in my department and I am the “chosen one”, so to speak.

Shestheman22

Can’t fucking sleep now. What an absolute mess this year is. And we don’t know when we are going to come out of it. Was just starting to feel better and optimistic after looking at the figures etc but now I just feel depressed again.

• Sad

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
What a life this is. I feel sorry for my kid growing up if things stay like this for a while. I’m sick to death of it all now.
It’s not a life really is it.

I really don’t want my baby boy to grow up where this is the norm. It’s, quite simply, shit. This is no life. Life is to be enjoyed and this isn’t enjoyable one bit right now.

• Heart
  • Sad

Jamhead

VIP Member
If masks become compulsory in shops then I will stop going in to them. I've tried on 2 different occasions to shop with a mask on and both times have affected my asthma. I'm not against them, grateful to have the choice, I will just move all my shopping back online again which is actually better as I spend much less.
I'm sure the guidance will be as clear as mud anyway, you must wear a mask, protect the nhs and save lives. But only wear the mask inside and only on days when there's a 20% chance of rain but you must not wear them inside building's with more than 1 door, if the building has more than 1 door then you must wear them outside the building. You must wear them in the gym but you must take them off to exercise but they must be worn if you use any equipment. With lots of finger wagging and hair bouncing 🥴

• Haha

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I really don’t get the fucking drama around masks.
I thought the resistance was just a USA/Trump thing (No offence)

but I really don’t get why people, normal sane people are being triggered about being asked to wear a mask on transport or in a shop 🤷‍♀️

what am I missing 🤣

• Heart

Sp20191

VIP Member
Why is everything this government do so backwards?!

My husband has been working constantly throughout this pandemic, without a mask, no problems, since last month they have had to wear masks!

I mean they’ve been through the worst part without any PPE and now numbers are pretty low they have to wear them.

I have no issues with wearing a mask, I mean if it keeps everyone safe that’s fine, but it’s all too late in my opinion!

I also cannot understand how everyone needs to social distance, wear masks, etc, yet in 6 weeks they’re going to throw all the kids back into school together 😩
If it’s not safe to pop to the shop for 20 mins without a mask, how is it ok for 30 kids and teachers to spend 6 hours a day together with no PPE?

Ridiculous!

Alightened

VIP Member
I've been shopping today in my nearby town and decided to go into the Sainsbury's there which is an enormous super store. It was just a free for all. Everybody going whichever way they liked. No social distancing. Nobody bothering with masks🙄. I was walking past Poundland later and there was someone on the door counting people in and out and everything looked to be very organised😂😂. Good old Poundland😂😂👏👏

Reactions: 14