Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tots

VIP Member
I went for a walk!!! I did it!!! I’ve been shielding since 16th March and have only been on 3 short bike rides for medical appointments. It felt kind of nice and kind of panicky, like I was going to be arrested or something?! 😂 it was only about ten minutes but I did it, gripped my son’s hand the whole time!

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
(Disclaimer this isn’t directed at anyone on this forum more the media/Facebook posts I keep seeing)

Oh my god if I hear one more person bleating on about a fucking second wave I swear I’m going to stab myself in the eye with a fork. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - SO FUCKING WHAT?! So we should stay locked down forever should we? Is that what you would prefer? Thousands of people going without cancer treatment, fertility treatment (not that I can understand how anyone would want to bring a child into this absolute shit show), mental health treatment? Hundreds if not thousands of suicides? Millions losing their jobs and livelihoods?. Childhoods ruined through lack of structured education? The prospect of the rest of our lives without being able to hug our families, travel abroad, go to the fucking beach without feeling like a murderer? Can’t even get a filling or get a fucking haircut? Whenever we ease lockdown there is a risk of the virus spreading - do people not understand how viruses fucking work?! We cannot eradicate a virus from our shores while we still have free travel between countries. Even in countries that literally welded people into their flats they haven’t eradicated it completely.

I know people are dying and I know it’s easy for me to say as a healthy 30 something but honestly I really think that if I was in a risk group I’d still feel the same way - because this life at the moment isn’t worth living. If you told me I could go back to my old life but I’d have a 10% chance of dying of COVID or I could stay in lockdown forever I’d take the risk.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
1M on a Monday and Friday,

1.5M on a Wednesday after 4 pm,

2M if there’s a full moon and on the second Tuesday of every month.

If you’re a red head it 3M, blonde it’s 2.7M

if you drink cider it’s 7M and you must drink in a field.

if you’re taking an Instagram photo no rules apply.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

hnoz

VIP Member
I just got a text from a friend who broke the lockdown to have a tinder sleepover a week ago and they received a call from the girl telling him she had just tested positive for covid. Lol is covid the 2020 STD? 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Today is my daughters 12th birthday and we couldn't have the birthday we had planned or the party with all of her friends but today we surprised her with a visit from her 2 best friends. Her face was priceless. They've been sat in the garden giggling for the past 2 hours and have stuck to social distancing the entire time.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

JLXRD

VIP Member
Guys, all this chat about the numbers is great but I think a big issue has just been glazed over..

Toby carvery aren't going to let you load up your own plates anymore 😯

Not sure I can deal with the shame of asking for 5 scoops of mash and minimal veg out loud 😅😂

Haven't read about harvester salad bar yet - need a break before more bad news 🙈

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
I don’t mean to offend anyone and I can’t find the poster who said similar the other day but we can’t be in lockdown forever. If people want to go out and break the rules for their mental health I completely don’t disagree with them.

we usually get an online shop but we forgot this week so had to go out instead. I didn’t realise there was a one way system and the amount of huffs and puffs and tutting I received until I realised really fucked me off. The direction of my walk is not going to give you covid. If people don’t like it or don’t feel safe then don’t go out.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

SarahGard83

VIP Member
My daughter is going to be so excited. It's her 12th birthday on Thursday and she wasn't overly excited as she's shielding with us. I'm going to arrange for some of her friends to come by but not going to tell her.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

SarahGard83

VIP Member
I'm transfusion dependent and prior to covid I was going up to the hospital 3 times a week and having a blood transfusion at least once a week. I've not had a transfusion since 18th March! I feel shit all the time, I've not seen my oncologist and have my chemo medication delivered to my door. I'm plodding on but really suffering as I need these transfusions otherwise my red blood cells drop to a dangerous level. I'm having kidney issues as a result. My care has being non existent. Finally have a ct scan on Saturday and a transfusion a week Friday

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
The one way round the supermarket thing honestly seems to make it HARDER to social distance. You get huge clogs of people in certain aisles and instead of being able to sensibly turn around and go down the aisle from the opposite direction you either have to wait until some family of 6 choose which flavour pot noodles they all want - or push past and probably get sneezed on by one of their snotty children. Supermarkets don’t seem to realise that not everyone shops at the same pace? The number of times I’ve been essentially stuck behind the worlds slowest shoppers - which means I’m taking up space in there for much longer than I should be. The whole thing seems to be flawed logic.

Reactions: 23

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
Jesus, reading about how pubs in England that open will ban singing, loud music, talking between groups that aren’t “bubbles”, keep punters details for 21 days and everyone in the pub has to isolate if someone else gets covid... sorry but... how is that worth it for a pint? Just have one at home and pretend we don’t live in some dystopian hell.

• Wow
Reactions: 22

eSsExBiRd

VIP Member
Forgive me fellow Tattle folk for I have sinned
I went to town today and as there was no queue I went into the shop that the readers of the Daily Fail Believe is the only one open in the whole of the UK as there was no queue.....Primark 😲

Oh it was heaven 🥰 No crowds, no piles of clothes on the floor, cleaning stations, great directional flows at tills, escalators up and stairs down....oh it was such a nice experience.

• Haha
  • Heart

hnoz

VIP Member
Again it’s stay 2 metres... if you can’t stay 2 metres stay 1 metre but don’t stay 1 metre if you can stay 2 metre 🤷‍♀️🤯 has the virus gone? No!! Stay 2 metres for goodness sake!! Stay at home and stay safe! This government is ridiculous (I’m sorry if I’m offending anyone) but lives matter, money doesn’t!! That’s all this is about making money... very upsetting and disappointing ☹
Im sorry but that is a very naive viewpoint. People cannot stay home until the virus is gone, firstly it may never be gone anyway and months, even weeks more of lockdown would be disastrous for the prosperity of the country and ultimately people's health. Living in poverty cuts years from your life, a lack of education cuts years from your life. Covid is not the only problem, in fact for many people covid isn't anywhere near a death sentence.

I fully support that we needed to lockdown initially as we knew nothing about the virus and we we on the tipping point of disaster based on Italy. However we are clearly at the point of needing to return to normality, albeit with better safety measures in place. The country can't be paid to stay home for any longer, that is just totally ludicrous.

Lockdown was to avoid too many people getting the virus at once, not to stop people actually getting it.

Health and the economy is inextricably linked, you cannot say "lives matter, money doesn't" that is so far from reality.

• Heart

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
Does it not give people a bit of hope that so many are being reckless and have been flouting the guidance for ages now yet the numbers are still coming down?

I know shopping can be frustrating when others don’t adhere to the two metres. I get how annoying it is when you see neighbours having parties. I sympathise when you see friends getting together when you have to shield....

... but numbers are still coming down. Fingers crossed it continues so many people being relaxed

Reactions: 21

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
Again it’s stay 2 metres... if you can’t stay 2 metres stay 1 metre but don’t stay 1 metre if you can stay 2 metre 🤷‍♀️🤯 has the virus gone? No!! Stay 2 metres for goodness sake!! Stay at home and stay safe! This government is ridiculous (I’m sorry if I’m offending anyone) but lives matter, money doesn’t!! That’s all this is about making money... very upsetting and disappointing ☹
I am sorry to disagree but money does matter. The economy matters. Yes of course lives matter but there will be many a life impacted if we all stayed at home.

• Heart
Reactions: 21