Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jellycat99

Yesterday evening my youngest spiked a fever of 39 and I couldn't wake him properly when I tried to give him calpol, we went to hospital in an ambulance and I have never been so terrified in my life.
They think it's just an upper respiratory infection alongside gastro but we now have to isolate until his test result comes back, school said if it comes back positive then we need to let them know immediately so they can close my eldest's bubble.
He's a million times better than he was yesterday thankfully but it's left me quite shaken, I think where I've been off work we've been in our own little world and now it feels scary again.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

Hayles1990

Is anyone still following the rules or just doing it 'their' way?
I said I was going to let my mum have my toddlers over the weekend for my own mental health and to recuperate and last night was my first night without them. I caught up with so much work and my books and admin (self-employed) that I now don’t have to stress and can keep on top of it. My friend who lives with us, went to bed early, me and my other half were in bed sound asleep by 10.00 and I feel so well rested today, probably the best nights sleep I’ve had. I am following the rules in most places, but I really needed this weekend. Today I’m going to catch up on all of my washing and housework.

• Heart

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
I am happy with the gentle lift announced today. It won’t affect me at all but seems those that may be deemed as struggling with isolation the most have been considered first.... that’s what I took from it anyway.

• Heart

SpookyLumberjack

VIP Member
Actually went into a shop for the first time since lockdown today 🙌
I couldn't believe how many people didn't give a shit about social distancing, so I went round the whole shop hissing "it's 2 metres ya DICK" to anyone that got in my way 😂
So I bought this from Disturbia clothing and plan to point to it in Tesco tomorrow if people get too close again (net profits of it go to NHS Charities Together).

13588.jpeg

• Haha

prinnygrace

VIP Member
Just got home from an evening with my boyfriend, technically rule breaking but we just needed to see each other after 3 months and risk was minimal. I’m SO happy. The hugs have had such a positive impact on my mental health it’s crazy. We’re definitely not a species meant for isolation.

• Heart

JLXRD

VIP Member
I really just don't get the problem with people going to Primark. They are allowed to - it's open. So long as they comply with the new policies I don't understand the problem or judgement. No one is saying you have to go. Is it because it's Primark? Or would everyone be up in arms if there were pics of queues outside John Lewis.

Not trying to argue just don't see why it's a problem if extra precautions are in place and followed...

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Yes you should these poor kids have had a rough time
I know that I've not coped mentally so God knows what must be going though their heads. They've never once complained though. Just asked my 13 year old son if he would like to have a friend down for an hour and he just said no you're alright thanks, I'll just speak to them on xbox live 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15

LittleMy

VIP Member
I feel sorry for the many who have clearly been mentally impacted by the pandemic. They will need a lot of support going forward ❤

• Heart

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Just seen there's been a drug breakthrough. Doesn't prevent covid but is proofing to be lifesaving for those that are critically ill with it

prinnygrace

VIP Member
My mums work have sent out some PPE to her for her job and they’ve sent high vis jackets🧐🧐🧐 not sure the virus works by whether or not it can see someone in a high vis😂😂😂

• Haha

Titntat

VIP Member
My partners just come jumping in the living room like weve won the lottery. Turns out hes back at work tomorrow 😂

Im home schooling a 6 year old and looking after a demanding baby solo from now. Wish me luck!

• Haha
  • Heart

Keiffers pipe

Haven’t worn bra or knickers in weeks, going forward I think I’ll save my money and stick to this way of life. Lol.
I own 3 bras and the underwire broke on all them during the first 2 week of lockdown. I would rather carry on getting stabbed in the tit by the escaping wires than queue for Primark and time soon😁

• Haha

LittleMy

VIP Member
Oh, just go have sex and stop overanalysing it all. 😂 🙈

You have to make judgements based on your own individual circumstances and that of the people you’re seeing. I don’t see what the problem is if you’re being safe (in all meaning of the word 👀). Life is too damn short, we’ve seen that already. :(

• Haha
  • Heart

JLXRD

VIP Member
I went shopping today and it was all really well managed, they had a one way system in the shopping centre which actually really improved the experience from normal! I walked straight into Primark, again fine, people were social distancing and lots of hand sanitiser everywhere which was good because I will say it is impossible to go through to find the right size without touching items you don't intend to buy. Queued about 5 mins to pay but that's normal. Then went to Boots which was also good and m and s food, then managed to get a subway to take home for lunch for me and the husband with no queue! Success!

I know some might disagree with me going when I didn't need anything but it was a nice bit of normality and helped me feel a bit better (plus i got some nice bits). I felt totally safe (i didn't wear a mask and nor were 95% of others).

Now we are watching the football too, life feels a bit more normal and I'm glad for it. Fingers crossed the numbers continue to go down.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
Just contacted school to get my son back to reception from next week. I watched and waited for three weeks and the reports from parents and kids in his class are all positive. He needs to see other children as being cooped up with just me 24/7 isn’t ideal while I juggle work and school. Life needs to start getting back to some kind of structure. He’s excited to go back now I’ve told him he can ❤

• Heart

Titntat

VIP Member
Anyone else dreading things going back to normal.

Dont get me wrong my partner and kids are driving me up the wall but it's the longest, by far weve all been together. Probably spent two probably together max.
Weve not had to get up, or rushed about.

Rushing tea to get to swimming/gymnastics or dancing. God knows how were all going to get ready when it comes to the school run. Were lucky if we make it out the house fed and dressed by 10!

Also I have alot of 6.30 starts. I've not got out of bed before 8 most days. Unless the baby says other wise.

Hayles1990

I feel sorry for the many who have clearly been mentally impacted by the pandemic. They will need a lot of support going forward ❤
I can tell you now that they won’t be able to cope.
Just a little story, no sympathy needed but almost three weeks ago my fiancé called an ambulance because I had a breakdown and had called The Samaritans twice in a week. I don’t remember my actual ‘breakdown’ but the paramedics wanted the doctors to follow up and prescribe something and I’m still waiting.

• Sad
  • Heart

Titntat

VIP Member
Not been on this thread for a while 👋🏻

I have gone from being fearful, never leaving the house, washing all groceries, disinfecting every inch of my house and constantly researching latest developments into the virus. More annoyingly, I’d get far too wrapped up in other people’s business and getting unnecessarily angry at witnessing ‘rule breakers’.

I’m now concentrating on the daily stats only. They are decreasing by the day so that gives me hope. My kids are back at school, I’ve seen family and friends (all whilst being sensible), and yes, I’ve popped into B&M for non essential bits. I totally get the boredom, I understand why people are bending the rules (I’m not saying it’s right). I’m no longer getting pissed off with what Tracy over the road is getting up to 🤷🏻‍♀️

I’ll eat my words if there is a second spike of course, but we have been threatened with a second spike since the Easter bank holiday. People have been bending the rules since the get go and of course rule breakers/benders have been increasing on the daily.
I went to b&m about 5 weeks into lock down to buy the kids some garden toys. I felt like an absolute criminal and got some cleaning bits and bread to cover them up in the trolley 😂.

• Haha