Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Monkeybum

VIP Member
I'm so happy about social bubbles! I live alone and my Dad has been in hospital for 9 weeks so my mum has also been alone. Has been awful dealing with it all at a distance and alone.

So I'm off to stay in my childhood bedroom Saturday night 💕💕

• Heart
Reactions: 41

Hayles1990

You know what, fuck it. For myself to be able to recuperate I am going to allow my two youngest children to spend the night with their grandparents on Friday so I can catch up on work and get some sleep. She has been begging me to have them since the start and keeps begging to come over. I don’t care now. I’m done and neither of us are shielding. There we go. I don’t care what anyone thinks. I’ve held off from letting her see them for three months, I’m going to give her the biggest cuddle and let her have them overnight because she keeps begging.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

hnoz

VIP Member
So we had a socially distanced buffet for my oldest at my mams yesterday.
Things were great. As we were leaving we all thought fuck it and had a quick cuddle.

My sister got her positive covid result via text 2hrs after we left.

Bit of advice if you are thinking about breaking/bending/tweaking lockdown rules.... Don't bother!!!

Hi ho off into isolation we go....
Why did your sister go even though she was waiting on a covid test result? Going to a gathering when you have a suspected case of the virus is a lot more than just tweaking the rules imo.

Reactions: 30

abitfairytale

Thank you all, going to speak to Dad tomorrow about how to do this x
Spoke to Dad today. He basically said he's on borrowed time anyway, he might as well spend it how he wants and that's for us to visit. My heart broke. I'll be honest I've been a mess tsince...

Life's a shithole sometimes, isn't it?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
I don’t get it.

A few weeks ago people were up in arms a few weeks ago about schools going back. Now people are up in arms that they aren’t going back. Can’t do nothing right!

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Mardyarse

I’ll probably get hate for this but I’m so tempted to make my own bubble with my parents and sister/her little boy, my daughter hasn’t played with another child in 3 months as she an only child so is my nephew who’s 4 they are really struggling with out interaction 😩😩 plus my best friends little boy got diagnosed with leukaemia today and it’s reallly made me realise that life keeps passing by and shit keeps in happening no matter what

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27

Jellycat99

Actually went into a shop for the first time since lockdown today 🙌
I couldn't believe how many people didn't give a shit about social distancing, so I went round the whole shop hissing "it's 2 metres ya DICK" to anyone that got in my way 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

Prodcon21

Chatty Member
Where are you based that the hair salon is open?

I have to say, your experience doesn’t make me feel excited for my appointment in a few weeks. 😂😂
You must be the only person who doesn’t know that bubbletea lives in Canada 🤣

Salons arnt supposed to be open yet!
She isn’t in the UK - I literally thought this was common knowledge on here. It’s a running joke of hers 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Tublet83

VIP Member
Negatives of being able to meet up in the garden for groups of 6 in England....having to see my in-laws today for the first time in months 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25

hnoz

VIP Member
Fuck me, no one seems to know how much 2m is so if they change it to 1m I imagine people will be standing on top of eachother more than they already are!

• Haha

lexle

Some of you may remember me posting about my boyfriend testing positive 11 weeks ago, which he fully recovered from in 2/3 weeks. Well he started with symptoms again last weekend and has tested positive again!

• Wow
  • Sad

Spencerskates

VIP Member
Another bubble story here: I finally got to see my boyfriend this weekend and it was so so good to just be able to cuddle up and have physical contact with someone! I can’t even explain how much of a positive effect it’s had on my mental health, I’m shattered today but have literally been dancing around the house because I’m so buzzing 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Spencerskates

VIP Member
Over sharing here because I hope you guys will appreciate the misfortune of this situation. Thanks to good old Boris allowing solo households to expand their bubble, I can actually see my boyfriend for the first time in 14 weeks!!😁

... and I’m on my period 🙃

• Haha
  • Sad

Albs

They just interviewed a woman on This Morning who queued since 7:30am to get the John Lewis to buy a Mulberry handbag and two cashmere sweaters. She could have bought online but she’s done enough online shopping (putting delivery drivers at risk). People are SELFISH.
Unnecessary greed.
People are losing there jobs. I work in hospitality. Two branches are closing. Loads of jobs being lost. My job is at risk. And yet....
People can queue and buy unnecessary tat in Primark! And still we can’t see all our family? How is that right?
Some are still shielding.
If we don’t get a second wave I’d like to know why?
I feel like I’ve sacrificed a lot during lockdown. Initially being a keyworker delivering DEFRA boxes and then being furloughed. Hearing people’s stories of being unable to leave the house to get food...
And you get these people who want a Mulberry handbag!!! Take a look at yourselves

I just feel people have learned nothing at all. I won’t be going out until there are no more cases of Covid19
But if nobody went to these shops for ‘unnecessary tat’ then that would be a lot more jobs gone. The shops have opened to get people to spend money & to keep others in jobs.

• Heart

Meangirl815

VIP Member
So we had a socially distanced buffet for my oldest at my mams yesterday.
Things were great. As we were leaving we all thought fuck it and had a quick cuddle.

My sister got her positive covid result via text 2hrs after we left.

Bit of advice if you are thinking about breaking/bending/tweaking lockdown rules.... Don't bother!!!

Hi ho off into isolation we go....

• Sad
  • Wow

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Absolutely loved seeing my mum and dad today. 3 months is such a long time. I feel like a weight has being lifted and just seeing someone that I don't live with was just amazing. My two children are shielding with me but I've made the decision to allow my daughters best friend to come see her next week in our back garden obviously with social distancing in place. It's her birthday next week and this is all she's asked for. Should we be doing it? Probably not but I have to take into consideration the mental health of my children just as much as my own mental health. I've just told her and she sobbed her little heart out

• Heart
Reactions: 22

abitfairytale

Went to see Dad earlier today. Tied it in with taking shopping so felt like there was an excuse to be there. He seems so frail compared to the last time I saw him. Daughter went on about her birthday presents and talking stuff a ten year old does, but as soon as she went upstairs to the toilet he informed me that palliative care will be contacting me too to discuss what it entails etc.

I kept it together but to be honest as soon as the husband picked us up, I cried. I'm 36, he's 77, so I knew he wouldn't be around forever (my parents are 'older' parents - they had trouble conceiving and considered themselves lucky to have me, I'm an only child). But it's awful when reality kicks in, isn't it?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

SarahGard83

VIP Member
I'm going to see my mum and dad. 3 months today since I've seen them but today I'm breaking my shielding bubble and going to sit in their garden for an hour. I've got my facemask and will sit well away but I need this as I'm struggling mentally

• Heart
Reactions: 20