Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You don't think comparing a school to a concentration camp is wrong?

I said survival of the fittest, and that's literally what is happening. The Government don't give two shiny shits about the health of the minimum wage workers they are sending back to work. The priority now is the economy, end of. And its pretty much fact that some people probably won't survive because they have underlying health conditions.

To say schools will be run like concentration camps is pretty bleeping offensive. Our children won't be starved, or worked to the bone or raped or beaten or told they are going to be play in the Wendy House and be fucked gassed to death.

It's a bleeping disgusting comparison to make. Disgusting.
Where did I say concentration camp ? I said experiment...

I said survival of the fittest, and that's literally what is happening. The Government don't give two shiny shits about the health of the minimum wage workers they are sending back to work. The priority now is the economy, end of. And its pretty much fact that some people probably won't survive because they have underlying health conditions.

To say schools will be run like concentration camps is pretty bleeping offensive. Our children won't be starved, or worked to the bone or raped or beaten or told they are going to be play in the Wendy House and be fucked gassed to death.

Would you like my friend's name and you can take that up with her? I apologise for using words SHE said.

Last word on this matter, no parent is being judged. I have friends who aren't sending their kids and friends who will be. I'm not judging them. Personally, I don't think they're concentration camps 🙄

Reactions: 8
Can we stop shaming each other? It’s doing absolutely nothing for the already fraught mood of the thread. Not trying to moderate at all, just a suggestion really, but life is hard enough at the moment for everyone without being at each others’ throats. This thread is normally a place for us to discuss things with both seriousness and humour. That’s just how I feel. Feel free to shoot me down if you like.

Honestly, don’t tempt me to move into The Men of Downing Street thread. I don’t like any of them. 😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Can we stop shaming each other? It’s doing absolutely nothing for the already fraught mood of the thread. Not trying to moderate at all, just a suggestion really, but life is hard enough at the moment for everyone without being at each others’ throats. This thread is normally a place for us to discuss things with both seriousness and humour. That’s just how I feel. Feel free to shoot me down if you like.

Honestly, don’t tempt me to move into The Men of Downing Street thread. I don’t like any of them. 😭
Right? I've been ignoring it but it's hard when it's the entire thread full of it!
We don't need any negativity! We can debate and have differing opinions and be nice about it at the same time

• Heart
Reactions: 12

WE GET IT. It wasn’t the right thing to say, it’s been said over and over already. Let it go.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

What's your last 'normal picture' on your phone? Pre-lockdown.

Mine is probably a picture of my son at softplay pushing his face up to the window in the tube. Grosses me out now I look at it 😖😂
The school run pic broke me. I love walking to and from school with my kids 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 4

What's your last 'normal picture' on your phone? Pre-lockdown.

Mine is probably a picture of my son at softplay pushing his face up to the window in the tube. Grosses me out now I look at it 😖😂
A picture of a dessert I had at a restaurant on 13th March - I can’t believe it’s been that long since I last went out for a meal! I wish I could say I’ve saved a load of money but I haven’t :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I see it as your friend expressing an opinion on her kids school ? what's the big deal ..Today even people have said it's an experiment ,survival of the fittest reads the same to me tbh ..
Someone said her "friend" said schools were like a concentration camp.

You said the above. That her friend was expressing an opinion and there's nothing wrong with it. There's a lot wrong with it. A lot.

Do NOT even try to say survival of the fittest or an experiment is the same as saying schools are like a concentration camp.

So disgustingly disrespectful.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I miss the school run. Which I never thought I'd say, usually it's a hassle 😂
I just can't believe after promising the kids during the HELLISH weather we had this winter that come Spring our walk to school will be in the sunshine this happened!

• Heart
Someone said her "friend" said schools were like a concentration camp.

You said the above. That her friend was expressing an opinion and there's nothing wrong with it. There's a lot wrong with it. A lot.

Do NOT even try to say survival of the fittest or an experiment is the same as saying schools are like a concentration camp.

So disgustingly disrespectful.
It's been established that it was disrespectful and the OP apologised. Agree or disagree with what they said, I don't think this conversation needs to continue, it's going to end up taking up the whole thread.

Reactions: 11
Would you like my friend's name and you can take that up with her? I apologise for using words SHE said.

Last word on this matter, no parent is being judged. I have friends who aren't sending their kids and friends who will be. I'm not judging them. Personally, I don't think they're concentration camps 🙄
No thanks, I don't deal with stupid.

• Wow
I miss it too. I wasn't able to do it for ages due to work so I was quite enjoying it.
I miss the routine more than anything. The days feel so long, school runs always broke up the day for us. I'm trying to keep a routine but it doesn't really keep when you're not going anywhere 😂

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.