Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok, schools can't be compared to a concentration camp, fair enough. My friend used the term concentration camp! In that case, nobody should compare them to jails either. Both have been said by many other people and not just me!
Wow, this thread has changed so much in the past few days.
Saying how the schools would now be like a concentration camp seemed really crass. You can't even compare the two when one was where millions of people were tortured, starved, worked to the bone (literally), used for medical experiments, raped, gassed, and so on.

You say your friend said it but if a friend said that to me, I would think it was a poor choice of words.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I am having my 3 year old grandaughter couple afternoons a week firstly to help my daughters mental health and because she started her cleaning business up again this week. She’s taking all the precautions when working, grandaughter has her own towel and soap at ours and no kissing allowed . We are in our 60’s in good health. It’s our decision and if anyone wants to criticise go ahead
why would people want to criticise your personal choice..

What's your last 'normal picture' on your phone? Pre-lockdown.

Mine is probably a picture of my son at softplay pushing his face up to the window in the tube. Grosses me out now I look at it 😖😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Comparing how the schools would now be to a concentration camp seemed really crass. You can't even compare the two when one was where millions of people were tortured, starved, worked to the bone (literally), used for medical experiences, raped, gassed, and so on.
Again, I was just using terms my friend had used when she told me about the email she had.

Again, I was just using terms my friend had used when she told me about the email she had.
Please reread your post as this is not how it reads. You can’t say things like that and not expect people to get angry.

“I got a text from a friend telling me about her kids school and what procedures they'll put in place. It sounds like a concentration camp!!! Its not a place for a child“

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Why are they sending the year 1's back first? why not all the older kids who understand it better? is it so people can go back to work as older kids can look after themselves at home ( to a certain extent)
According to the DfE blurb I read, Recption and Year 1 are more important because they cement the building blocks of education.

For reference: The guidelines I read indicated that if schools cannot staff all socially distanced classes appropriately then they should bring in staff from other organisations. If this is still not suitable then pupils should be sent to other schools. Where this happens then Reception and Yr 1 should take priority.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I apologise if I made you feel that way, I wasn’t jumping on you and sorry if I read your post the complete wrong way, because it made me feel exactly how you are feeling now. Sorry to have made you feel worse, that was not at all my intention ♥
It's ok, I think it's just one of those days where things are taken to heart. It wasn't you who made me feel worse, and I'm sorry if I've upset you, it wasn't my intention ❤

Reactions: 1
I was using terms my friend used concerning an email she had regarding her own sons.
I don't understand how that makes it any better, you also used it freely. "It sounds like a concentration camp!!! Its not a place for a child"
I just don't think you can be surprised when parents have reacted badly to your choice of words, it sounds very judgemental and lots of parents have no choice but to send their children back to school. Telling them schools will be like concentration camps is a pretty inconsiderate thing to say. I don't think anyone is jumping on you but maybe just consider how your post sounds in future. Saying you don't mean to be judgemental doesn't cancel out you then being really judgemental.

Schools opening is a tough decision for everyone, parents need to make their own call but lets refrain from using things like concentration camps to describe kids returning to schools. Not only is it in poor taste but it is obviously going to make those parents feel crappy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I got a text from a friend telling me about her kids school and what procedures they'll put in place. Her exact words were "It sounds like a concentration camp!!! Its not a place for a child"

Is that better for you all? HER words!!!

Reactions: 1
I got a text from a friend telling me about her kids school and what procedures they'll put in place. Her exact words were "It sounds like a concentration camp!!! Its not a place for a child"

But why share it? Why make parents feel terrible about difficult decisions they are going to have to make?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
But why share it? Why make parents feel terrible about difficult decisions they are going to have to make?
I can say the same for half the comments other people have said the past few weeks making people feel terrible!
That wasn't my intention!

Reactions: 2
My 89 year old Nan has been struggling with loneliness the last few days. She’s normally out at a different labour/social club or bingo every day or the week as well as visits every day from children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. One of her great grandchildren is only 5 months and it’s really hurting her that she’s only met him once. Today I said duck it and went and sat in her garden, socially distanced for 3 hours. She can’t get to a park and I was worried for her. Nobody was harmed, I didn’t set foot in the house and it’s lifted her spirits no end.

I think it’s got to the point that we all just have to way up the pros and cons and as long as we aren’t being silly then ultimately do what suits you and your family.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27

I see it as your friend expressing an opinion on her kids school ? what's the big deal ..Today even people have said it's an experiment ,survival of the fittest reads the same to me tbh ..

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.