Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We only went into lockdown because the British public wanted it. I think if the R number continues to increase, numbers in schools are extremely low/schools refers to open in June and deaths rise then we may enter another lockdown but I don’t think it’s in their plan, they always were going for herd immunity.

Reactions: 13
100% still on the heard immunity arent they, lock down wasnt about protecting anyone, it was to prepare ready for the influx that's going to happen now. And to look like they are doing something, so now a good majority of people are like woo we did lockdown it's safe yay us, back to normal ASAP.

Reactions: 12
It was always about making room in hospitals, now we have a number of empty Nightingales we have the room.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
This herd immunity thing. I thought there was no evidence to show that just because you have it your immune? So it could be pointless anyway?

I think there will be another spike. This meeting one person rule is easy to get around and I know tons of people who are now like well if I have to go back to work and sit with strangers then why can’t I see xxx and many people will be like that and just do it.

Reactions: 6
This herd immunity thing. I thought there was no evidence to show that just because you have it your immune? So it could be pointless anyway?

I think there will be another spike. This meeting one person rule is easy to get around and I know tons of people who are now like well if I have to go back to work and sit with strangers then why can’t I see xxx and many people will be like that and just do it.
There is no evidence yet, but it would allow the economy to pick back up a bit. Ultimately that’s their main concern now.

I worry that staff from any of my kids school will die.
If that happened and send My kids to school when they have 1 parent at home I would feel semi responsible.
Daft and dramatic I know.
I do worry about my kids also but I recognise from the bloody science they keep pushing that children are carriers less effected and it's the older age group teachers ta lovely office lady and support staff that if they got it or took it home to a vunerable spouse.
No job is worth death or losing a loved one school staff and nhs are not soldiers.

The r rate is too high it's still too soon and many are now being complacent and careless.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

If herd immunity is pointless with Covid then the next answer is to wait for a vaccination. We can't stay in lockdown till vaccination.

So it's a mass experiment if you like. Send us out get us mixing. If herd immunity works, fantastic, if not its literally survival of the fittest till a vaccination can be found

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Just a little rant I’ve been made to feel so utterly awful that I’ve actually deleted Facebook as I cannot take anymore negativity. I initially didn’t want to send my 6 year old back to year 1, however this week schooling her has been awful, I am not cut out to teach her and it’s just making both of us stressed and upset so I changed my mind...stupidly stupidly replied to comment on a friends status on my reasoning for sending her back but I would never judge anyone for what they do (they asked, that was point of the status) and received THIS REPLY:

“Fair enough if YOU want to be one of those responsible for the virus getting out of hand again, fair enough if YOU want your child to be a guinea pig. Fair enough if you want to kill your child. Fair enough if you want lockdown to come back harsher....you have no need to have your children at school, you don’t work...selfish selfish selfish”

I deleted my Facebook as I simply cannot take anymore negativity...I am very open with this ‘friend’ about my mental health and that I have had to call The Samaritans twice since the start, maybe I am selfish? I do ‘work’ infact, I am self employed as a freelance graphic designer, I have four kids and I am really struggling. I haven’t once been out for a walk or been to a crowded place as I feel we have a garden and can save the outside world for people that need it. I have really needed my mum and however many time’s she has offered to have the kids because of how I’m feeling I have said no. Sorry for the long post but I am so upset and really really angry.

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
My 7 year old's school aren't setting any more work because not enough people were accessing it to make it worthwhile. He still had his class, albeit online, now nothing. Not sure how I feel about it.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
My 7 year old's school aren't setting any more work because not enough people were accessing it to make it worthwhile. He still had his class, albeit online, now nothing. Not sure how I feel about it.
I would tell them they are failing in their duty of care to your son. He is being punished (as are others) by having his education withheld. No way should you accept that! They should be providing work even if it’s for one child.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Just a little rant I’ve been made to feel so utterly awful that I’ve actually deleted Facebook as I cannot take anymore negativity. I initially didn’t want to send my 6 year old back to year 1, however this week schooling her has been awful, I am not cut out to teach her and it’s just making both of us stressed and upset so I changed my mind...stupidly stupidly replied to comment on a friends status on my reasoning for sending her back but I would never judge anyone for what they do (they asked, that was point of the status) and received THIS REPLY:

“Fair enough if YOU want to be one of those responsible for the virus getting out of hand again, fair enough if YOU want your child to be a guinea pig. Fair enough if you want to kill your child. Fair enough if you want lockdown to come back harsher....you have no need to have your children at school, you don’t work...selfish selfish selfish”

I deleted my Facebook as I simply cannot take anymore negativity...I am very open with this ‘friend’ about my mental health and that I have had to call The Samaritans twice since the start, maybe I am selfish? I do ‘work’ infact, I am self employed as a freelance graphic designer, I have four kids and I am really struggling. I haven’t once been out for a walk or been to a crowded place as I feel we have a garden and can save the outside world for people that need it. I have really needed my mum and however many time’s she has offered to have the kids because of how I’m feeling I have said no. Sorry for the long post but I am so upset and really really angry.
Honestly just ignore it. You're not selfish or anything like that at the end of the day everyone is coping differently. You've got to weigh up the risks. If it's more detrimental to her to not be in school then send her to school. It's no one elses damn business what's best for YOUR child.
I could have taken time off work unpaid (I work for a company that's owned by a supermarket) but I choose to continue working cause when I get stressed about money my mental health really suffers (recovering anorexic). For me, risking my health was better for my mental health. My dad and I had a huge row about it but at the end of the day it's not his business. If sending her to school is what's best for her and you then you're making the right decision as HER mother. Your friend is not you daughter's parent. Her opinion counts for sweet FA.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Deleting Facebook will be the best thing you do today. I deleted mine 7 weeks ago and am so much better without it.
Don’t worry x sending warm hugs x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Deleting Facebook will be the best thing you do today. I deleted mine 7 weeks ago and am so much better without it.
Don’t worry x sending warm hugs x
Honestly just ignore it. You're not selfish or anything like that at the end of the day everyone is coping differently. You've got to weigh up the risks. If it's more detrimental to her to not be in school then send her to school. It's no one elses damn business what's best for YOUR child.
I could have taken time off work unpaid (I work for a company that's owned by a supermarket) but I choose to continue working cause when I get stressed about money my mental health really suffers (recovering anorexic). For me, risking my health was better for my mental health. My dad and I had a huge row about it but at the end of the day it's not his business. If sending her to school is what's best for her and you then you're making the right decision as HER mother. Your friend is not you daughter's parent. Her opinion counts for sweet FA.
thank you ladies ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 2
This situation has brought out the worst in some people. Honestly, people need to mind their own business and focus on themselves and their own families. I am so sick to death of everything right now, I’ve hardly been on SM for weeks. There is no escaping it and it’s suffocating. I feel like the moon wouldn’t be far enough away from all this crap. Seriously. The mental health crisis after all of this is said and done is going to be next level. It was bad enough before.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

I know what you mean about Facebook it's a toxic place but one my real life family and friends prefer to use plus a SEN support group I use for my son has been a lifeline.
I got backlash about getting a puppy tbh anything anyone does or chooses is judged in some way.

I have 4 kids so can empathise with you.
We have good and bad days 're home school.
Husbands back in work next week that makes me anxious how I will cope.
Just because I choose not send my kids into school doesn't mean I judge those who need to for whatever reason.

Also huge issue is risk assessment.
Some schools have loads space some are tiny.
Some have huge intakes some have tiny.
There's also regional differences in the r rate so down south is safer than the north.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I know what you mean about Facebook it's a toxic place but one my real life family and friends prefer to use plus a SEN support group I use for my son has been a lifeline.
I got backlash about getting a puppy tbh anything anyone does or chooses is judged in some way.

I have 4 kids so can empathise with you.
We have good and bad days 're home school.
Husbands back in work next week that makes me anxious how I will cope.
Just because I choose not send my kids into school doesn't mean I judge those who need to for whatever reason.

Also huge issue is risk assessment.
Some schools have loads space some are tiny.
Some have huge intakes some have tiny.
There's also regional differences in the r rate so down south is safer than the north.
We are down south, in BCP area. We have had hardly any cases really compared to rest of the country, we have no cases in Bmouth hospital at all currently, not sure about Poole.

Why can’t you get a puppy? It’s surely given you something to do, something to keep your mind off of things and puppies are just lovely in general, I’m jealous haha ♥♥ I completely understand about your partner going back to work, mine has been working since the start still as his factory provides for NHS. I think that’s why I have been so bad, because it’s literally all day long with no adult company at all when usually we would be having play dates, going to groups etc and now I have two school age and two toddlers and tearing my hair out. I can’t see an end in sight and my mind is telling me that this is life forever.
I have had my Nan and Mum on the phone constantly begging me to let them help me and I don’t know what to do anymore 😭

Reactions: 5
We are down south, in BCP area. We have had hardly any cases really compared to rest of the country, we have no cases in Bmouth hospital at all currently, not sure about Poole.

Why can’t you get a puppy? It’s surely given you something to do, something to keep your mind off of things and puppies are just lovely in general, I’m jealous haha ♥♥ I completely understand about your partner going back to work, mine has been working since the start still as his factory provides for NHS. I think that’s why I have been so bad, because it’s literally all day long with no adult company at all when usually we would be having play dates, going to groups etc and now I have two school age and two toddlers and tearing my hair out. I can’t see an end in sight and my mind is telling me that this is life forever.
I have had my Nan and Mum on the phone constantly begging me to let them help me and I don’t know what to do anymore 😭
I might get backlash for saying this but if I were you I would let them help. Your health is priority, forget the “rules”. So many people are breaking them for crappy reasons anyway and you couldn’t have a better reason for letting them see your children and help out. As long as they aren’t high risk I’d let them help out, even just for a few hours to let you have some time to yourself. I hope things get better x

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.