Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m tempted I tell ya! Except don’t get me involved in the ‘snog, marry, avoid’.... I left pretty sharpish after witnessing that 🤢🤮🤣
We wont I promise but you do have to tell us what you had for breakfast fab five style...see thread for reference. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
teenagers are so stubborn.
At the end of the day we’re supposed to be staying in anyway. As long as he’s eating, drinking and sleeping well then I wouldn’t worry. I bet the majority of teenagers haven’t been taking advantage of the daily exercise. I wouldn’t have done when I was a teenager.
Yep , skate park is shut, cinema shut, JD sport shut 😂😂 can't think of any other reason my older teenager willingly leaves the house

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Mine has come out in the garden and half arsed painted half a fence panel with us but once he has finished all his school stuff , usually at least 4 hours then he just wants to play FIFA tournament with his mates. He did his virtual sports day task in the garden and has sat out to eat meals with us etc. I am offended people even think it's poor parenting , I can only assume it's somebody who doesn't have an older teen 🙄

I have an 11 and 13 year old too and they have both had no choice in the family walk. In honestly though we haven't been everyday anyway. But we have done loads of work and renovation jobs in the garden. Before covid we used to walk often on the public footpaths , nature reserve by our house but to be honest I have never seen it busier than our few lockdown walks, literally every man and his dog was out ( I'm scared of dogs too😂😂)
I think as any parent of an older teen will know the ability to "lay down the law" diminishes as they get older. It's called independance.

256 hospital deaths full figure across all setting to be released later.

Reactions: 7
I dont understand why the government hasnt just extended the key worker list to include more sectors and let the children of the sectors required to go back to work go back to school. I also dont understand the whole parent shaming really. Schools and department of Education have all said there will be no penalties for children not attending why dont those parents who’s children dont need to attend just keep them home and be quiet? I really dont get it 😩😩 so many posts on social media from parents saying its not right that schools are opening bla bla bla and at the same time saying they wont be sending their children back.. well thats brilliant Susan but why are you even bothering to bloody make the post? To convince yourself or others that you are doing the right thing? Everyones cicrumstances are different and we cant all afford to keep our children home and not go back to work. 🤷🏼‍♀️

When you talk about how you’ll be doing the right thing by keeping your child off school when the doors reopen, you make another mother who has no choice but to return to work to feed her kids feel shame. When you talk about how you’ll be proudly sending your kids to school to protect their development and mental health you make another mother who is shielding due to illness and won’t be able to send her kids to school feel overwhelmed with guilt. We all have our preferences and opinions. Shouting about them on Facebook doesn’t make them the right or wrong ones.

#justsaying 💓

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Where are these from? Can anybody buy them. Glad you've recovered and your minds at rest xx
We had ours in Harley St babe.
You can get them online from what I can gather but we had someone from the clinic do ours so we knows it's trusted and legit ☺

Reactions: 1
We had ours in Harley St babe.
You can get them online from what I can gather but we had someone from the clinic do ours so we knows it's trusted and legit ☺
Ok thank you so much. I'll do some research. Dont mind paying as long as I know it's legit.

Just received an email from my daughters school. Shes in year 1.

‘We know that, unlike older children and adults, early years and primary age children cannot be expected
to remain 2 metres apart from each other and staff. In deciding to bring more children back to early years
and schools, we are taking this into account’
Instead the advice include:
• avoiding contact with anyone with symptoms
• frequent hand cleaning and good respiratory hygiene practices
• regular cleaning of settings
• minimising contact and mixing (group sizes no larger than 15)"

I am currently sourcing an antibody test for my family. If weve already had it, which I suspect. She will be going back in June.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
My son will be returning. I am very happy with the guidelines his school have introduced. No Reception children going in at all, Yr 1 and Yr 6 are doing 2 days a week on different days. Call me selfish but I don’t care, he’s not doing well at home and he is missing the routine of school.

Interesting interview on the Radio with mum from Denmark, they’ve not seen the resistance we are getting here and it’s working well over there. Maybe their press aren’t scaremongering?

nothing will have changed come September, C-19 isn’t going anywhere, a vaccine could be years off. We just need to do our best to get things back to some form of normality.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
My son will be returning. I am very happy with the guidelines his school have introduced. No Reception children going in at all, Yr 1 and Yr 6 are doing 2 days a week on different days. Call me selfish but I don’t care, he’s not doing well at home and he is missing the routine of school.

Interesting interview on the Radio with mum from Denmark, they’ve not seen the resistance we are getting here and it’s working well over there. Maybe their press aren’t scaremongering?

nothing will have changed come September, C-19 isn’t going anywhere, a vaccine could be years off. We just need to do our best to get things back to some form of normality.
Denmark have had 537 deaths in total. If we had those statistics i wouldn't be resistant in sending children back to school either.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.