Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nope he hasn’t. The furthest he’s been until today is the front porch with the door open to clap on a Thursday. 😳 He’s been in the back garden a couple of times but that’s it. He refused walks and didn’t want to go anywhere and I think his exams being taken away (he’s 16 and was about to do GCSEs) initially shocked and confused him, and he has been sleeping, eating, and shooting zombies ever since. Today I pushed him more and he enjoyed it so I am going to see if I can get him out every evening.
The only way I've managed to get my 19yr old out is by asking him to pop to the shop for milk for my parents (who we are shopping for). He isn't remotely interested in coming for a walk with us when we go. If I push it, it just causes an argument. I have managed to get him in the garden to kick a ball around but even that took a lot of persuading.

Reactions: 6
Nope he hasn’t. The furthest he’s been until today is the front porch with the door open to clap on a Thursday. 😳 He’s been in the back garden a couple of times but that’s it. He refused walks and didn’t want to go anywhere and I think his exams being taken away (he’s 16 and was about to do GCSEs) initially shocked and confused him, and he has been sleeping, eating, and shooting zombies ever since. Today I pushed him more and he enjoyed it so I am going to see if I can get him out every evening.
I wouldn’t worry. I only found out a few days ago that my neighbour actually HAS a teenage son. I’ve lived here almost 6 months.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Time to change the wifi password 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Ventured out today to The Range, queued up outside then went straight to the outside garden centre part. Managed to get a few plants then popped to the craft area near the tills and managed to pick up a paint by numbers and an engraving kit! Was in and out in no time at all and everyone was been respectful to social distancing.

We've planted the flowers this evening and I now have 1 jigsaw left to do and the paint by numbers and etching set to keep me busy (I have to remind myself I'm 33 not 6) 😂

Edit: I know this isn't an essential trip out but I have only been going to the supermarket for essential shopping, did a big Aldi shop 3 weeks ago and only popped to local shops for milk and bread 🙂

I think it’s been around a lot longer than we realise, my kids dad is asthmatic and last November he came down with a really horrendous cough and heaviness in his chest, he took himself to a&e crying which is totally unlike him, they gave him a chest x ray which brought up nothing, he went to the docs and they said no driving and signed him off work for 8 weeks. He laid on the sofa unable to move for weeks coughing and struggling to get his asthma under control, my kids were with him and his partner every other weekend as normal but they were so worried about him, he had a second chest x ray and they ruled out pneumonia but couldn’t give him any answers. I am convinced it must have been it. None of our 4 kids got ill at all.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
The daily mail misunderstanding how unions work... and the fact that teachers did no such thing as disagree with the unions the FORMER education secretary disagreed with them and has never been a teacher in his life.

1589498295417.png

• Angry
Reactions: 4
The daily mail misunderstanding how unions work... and the fact that teachers did no such thing as disagree with the unions the FORMER education secretary disagreed with them and has never been a teacher in his life.

View attachment 130476
I'm a teacher and I can honestly say the kids will NOT benefit from being in schools. I work in various SEND schools and help individual students on EHCP's. One school emailed me today saying alot of the resources I use which are ALL hands on cannot be in use anymore due to potential of germs. They've also taken away all toys they deem hard to clean - children are still allowed fidget toys but must be the same toy now which is a big deal to some SEND children who fixate on different little things everyday. No carpet story times, all children to be in classes of 15 with only one teacher and TA if they can stretch it. But no chance of any other year groups coming back in this school as the 3 year groups being broken down in to 6 classes will be all they can handle due to staff shortages and staggering lunch and break times. Also, NO PPE and NO MASKS allowed in this school even fabric ones as its deemed more risky?

Many teachers are worried SICK.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
160 NHS staff ...138 military personnel were killed in hostile fire in Iraq ?
179 British service personnel and at least 3 UK Government civilian staff died. 138 was personnel who died in hostile circumstances.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I think it’s been around a lot longer than we realise, my kids dad is asthmatic and last November he came down with a really horrendous cough and heaviness in his chest, he took himself to a&e crying which is totally unlike him, they gave him a chest x ray which brought up nothing, he went to the docs and they said no driving and signed him off work for 8 weeks. He laid on the sofa unable to move for weeks coughing and struggling to get his asthma under control, my kids were with him and his partner every other weekend as normal but they were so worried about him, he had a second chest x ray and they ruled out pneumonia but couldn’t give him any answers. I am convinced it must have been it. None of our 4 kids got ill at all.
my mum was really poorly late last year as well, couldn’t get out of bed etc bad cough that wouldn’t go away, I had to drive to her house to take her food and drinks to her in bed. Then my son had a high temp (up to 41 some days) for Over a week, in the end the doctor gave him a course of antibiotics but actually said she was only giving them because it had gone on too long and there must be something wrong but she couldn’t tell me what. My brother was ill too, I was the only person that didn’t seem to get whatever it was🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 2
my mum was really poorly late last year as well, couldn’t get out of bed etc bad cough that wouldn’t go away, I had to drive to her house to take her food and drinks to her in bed. Then my son had a high temp (up to 41 some days) for Over a week, in the end the doctor gave him a course of antibiotics but actually said she was only giving them because it had gone on too long and there must be something wrong but she couldn’t tell me what. My brother was ill too, I was the only person that didn’t seem to get whatever it was🤦‍♀️
Exactly the same for me, 3rd time back at GP they gave me antibiotics.

I saw Haven put a Facebook post up earlier. They are allowing people to book caravans for July, nothing on the sites will be open other then a shop and takeaway, it's also pretty cheap.

Not sure how I feel about it.. on one hand if this is still on in August we may book for the week we were meant to be in Spain, on the other what's the point.
I'm the same, my boyfriend suggested we could book a week and on one hand im like why a week just to sit in a caravan but then on the other hand week just the two of us could be great and if its near a beach we can go for long walks

I'm a teacher and I can honestly say the kids will NOT benefit from being in schools. I work in various SEND schools and help individual students on EHCP's. One school emailed me today saying alot of the resources I use which are ALL hands on cannot be in use anymore due to potential of germs. They've also taken away all toys they deem hard to clean - children are still allowed fidget toys but must be the same toy now which is a big deal to some SEND children who fixate on different little things everyday. No carpet story times, all children to be in classes of 15 with only one teacher and TA if they can stretch it. But no chance of any other year groups coming back in this school as the 3 year groups being broken down in to 6 classes will be all they can handle due to staff shortages and staggering lunch and break times. Also, NO PPE and NO MASKS allowed in this school even fabric ones as its deemed more risky?

Many teachers are worried SICK.

I spoke with our senco earlier and I explained I won’t be sending my child back as he won’t understand all the rules nor will I have him triggered which will impact him on his mental health. I asked how they are going to stick to his ECHP?, He’s supposed to have 1:1 at all times and I honestly can’t see how that would work so that he’s safe.

His senco said we honestly don’t know how we are going to do anything everything you have said is what we’re raising and more no-one is answering those questions they are just asking us to return loads of children back to school and it’s not going to work.

It’s so sad that they are being pressured into doing this

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.