Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Firstly remember the schools are still open and have never been closed for key worker and vulnerable children. Teachers have not stopped working.
That would mean shutting ALL the schools NOW for 6 weeks even for key worker and vulnerable children so all school staff could have their well deserved and unpaid 6 weeks off that they are contracted too. Maybe the people who want schools open so badly could cover the hub schools for key worker children so this could happen. I assume you'll be first to volunteer?
Could they not have sub teachers come in and cover? I see a lot on my FB complaining because their sitting with no money.They don't get wages throughout the summer anyway ,it would give permanent staff a break and subs a wage..Just a thought ..But don't know how the unions would take to it..

Reactions: 3
No outdoor time for nursery kids? Only table work and no play for Y1? Sounds horrendous and totally against everything eyfs should be. I totally get reasonable adjustments need made, but to me that doesn’t sound reasonable. Surely being outside there is more space to socially distance the kids?

Interested to see how it all works. That implies that every school has a load of extra classrooms. My kids school has 6 classrooms for 7 year groups (one class is composite). No way of it working at all there.
We have 3 classrooms for 7 year groups. 4 if you include the cloakroom where my daughter class are (there's only 6 of them and the teacher flicks between them and the reception/yr1 class). Playground has 3 areas with fences/gates that can be closed off plus the outside space in reception/yr1 class. There's 3 teachers and 2 TA, head teacher is 50/50 with another school.
Speaking to the parents from school none will be going back, I'm still not sure.

Reactions: 2
Furlough is capped though? you get 80% of your income up to 2500 a month so it is capped to 30000 a year being paid by the government (if for example this lasted for a whole year). If employers top up thats up to them
Yes so is the SE grant on that basis.

However if you earn over £50k on PAYE you get £2,500 on furlough, if you earn over £50K on SE you get £0.

That is not fair, they keep saying we need to make it fair but the SE are being treated as second class on this basis.

• Sad
I find the Trump rally’s fascinating,
He genuinely thinks he can wish this all away. The difference between the New York updates and the White House updates are fascinating to watch.
Tremendous, fascinating, etc..... 😐

So Germany are still helping Ireland out with testing when needed, but the U.K. are sending labs off to the USA?
I can only assume this is brexit related?
Someone on my FB has said the very same .The Brits have shot themselves in the foot with Brexit they won't get any help from the EU .I wonder how much all these chartered flights are costing ? since the economy is at it's worst since records began..

Even if we don't get a vaccine this virus won't always be like this. Viruses exist to replicate, killing their host isn't in its best interests. So eventually it will evolve not to be so deadly. I remeber when HIV was first makjnbbthe waves, the fear and the scary adverts. Yet now its not a death sentence and we have come so far in terms of treatment and even possible cure. Life won't always be like this, we will learn to live alongside it. We are still very early into finding out about it, there are some exciting trials going on in regards to treatment.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I can’t wait for all these people who think teaching is so easy to go and do their teacher training when all this is over 👍

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I don't agree with scrapping the summer holidays. This hasn't been a holiday for the kids at all and teachers are still working.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Could they not have sub teachers come in and cover? I see a lot on my FB complaining because their sitting with no money.They don't get wages throughout the summer anyway ,it would give permanent staff a break and subs a wage..Just a thought ..But don't know how the unions would take to it..
Sub teachers would, in many cases, be delighted to do it and get paid. But many (like me) would have no childcare (my youngest is 18months) so may not be a huge number available.

Reactions: 1
Even if we don't get a vaccine this virus won't always be like this. Viruses exist to replicate, killing their host isn't in its best interests. So eventually it will evolve not to be so deadly. I remeber when HIV was first makjnbbthe waves, the fear and the scary adverts. Yet now its not a death sentence and we have come so far in terms of treatment and even possible cure. Life won't always be like this, we will learn to live alongside it. We are still very early into finding out about it, there are some exciting trials going on in regards to treatment.
I agree ! but HIV is/was avoidable..This knows no bounds so is going to be bloody hard to work round..

My youngest daughters school have just sent it a survey , albeit a short one, about feelings about returning to school. They are looking for numbers of parents that would 1) consider it 2) def will send back 3) def won’t.
There is mention of the max 15 children per bubble. This will be made up of not necessarily their teacher, classmates, or friendship group. It also states very clearly that there will be little or no normal teaching practices.

Reactions: 8
My daughter is 18 at the end of the month, 30th. Do we think we will still be in lockdown? And do we think McDonald’s will be open? All she’s worried about 😂. We’re in Northern England, no Mcds open here.

Her work have emailed to say furlough ends and they want her back in 29th May, this is worrying me sick as I have health conditions and her dads asthmatic. Husband is allowed to work from home for a while yet.

• Sad
My daughter is 18 at the end of the month, 30th. Do we think we will still be in lockdown? And do we think McDonald’s will be open? All she’s worried about 😂

Her work have emailed to say furlough ends and they want her back in 29th May, this is worrying me sick as I have health conditions and her dads asthmatic. Husband is allowed to work from home for a while yet.
All McDonald’s drive thrus to reopen next Wednesday apparently. First question my 7 year old asked was whether he could have one for his birthday (27th) 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I agree ! but HIV is/was avoidable..This knows no bounds so is going to be bloody hard to work round..
That is true, but it took a while to learn about it. Spanish flu is still with us but we don't have a pandemic of it still. I was just trying to point out that whilst it is a scary prospect of living with covid 19, I don't thonknit will always be like this. We are just 6 months into knowing about it and look at what we are already learning.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Sub teachers would, in many cases, be delighted to do it and get paid. But many (like me) would have no childcare (my youngest is 18months) so may not be a huge number available.
If their talking about childcare facilities opening up for workers in general it might solve this .There's a lot of sub teachers in my sons school with no kids would jump at this ,they used to hate the summer holidays as they had no money for 2 months .But like you say depending on staff numbers and if the unions agree 🤷‍♀️

All McDonald’s drive thrus to reopen next Wednesday apparently. First question my 7 year old asked was whether he could have one for his birthday (27th) 😂
Well, that’ll make her 18th the best birthday ever. Funny how they only want the little things after all of this 😄

Reactions: 7
Mine is 8 on the 28th, he'll be delighted if McDonald's is open 😱 imagine a year ago trying to picture us in this scenario now, so bizarre.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
That is true, but it took a while to learn about it. Spanish flu is still with us but we don't have a pandemic of it still. I was just trying to point out that whilst it is a scary prospect of living with covid 19, I don't thonknit will always be like this. We are just 6 months into knowing about it and look at what we are already learning.
That's the problem I'm learning too much 😂 and not in a positive way 😬 I'll have to deeducate myself:LOL:

Mine is 8 on the 28th, he'll be delighted if McDonald's is open 😱 imagine a year ago trying to picture us in this scenario now, so bizarre.
Birthday twins! I'm nights and I would LOVE to pick up a Maccy D's breakfast if they're open by then.

• Heart
Poll updated to reflect the kiddy chats...

CBE46409-3086-48D0-AB9E-CC3570BCCECB.jpeg

Let me know if it needs another option 🤣

results from the last poll.
135ACDC4-FDE3-453A-8DC4-FBAB4519F17E.jpeg

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.