Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No idea as 1st born is senior school takes busy public busesx2 1st year gcse and asthmatic she's not shielding as mild but feels like a risk.
2nd born year 6 Sept she was looking forward to camp, prom, life skills sats even she's bit odd she won't have that.
3rd one my son missed his freinds as he has sisters.
4th was due to start preschool now I won't risk that until Jan maybe even Easter 2021.

I worry about even worse outbreak in winter
That teaching staff might die and traumatised my kids.
2 if my kids have bad anxiety issues too.
It doesn't sound like a great environment to be in.
Also might only be part time.

I just worry school won't feel like school anymore right now it childcare.
There's that anolgy I dident want to see anyone when ill or dying as wanted to remember them as they were.
I imagine school runs and going back before vaccine feel very tense and stressful for all.

Omg that just looks so horrific.

They wont be going back to the school they knew and the affection once shown to them will be gone, no hugs etc. It will be a case of keeping an eye keeping them safe keeping them clean. Minimal learning and emotionally scarring.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
No idea as 1st born is senior school takes busy public busesx2 1st year gcse and asthmatic she's not shielding as mild but feels like a risk.
2nd born year 6 Sept she was looking forward to camp, prom, life skills sats even she's bit odd she won't have that.
3rd one my son missed his freinds as he has sisters.
4th was due to start preschool now I won't risk that until Jan maybe even Easter 2021.

I worry about even worse outbreak in winter
That teaching staff might die and traumatised my kids.
2 if my kids have bad anxiety issues too.
It doesn't sound like a great environment to be in.
Also might only be part time.

I just worry school won't feel like school anymore right now it childcare.
There's that anolgy I dident want to see anyone when ill or dying as wanted to remember them as they were.
I imagine school runs and going back before vaccine feel very tense and stressful for all.

Wow this is crazy to see!

I know understand what she was saying but the argument still doesn't really work, it is very different legislating for something that many people need to do, vs something people want to do. We all want to see our friends and family but allowing people to be able to move home is obviously more important as a first step. Need vs want.
It's an observation not a criticism !

Omg that just looks so horrific.

They wont be going back to the school they knew and the affection once shown to them will be gone, no hugs etc. It will be a case of keeping an eye keeping them safe keeping them clean. Minimal learning and emotionally scarring.
Well that video I assume is china I assume UK won't be quite that bad.
But right now I chat see how it's workable in 2/ 3 my kids schools as they have more kids than building meant for.
Lots schools due to rising demand teach kids in corridors even cupboards they very overcrowded places.
Newer build schools probably have wide corridors and sometimes more outdoor space.
Old historic buildings have narrow corridors and stair cases and seniors constantly have move around classrooms or blocks.

Reactions: 3
Well that video I assume is china I assume UK won't be quite that bad.
But right now I chat see how it's workable in 2/ 3 my kids schools as they have more kids than building meant for.
Lots schools due to rising demand teach kids in corridors even cupboards they very overcrowded places.
Newer build schools probably have wide corridors and sometimes more outdoor space.
Old historic buildings have narrow corridors and stair cases and seniors constantly have move around classrooms or blocks.

Our school is new, corridor is still narrow. I cant see how it will be achieved. Unless those higher then me have some miracle plan but currently our head cant figure out a way to be safe.

The more I see the more something isnt sitting right with me, sorry for my tin foil hat, but it almost feels like we are being tested and conditioned for something.

Reactions: 4
This doesnt make a whole lot of sense the house viewing thing, but I have seen government ministers say the reason they are still being so tough on seeing family / friends v strangers is the urge to touch people we know. You aren't going to be tempted to hug Fred the stranger in the park, but you would be tempted to hug your nan
Depends how handsome Fred is.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The more I see the more something isnt sitting right with me, sorry for my tin foil hat, but it almost feels like we are being tested and conditioned for something.
I agree! I feel like there’s more to this, but it’s probably just wine induced paranoia

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Maybe Kermy means if the family are still present in the home total strangers will be able to come inside to view the house,but people can't go inside their own family's home for instance ..That's what I'm picking up from it..
Yea this.

Is anyone else feeling a bit gloomy today? Don't know what's wrong with me πŸ˜•
that was me yesterday..so stressed trying to work from home with some deadlines and loads to get through ..its hard with everyone at home , trying to juggle my full time job (just now my office is downstairs) home schooling, worrying about my husband whos is furloughed and works in the aviation industry (& probably wont have a job at the end of all this πŸ˜•). i feel like im slowly losing myself..i dont even particularly want to see anyone x

• Sad
Wow this is crazy to see!
There is perspex screens on all students desks also and PPE worn ,look how disciplined they are not like the UK..Everytime I watch things from China it brings home how serious this thing is...

Reactions: 6
There is perspex screens on all students desks also and PPE worn ,look how disciplined they are not like the UK..Everytime I watch things from China it brings home how serious this thing is...
yeah china really don't duck about do they? I'm still not over them sealing the doors of infected patients so they couldn't leave even if they wanted to. Imagine we did that in the UK! There would be uproar

The clappy hands and hand in the air thing, cracked me up. Took me right back to primary school πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ–πŸ»

Reactions: 1
This doesnt make a whole lot of sense the house viewing thing, but I have seen government ministers say the reason they are still being so tough on seeing family / friends v strangers is the urge to touch people we know. You aren't going to be tempted to hug Fred the stranger in the park, but you would be tempted to hug your nan
I actually would rather not see my dad because it would destroy me not having a dad hug. We talk every day, that'll do for now. 😊

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I think major issue here is politically and culturally we very different to Asia or a state run by dictator.
Our lockdown was soft and government only figured 50% stick to it.
In Asia they used to wearing masks and doing as they told. never travelled there but from what others say they quite clean streets and public transport.
They had sars , mers and extreme air pollution too and seem more technologically advanced
Asia love strict rote learning and can be pushier than UK parents.

yeah china really don't duck about do they? I'm still not over them sealing the doors of infected patients so they couldn't leave even if they wanted to. Imagine we did that in the UK! There would be uproar
Yes their measures are very extreme and obviously needed...And that's the worrying thing..

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.