Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #32

Are you happy with the latest Boris update? (Anonymous answer)

• I’m past lockdown and I’m making my own rules now

Votes: 22 5.0%
  • I’m going to keep isolating as much as possible, I’m still scared.

Votes: 284 64.0%
  • I’m finding a middle ground but I’ve relaxed my own isolation

Votes: 138 31.1%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reactions: 4
Does anyone know or can share any opinions on vulnerable people. I know its a silly question but I've recently become categorised as vulnerable. I was furloughed til end of June but strongly feel I will be getting an email from work this week telling me to go back. As I'm now vulnerable and will obviously tell them I am does that mean I have to go back? What will happen to my pay?

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know or can share any opinions on vulnerable people. I know its a silly question but I've recently become categorised as vulnerable. I was furloughed til end of June but strongly feel I will be getting an email from work this week telling me to go back. As I'm now vulnerable and will obviously tell them I am does that mean I have to go back? What will happen to my pay?
If you are shielding then they cannot make you go back, I’m not sure on the laws regarding pay but I think legally they could put you on SSP but if your on furlough this shouldn’t change. Apparently news on furlough and SE are coming tomorrow or Wednesday!

Reactions: 6
Unfortunately if you have to shield you are only entitled to SSP. Hopefully your workplace is understanding though, and fingers crossed they will just keep you furloughed.

Reactions: 7
Id tell them straight away about your change of circumstances and see wether they have recieved guidance on vulnerable people coming back from the government. They should have had some guidance regarding that.

thank you everyone. Yes I'm going to wait till I get the email then tell them an see what they say from there. Thank you :)

Reactions: 3
Morning just catching up guys.
I was working last night bit really appreciated the pics gave me chuckle.
Not much will change here my kids not relevent year groups.
Husbands still off work.
I am keyworker essential food retail .

Yesterday I attempted lockdown hair cut on the toddler she now looks like Boris!
I might go buy plants
Keeping away from parks as reckon they be busy.
Can't see my family as their governments message is stay at Home and their local police patrolling the highways.
I love my family but even in normal circumstances I don't see give amount of them so managing.
However becoming a aunty again this week so sad no newborn cuddles but it's for greater good.

Blimey piers Morgan went mental today.
Poor old professor Winston.

Odd question regarding say scotalns for example.

I'm assuming borders is beyond wee Nicola control she stated this on gmb as people who live on border or other countries flying in.
Furlough is assume is UK natiomal scheme.
If scotland tell scotyish construction and manufacturers stay safe and stay and home and be paid longer than English counterparts how is this safe?
Other than the differing messing stay home stay alert.
Health and education is devolved
But do all 4 nations follow same time table for different types of businesses to open up?

Reactions: 2
Don't wait for an email. Update them now so they can plan for you not being back. The more notice they have the better they can sort things in a way that works for you all.

thank you everyone. Yes I'm going to wait till I get the email then tell them an see what they say from there. Thank you :)

Wow I’m sad today.
Our dog groomer is allowed to open (thank god when you have a dog with a coat that matts easily) but it’s so sad the way you have to drop the dogs off. She’s had to become covid 19 certified so it’s obviously the way she’s been told to run and it’s made me wonder how other places will be when they reopen. So much so that I had a dream about the ‘new normal’ and as daft as it is, I’m sad today.

I just wish there was some way of knowing when this will all be over, properly over I mean

Reactions: 10
I keep checking my inbox to see if there’s any more news from work after last nights announcement. I work in an office and even though we all sit too close together to adhere to social distancing rules, I guess we could go in on rota base so the people next to me wouldn’t be in at the same time as me. Before the lockdown, they were really good in preventing the spread. We had wipes, paper towels, all doors were left open and there was plenty of gel at entry points and doors.
even thou I was so afraid of catching corona, I’ve now completely turned and I would be happy if they asked me back into work tmw. I’m down in the south west so cases are very low here.

Reactions: 5
In reply to someone in the last thread, I work in a dentist and I know my practice won’t be back to normal for a while. We don’t have the correct PPE and are very high risk with all of the aerosol (spray) but your dentist should be open to offer advice and to give emergency treatments. I’m in wales so not sure if it’s different in England. Don’t see how it could be with regards to PPE!

Ah I didn't see piers today what did he say to professor Winston? I love professor Winston lol

Just a bit of advice if anyone develops an abscess in their gums during lockdown just keep banging your face against a brick wall until you pass out. Don’t waste three days going round in circles calling 111 or your GP or A&E because there is no bleeping help whatsoever.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
So you can meet family members in the park. Thats good to know as I know some people on here who live alone are struggling and really want to see their family.❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Just a bit of advice if anyone develops an abscess in their gums during lockdown just keep banging your face against a brick wall until you pass out. Don’t waste three days going round in circles calling 111 or your GP or A&E because there is no bleeping help whatsoever.
Have you spoken to your regular dentist? Do you have a swelling? If you have a swelling you will be given a prescription. If not, get some corsodyl and use it once a day and take pain (alternating paracetamol and ibruprofen is best for dental pain) if you’re in pain.

Don't wait for an email. Update them now so they can plan for you not being back. The more notice they have the better they can sort things in a way that works for you all.
Do you reckon I should? I'm scared either way tbh lol

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.