Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hnoz

VIP Member
The school my mum works at is a special needs school is it's very unlikely it wont open again till September thats all i know
I think the double negatives are confusing everyone, me included 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
A lot of people don’t know this, they just think Branson owns it outright and has an infinate pot of cash. He was only asking for a loan and offered Necker Island as collateral. These are the same people who’ll be complain that it’s too expanse to go on holiday as there is no competition when (and if) some normality resumes.
Can't stand the bloke. Laid his workers off without pay, doesn't pay tax to the UK but wants the UK to bail him out and then sues the NHS?

Not to mention all the creepy/rapey stories about him and his island going round.

• Heart
  • Wow

SassyRiv77

It genuinely makes me sad people are so scared about a take away or shopping delivery.. I’m either very naive or blasé because I haven’t given it a second thought.
My kids will go back when schools open but I’m glad people will keep theirs off as the classrooms will be smaller! My kids are all under 10 and the virus is almost non existent in young kids, plus we live in Norfolk which has the lowest infection rate in the country

50sGirl

VIP Member
Why are people so worried. It’s not the plague and 650 deaths in a population of 66 million is nothing. The numbers if people with the virus are going up as they are testing more and it’s obvious a lot of people have minor symptoms. I’m
66 pretty sure i had it with hubby in Feb ( was not as bad as the flu I had in 2016 which completely floored me for over 2 weeks.
I can’t see my son and family who live 4 hours away and my daughters cleaning business is completely at a standstill. She has serious depression and has been finding it very difficult the the last couple weeks not being able to work . She can’t get much help from the government as she only started her business last jan 2019. She did get a job for a cleaning company cleaning one of the posh supermarkets but was so disgusted at the way they “cleaned “ she left as she felt at risk.
She can’t afford to not work luckily her husband has a job so they are ok for now.
So when you are all saying you want schools to open in September and lockdown to stay think of the people who stand to lose their business and can’t afford to stay at home financially or mentally. One of the girls who worked for her is touting a petition to keep schools closed till September. That’s ok If you are on benefits like she is you have nothing to lose.
As the health expert on our local news says every week each your hands and don’t touch your face and you should be fine.

I am 66 newly retired and my family are all that matters to me. If people are frightened to go out or send their kids to school that’s fine but everyone should be able to choose it’s a free country
Bit in bold.
I should think that’s the same for 99.9% of people.

If lockdown is lifted too early lots more vulnerable people could be at risk.

From a personal view, my father should be shielding until the end of June.
Once lockdown is lifted, all those he HAS to come in contact with on a daily basis - carers, drivers, hospital workers - will be mixing with more and more people and increasing their risk of contracting it and therefore this increases his chances of contracting it.

I don’t feel the numbers are reducing enough yet for lockdown to be lifted.
If we are still getting this many new cases every day WITH lockdown, what would they be like without?

The roads are getting much busier now anyway so it looks like many are already doing more than “essential” journeys.

• Heart

Jamhead

VIP Member
Soooooo glad I don’t have kids. Sorry 🙈 Honestly though couldn’t think of anything worse that being stuck at home 24hrs a day looking after a kid. I’m happy just my little quiet dog and hubby 👌🏼
I'm the opposite, i feel so glad i do have the kids to keep me busy and my mind off things. Think my mental health would've taken a real bashing if it wasnt for them. Just shows what works for one doesn't for another!

• Heart

Kermy5

Did anyone catch the bit before the press conference on Sky News? There was a bloke talking about the documents Nicola Sturgeon has released today. He said something about schools returning and that when they looked at the data, if they were to let children back it would increase the amount of COVID-19 patients in hospital by X% (i dont want to miss quote figures without an article link to back it up) but the figures were shocking. He said the Scottish Government have said they are not in the position to return children to school because of those figures.
Will try and find an article because it was just what i heard whilst cooking the tea.

I think Italy and Spain have only eased them to the same levels we have now though, haven't they?
One minute we're told children don't spread it, likely bullshit to get us back to work, then some other person says schools returning will make the R skyrocket. I'm so confused. 😭

Am I being daft but why are people so massively worried about kids?
I don’t get it
10 million kids in the uk and 11 deaths most of those older “kids” and with health issues
I’m not being argumentative I am genuinely asking what others fear that I don’t see
Of the 21,750 confirmed reported deaths so far in hospitals in England of people who tested positive for Covid-19, 11,412 (52pc) have been people aged 80 and over while 8,442 (39pc) were 60-79.
A further 1,732 (8pc) were aged 40-59, with 153 (1pc) aged 20-39 and 11 (0.05pc) aged 0-19, according to NHS England.
Because the risk of my kid being one of that 11 is gut wrenching.

monga

VIP Member
Honest to god this gets unbelievably better... 100,000 people have been wrongly sent letters to say they should be shielding GPs are now in the process of contacting patients to inform them this is not the case and they can infact go outside 🤦‍♀️ you couldn't write this shit !

• Wow
  • Sad

Titntat

VIP Member
I'm 99% certain that my kids uniform will no longer fit them. We were actually going to go out and get them it but then lockdown happened. They may very well be going back in jogging bottoms and trainers
😂😂 with the amount mines been eating she will be going in my clothes. I'll have pop and feed her snacks at break time. Like when the whole Jamie Oliver thing was happening.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

KateESJ

VIP Member
How is that high in a population of 66 million
400+ people dying in one day of a virus that didn’t exist 6 months ago is always going to be high no matter the population.

Besides, It’s gone up. Which is the point I think they’re trying to make.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Does anyone else think all these brands releasing t shirts could have been a bit more creative?? This is so unappealing I would never in my life wear it
I want a charity tee shirt that says
“THAT’S NOT SIX FEET JACKASS”

• Haha
  • Heart

bubbletea123

VIP Member
Is anyone else annoyed by constantly hearing that old people are going to go off the rails if they aren’t allowed out!? It’s boiling my piss 🤬

What about young people? Children and young teens that haven’t complained once and then there’s pensioners planning a ‘massive revolt’ if they can’t come out.
I actually find that many old people have been the worst during this, bending the rules, etc.

mummy2under2

VIP Member
Just booked me and the other half into Harley St on Monday for the Covid 19 ELISA antibody test.
Takes upto a week to come back but we're both pretty adament we had it earlier in the year. We were both floored with a flu like illness and god awful cough.
Be good to know if we've built up a degree of immunity. 🤞🏼

• Heart

RachyWoo

VIP Member
I couldn't give a shit about the "R rate" or whatever it's called. The deaths and cases are still too high to be even thinking about relaxing any measure of lockdown. There's a picture going round facebook of a slide, just get over the top and jump off, you'll break your legs, but continue down the slide and you'll be fine. It's so true!!

• Heart

Sven

VIP Member
Getting a hit nervous....I feel like all of a sudden all i am seeing is about relaxations of lock downs and government plans for going back to work. I'm just worried its way too early!! Especially when there is a bank holiday on Friday.
I know I want to scream IM NOT READY!!!!

• Sad
  • Haha

Cloudninex

Chatty Member
Is anyone getting strangely use to the new normal? I’m starting to dread when lockdown does get lifted, the amount of people rushing to clothing shops, restaurants & even all the mums and dads in playgrounds it makes me feel uneasy i actually feel nervous at the thought of going to primark again😂😂I hope he does do it in very small stages I work in housekeeping and find it hard to imagine how we’re going to social distance considering we clean people’s bodily fluids daily in pretty much every room

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
For everyone that needs this right now...

he’s still standing.
But he might need to sit down for a few months. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Sick

Titntat

VIP Member
When this lock downs over my mum and mil will squeeze my kids that hard, they will probably shit their selfs.

As I'm not a hugger my self, it's been nice for me 😂

• Haha

Web30

VIP Member
My 5 years old been amazing as well. Before this she would always ask to go places on a weekend, get upset if we didn't have plans. Not once in these 7 weeks has she asked to go anywhere or do anything.
She loves our walks out which helps but its shown me we dont need to make weekends a big event and it's ok to just stay at home and not have plans.

• Heart