Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
My turn to be feeling a little bit down in the dumps. God I’ve tried to be positive but today I’m just going to accept it’s one of those days.

It’s my dads funeral this week, hard to accept only a few people are allowed to attend and not allowed to console and stand with one another. No wake, no get together. Nothing. In all honestly, I don’t want to go and would rather ‘celebrate his life’ as such when we are all able to see one another. I appreciate there are many others experiencing the same when it comes to funerals during this pandemic.

I was also due to have a pelvic scan on 18th March, it got moved to 1st April then cancelled altogether. I was fine initially with this but I’m now starting to panic. I’ve been having tests for the last year (I won’t go into too much detail) but it got to the point that my gp was concerned and arranged for the scan. The last few days my mind has been on overdrive and thinking the worst.

So yeah, today’s pretty shit *opens the gin* it’s 5pm somewhere.

I’ve not really opened the gin, as tempting as it sounds.
I’m so sorry for your loss. Go to the funeral. Mourn your father. Come home and think and cry a little more. Then once this is all over have a huge party celebrating his life. Everyone can go to his place of rest and hug each other.
with regards to your scan. Don’t worry. You now have your father looking out for you and watching over your every move. He won’t let anything bad happen. Relax and open a gin if you want to 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 21

hnoz

VIP Member
Love how the headline is "SCHOOLS WILL" and then the first line of the article is "schools could".
Classic daily fail.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 21

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
I feel so confident that lockdown will be lifted soon that I waxed my Tom Selleck tache. First time since lockdown 🥳

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

monga

VIP Member
Can't stand the bloke. Laid his workers off without pay, doesn't pay tax to the UK but wants the UK to bail him out and then sues the NHS?

Not to mention all the creepy/rapey stories about him and his island going round.
😁
95091609_3278772348868434_8555616489044967424_n.jpg

• Haha

Kermy5

Any other girls who also have been isolating without their boyfriends please feel my pain.
When Boris is going to review lockdown, with potential easing of restrictions: Sunday.
When my next period is due: Monday.

why must the world test me in these ways?!😂
Ah chuck a towel down 😂

• Haha

monga

VIP Member
So Prof Neil Ferguson one of the senior scientific advisors to the government and a member of the SAGE group has resigned because he undermined his own lockdown rules by allowing his married lover to visit his home...Then people are complaining because the public are flouting the rules🤷‍♀️

• Wow
  • Angry

Kermy5

So Prof Neil Ferguson one of the senior scientific advisors to the government and a member of the SAGE group has resigned because he undermined his own lockdown rules by allowing his married lover to visit his home...Then people are complaining because the public are flouting the rules🤷‍♀️
He was just following 'The Science', which is obviously what his girlfriend calls her vagina.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
This might be off topic but if we’re gonna go into a second wave/second lockdown I’m gonna have the best fucking snacks and toilet roll ready and screw anyone who tries to stop me with “only two per customer”

two per customer... I DO NOT KNOW HER!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

SarahGard83

VIP Member
My mum has just received an email from her work stating that if they have symptoms they must get a test. If they don’t then they won’t get any sick pay and will face disciplinary action😬 we had a test centre in the town for 2 days and all the appointments were gone before I even knew it was there. Doesn’t seem very fair!

Also, this morning are currently discussing year 6 children going back as early as 1 June! Followed by year 10 and 12.
I feel like it's all moving too fast. Obviously I want to get back to some sort of normality but only when it's safe

Reactions: 18

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
So some people think they’re going on a plane next month and others don’t want their kid to go to school. We’re all so confused aren’t we, I’m avoiding going outdoors but would very much like some signs of normality. I think it needs to be very carefully brought up with us to get used to things again without fear.

Reactions: 18

prinnygrace

VIP Member
This thread is so positive and lovely to read tonight. I love that we’re all looking forward to the little things that we normally would take for granted. I hope we get to do these things soon🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 17

hnoz

VIP Member
But how are so many still catching the virus when 80% of people are at home? 🤔
Plenty of people still have to go out to work, they get infected there and 2 weeks later someone in their family starts displaying symptoms. In those two weeks the family member has gone to the supermarket once or twice, maybe the corner shop and passed it on without knowing they had it. Obviously everyone tries to maintain 2m but it isn't always possible and 2m isn't always safe if you cough.

Notothefakes

VIP Member
I actually find that many old people have been the worst during this, bending the rules, etc.
I find that generally in life (this is a huge generalisation) people complain about the youth of today well when I’ve had a pushchair young people have let me go on the bus first, opened doors etc and I’ve had more older people push in front of me (even when it was my turn) and shut doors in my face. Obviously it’s not true for everybody but I generally find younger people kinder than older people.

Bostonx

VIP Member
I really don't want lockdown to be lifted this early. I don't need or want to go to Ikea, McDonald's, Nando's whatever. I want to be able to hug my family & I won't be doing that for a while. Even if they relax it this weekend I'll end up locking myself away more because I don't believe it's sufficient to ease up yet!

• Heart

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
I for one am happy for everyone to get excited about the possible opening of Ikea. Regardless of facts, makes a change of all the doom and gloom posts. If it makes you happy, ‘parrot away’! Fancy telling people to stop talking about things because it’s not absolute fact 🙄

I am dreaming of meatballs and mash. Anyone that chooses chips instead are feral imo 🤣

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
Getting a hit nervous....I feel like all of a sudden all i am seeing is about relaxations of lock downs and government plans for going back to work. I'm just worried its way too early!! Especially when there is a bank holiday on Friday.

• Sad
Reactions: 16

LittleMy

VIP Member
My husband started showing symptoms last night. I’m so worried about him and feel awful, he has asthma and although he’s sleeping downstairs, I kept hearing him coughing in the night. I can’t even get a hold of a test for him, I tried to self refer but they’re at full capacity for today already.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16