Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
Did my first “productive” lockdown activity and made a cake today. Welldone me.

Is anyone else seriously getting worried about weight gain in this period? I don’t feel like I’m eating more but I must be - maybe it’s stress eating. Plus I used to go to the gym 3/4 x per week :(. I wanted to emerge from this lockdown as a new woman but instead think I’m gonna be emerging as bloody Jabba the Hut :ROFLMAO:!

• Haha
Reactions: 27

gingerteacup

Chatty Member
They are doing bugger all at the moment, they are on an extended holiday right now. Very few kids in school doing childcare only , and around me they are only working 2 days max a week. I just get messages from fellow teacher friends complaining they are bored.

As a country we need to unite together and part of that is getting people back to work. All my leave has been cancelled as has many others not sure why teachers are any different.
Wow, how rude can you be. I don’t know about the teachers in your area but I can assure you that my Mum is going in once a week and doing online video teaching Monday - Friday. She is also marking all work and giving feedback to the work the students are emailing in.

You need to get off your high horse. Don’t preach about being in it all together and slate key workers. I’m sorry but your comment is vile. Shame on you.

• Heart

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
The Scottish Chief Medical Officer has been caught 44 miles away at her second home with her family. She has publicly apologised.

“While there are reasons for what I did, they do not justify it and they were not legitimate reasons to be out of my home.

“While I and my family followed the guidance on social distancing at all times, I understand that I did not follow the advice I am giving to others, and I am truly sorry for that.

“I know how important this advice is and I do not want my mistake to distract from that.

“I have a job to do as Chief Medical Officer to provide advice to Ministers on the path of this virus and to support the medical profession as they work night and day to save lives, and having spoken with the First Minister this morning I will continue to focus entirely on that job.”

It comes days after SNP bosses called for powers to stop second home owners travelling to rural areas.

• Angry
  • Wow

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
I feel like we should all be watching Gavin and Stacy eating mince pies and opening the buttons on our PJ bottoms to allow the food baby room to breath

I mean, I’ve been in pj’s for 8 days* and pop tarts are my one true friend* and have made up 72% of my diet this Christmas lockdown but there’s no tree up and no decorations around. 😕

Might hang up a covid-19 information booklet with fairy lights around it.

*bare faced lie. *not a total lie
On Sky, the last Gavon
You can’t help but see the anger and vitriol that Boris receives online due to his political positions and handling of the virus. Although I am a fan of Boris, I think that he definitely could have acted quicker in some respects. What I don’t understand is how anyone could laugh or be glad that he has Covid-19. I wouldn’t want to wish this disease on anyone. I really hope that he makes it through this and not just on a personal level for his health but because our country needs consistency at the moment so that we don’t all panic again.
I've had to stop messaging my sibling. Both niece and nephew are seriously high risk and they are ignoring lockdown procedure because they can't stand Boris or Tories and refuse to be told what to do by them.

Boris being taken to hospital just came up on our family chat and she said it makes no difference as he will get proper care so it won't really affect him and he's done nothing to help the country so why bother.

I'm too exhausted to go there with her.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 26

50sGirl

VIP Member
Apparently it’s Chris Whitty’s birthday on the 21st April and my local FB group are thinking about singing happy birthday on their doorstep on that day.
I know he has some fans on here... :)

• Haha
  • Heart

Trixabellee9393

I’m a bit concerned about boris as well :( I hope it really is just precaution and not that he’s gotten worse :( be a bad bad day in history if anything happened to him whether people like him or not. He’s still got a tough job and he’s trying to do it poorly maybe he over did it :( this whole thing is so worrying now the amount of scary things I’m hearing I’m terrified of catching it.

monga

VIP Member
Depends which of those two categories you fall into I guess. Selfishly, and as a healthy 40 yr old...it doesn’t feel so awful to me 😐
Tell that to the young mother on this thread who is fighting a cancer diagnosis so she can see her kids grow up ! she has as much right to life as you or I..😒

Kikini Bamalam

VIP Member
I've had to stop looking at my local Facebook group. It started off quite amusing but gah the curtain twitching outrage is overwhelming. It's like the first week of Neighbourhood Watch on steroids.

I understand that there are people defiying the government instructions but there also so many people innocently following the guidelines - quietly having their daily exercise or doing their best to whilst support vulnerable family members/friends and getting absolutely lynched for it. It's giving me the rage.
Do you know what is the most ironic thing is? I had proper diagnosed by a psych agoraphobia from 2013. I had only left the house 4 times since 2013 until Nov 2019. In late Nov19 I started walking my dog in the park and I have continued it daily since.If I deviate I will lapse back into not leaving the house ever again.

• Sad
  • Heart

BigBrenda

Chatty Member
Started crying at the queens speech now the husbands scared I’m pregnant again as I’m usually not one for emotions 😂 can clarify I am not bless him

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

50sGirl

VIP Member
Does anyone know if there is a SaggyTitsAnonymous group?
Asking for a friend - it has absolutely no correlation to me not wearing a bra for the last 2 weeks... 🤫

• Haha

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I think that's the last time I'll to lidl for a while. Shop empty but the line to pay was huge, one particularly annoying woman waited until the person in front left before even unloading on a belt that must have been 3m+ long. Then did it so slowly and went back to wait on the line and the staff had to ask if she wanted to start packing. Then she did that superslowly with all the time in the world. She spent ages asking the staff while paying how much of something she could have. She had 12 boxes of eggs, she needed them all because the other shops were out of them 🤦‍♀️. I know it's minor but so annoying 😬🤪
This always makes me laugh about Lidl and Aldi.

10 cash-desks buried behind mounds of chewing gum and fake Twix bars.

one person behind the till, with a Britney headset on.

a queue of 8 people all with overflowing trolleys, and the ninth person with a pack of fake rich tea biscuits and kitchen roll, not realising he’ll be waiting for 45 minutes, it wasn’t really worth the 90p savings and he should have got the mcvities in Asda 😐
and that was pre corona 😬

• Haha

Alightened

VIP Member
In other news... I've actually cleaned my car today I was so bored. It's all nice and shiny now and I keep admiring it out of the kitchen window. I've sent a photo of it on Instagram to various friends and family😂. They must be bored too, as I've had quite a few compliments on how shiny it looks😂. What the f#ck has my life become...HELP😫

• Haha

50sGirl

VIP Member
Depends which of those two categories you fall into I guess. Selfishly, and as a healthy 40 yr old...it doesn’t feel so awful to me 😐
My husband was once a healthy 40 year old.
He is now a 50 year old with heart disease.
Perhaps you would think differently if it were closer to home. 🥺

• Sad
  • Heart

Kikini Bamalam

VIP Member
I've resisted posting on these threads, because I try not to focus on what is happening. However.... I have become obsessed with reading Mumsnet and all the mental cunts bemoaning their neighbours leaving their houses more than once a day. Or even daring to pop to the shop more than once a day.
I am totally in love with so many curtain twitchers monitoring the people they have never spoken to and deciding that they are clearly well and have no issues, so why are they going out for fish fingers ArE FiSh FINgers EsSenTIaL ShopPING?

• Haha

leoladyxo

VIP Member
You can’t help but see the anger and vitriol that Boris receives online due to his political positions and handling of the virus. Although I am a fan of Boris, I think that he definitely could have acted quicker in some respects. What I don’t understand is how anyone could laugh or be glad that he has Covid-19. I wouldn’t want to wish this disease on anyone. I really hope that he makes it through this and not just on a personal level for his health but because our country needs consistency at the moment so that we don’t all panic again.

• Sad
How absolutely disgusting are those big organisations wanting to furlough their staff?! The likes of premier league football clubs and top shop whos bosses have more than enough money to not only pay their staffs wages bit to pay most other people’s too. I feel sickened that their using a government scheme to keep all their money and still make profit in a time of crisis and uncertainty.

I’m a key worker as I work for the NHS. I get paid £9 and hour to put my life at risk and look after people who are affected by this. I can’t stay at home, I don’t live in a great big house, I’m not sure if I’ll be able to pay my bills/rent and yet these absolute wank stains are being greedy cunts for doing fuck all.

The government will probably give them the money too. They should be donating money to the people who need it and stop being so selfish thinking about themselves. I’m sick of people playing the whole ‘woe is me’ card bitching about being indoors when some of us don’t have a choice.

I feel so done. This world is just full of selfish pricks who have so much money they don’t know what to do with themselves. It would take me years to even come close to earning how much some of these people earn in a week.

• Sad
  • Heart

Squarehole

VIP Member
My neighbour had their daughter and grandson over yesterday! I was stood in my kitchen fuming. I bet my mum would love to see me and my son (as we would her) but we’re making that sacrifice!! Not to mention my neighbour is a key worker so going out to work every day! Why would you risk your daughter or grandson catching something from you??
I'm not sure if this is 'allowed' or not but when I went to Tesco I also got some bits for my mum and dad to save them going out. One of my kids had made pictures for my parents he wanted to give them so I said when I took the shopping to them he could come. We put the shopping and pictures on the doorstep then stood well back in the garden and spoke to them for 10 mins. It was nice to see them in real life and I don't think we broke any rules 😬

• Heart