Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

prinnygrace

VIP Member
It’s hit close to me for the first time yesterday. My best friend is 21 and although hasn’t been tested, we’re 99% sure she has it. She has a pacemaker and her heart now keeps dropping because of it. I FaceTimed her for about 3 minutes earlier and she was struggling to talk due to lack of breath. The cough sounded awful, she was so poorly :(. It really does bring it home when it’s someone you know. I’m begging everyone to stay inside!

• Sad
Reactions: 33

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Could you even imagine being the doctor who’s faced with making that decision, seeing a patient come into hospital and “refusing” to let them breathe properly by ventilating them, making them comfortable but knowing you’re allowing them to die, making the choice to allow them to die on your watch. Yes they might die anyway, but doing nothing to tip the scales in their favour.

When 3 weeks ago it wouldn’t even be a question or a choice.

we can argue it hypothetically but how much would it fuck you up to make that decision, sometimes more than once in a day.

• Sad
Reactions: 32

fireflies

VIP Member
:rolleyes: Sorry but I am not proud of anyone’s “little heroes”

There, I said it!
Lol I have kids too and rolled my eyes at it.
Compared to kids during the war they have it easy staying in house.
Mine have food. Garden sky and internet they will survive.

Meangirl815

VIP Member
It's now hit my family. My poor aunty has been showing symptoms for 2 days. She's only been out once a week for essential shopping 😢😢

• Sad

Asda

We need a stricter lockdown and we need it now. We've had families sat on the greenbelt outside of our house today having picnics and mixing with others. It's been absolutely crazy. They have since been moved on but it's not the point is it? People aren't listening to this soft lockdown

I'm 36 with leukaemia and a bone marrow failure disease. I'm not willing to sign any DNR. I've got a life worth fighting for
Me neither, I'm 49, disabled since birth with a neurological condition. I've worked full time all my life and have paid just as much tax and ni as every other 49 year old working person... Why is my life less important than theirs? I'm going nowhere. 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Good Egg

VIP Member
My cousin is poorly with Covid19 😔
It’s an awful illness - the equivalent to being knocked on the head with a mallet and winded by an elephant sitting on your chest.
I’m so so ANGRY at everybody who thinks it’s OK to carry on as normal. My cousin is fit and physically fit and well. It’s knocked her sideways. She is on day 8 and still no better.

• Sad
  • Wow

cushtybert

VIP Member
Can I just say I bloody love this thread, as with everyone my emotions have been all over the place, some days I’m crying and panicking and some days I’m doing ok. I’ve learnt lots about Banana bread, the rise of Chris Witty fans ( of which I’m one of them ) and some Irish sayings/jokes that I still don’t understand but trying too 😂 I can’t stand Bono ( or Bonio as my dad calls him ) and that’s all I can contribute to the Irish side of this 😂 ☘
stay safe everyone 🥰
Just edited to say my sister is a senior school teacher and is working solid the same as her colleagues. Teachers can’t be praised enough in my opinion

• Heart

LaurieLaurie

VIP Member
I think we need to see Boris be stern. I live next to the Angel of the North and drove past at least 50 people heading to or from that area yesterday. The roads are busy and the queues to the supermarkets are an hour long.

More and more are coming out.

Apparently my uncle has symptoms but the ambulance left him at home. He’s quite poorly. He’s in his 40s.

• Sad
  • Wow

50sGirl

VIP Member
Facebook is full of competitive parents who are flexing their “homeschooling” skills.
“So proud of my two year old son, Plato, who wrote a symphony on his Fisher Price keyboard today”

Give me strength, please.
Someone in my local group wants to do a “Clap for the kids” at 3pm today to show them we appreciate how hard it is for them! :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30

Beckyboo85

Dr Chris Whitty fan here 👋🏻👋🏻. I’ve been talking to my colleague at work today about how concerned I am about him - she was under the impression my worry was due to me having a thing for him 🤪 I obviously put her right and explained I’m interested in his brains and amazing medical knowledge at such an important time! Some people’s minds really are in the gutter!
Anyway, until I see him behind that podium I won’t rest completely 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

Albs

The ambulance was with my nanna for 3hours today waiting for the doctor from the hospital to phone them to say weather she allowed in or not. Her local gp, paramedics & hospital gp all agree that they think She has it. Anyway she has been told to stay at home as they think her going in hospital could make her worst. She is 72 still very active, but this has knocked her off her feet completely since last week & is only getting worse. She can hardly string a sentence together through struggling to breath & is delirious. She lives on her own in a second floor flat, we are all worried sick that she is alone & nobody is able to go in & help her.

• Sad

Yel

Chatty Member
You can’t help but see the anger and vitriol that Boris receives online due to his political positions and handling of the virus. Although I am a fan of Boris, I think that he definitely could have acted quicker in some respects. What I don’t understand is how anyone could laugh or be glad that he has Covid-19. I wouldn’t want to wish this disease on anyone. I really hope that he makes it through this and not just on a personal level for his health but because our country needs consistency at the moment so that we don’t all panic again.
People wishing the worst on him are what online trolls actually are. No one on tattle ever wishes anyone harm even if they don't agree with things they've done. Twitter are quick to delete comments like this, but the BBC breaking news twitter is full of it.

Doctor on sky news is saying it could be secondary pneumonia with a bacterial infection as he's still got a temperature after 7 days.

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
Getting slightly irked by all the “#stayathome” Instagram stories of people basically just having a lovely time chilling in their gardens with a beer. Yes lucky you, you’re being paid to sit at home or do some sort of minimal work. I hate the assumption that we all have this extra time on our hands to make the most of. I’m still in work full time along with all my colleagues, my 61 year old mum is going to her retail job and won’t be furloughed and my partner is self employed and is basically watching his livelihood disintegrate before his eyes. Oh and we’re in a tiny one bed flat with no access to a garden. This isn’t a fucking holiday!

• Sad

mummy2under2

VIP Member
Jesus....if they're clapping for kids I expect a daily round of applause AND a Blue Peter badge for parenting without becoming an alcoholic. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Ugh I’m getting tired of being told to “clap for this clap for that”. Just feels like it’s getting out of hand. Maybe it’s a real life representation of how the nation is collectively losing their minds. By the end of lockdown we’ll be clapping at our front doors because the sun has risen.

Idk about anyone else’s kids but mine barely have a clue. They know what the virus is called and that it can be dangerous hence why we have to stay in. They miss their friends of course, but they’re loving life at the moment with no school, endless Disney+, minimal school work and both of us at home so they can drive us both crackers. Im sure some kids are more anxious than others but come on.

Reactions: 28

muncher

honestly people seem so eager to have it! Seen so many people on facebook say they think they had it (they usually all seem to think they've had it before christmas which is ridiculous, honestly) but so many people seem too eager to self diagnose when their symptoms are not those of coronavirus.

it's not something that you WANT guys. jeez.
Why is it ridiculous? Pretty sure my daughter had it, she was taken to hospital from gp surgery on 23rd Dec, gp thought she needed to be tested for sepsis, in the end they said she had the flu. She had exact symptoms of this virus the cough was horrendous and non stop. We were kept awake for 3 or 4 nights with the coughing and she lost sense of taste. No cold/runny nose. Temperature of 40+. She had no energy at all and looked so ill. No way was it flu.

Last edited:
They are doing bugger all at the moment, they are on an extended holiday right now. Very few kids in school doing childcare only , and around me they are only working 2 days max a week. I just get messages from fellow teacher friends complaining they are bored.

As a country we need to unite together and part of that is getting people back to work. All my leave has been cancelled as has many others not sure why teachers are any different.
I'm a teacher and I'm definitely not doing bugger all. I have been teaching 12 years and have never done so much work evenings and weekends as I have been doing the past 3 weeks. I am also working the Easter Holidays (without being paid extra, which I normally would be paid extra to do Easter revision days before exams). I defo deserve my summer holiday and I definitely won't be working! So many people have such a low opinion of teachers. If people think it's an easy job and you get loads of holidays and don't work hard then why not join us? Always need more teachers!

• Heart