Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've got a friend on Facebook whose pissing me off massively.

She filmed herself in her garden with the clap for carers turning round in a circle and crying saying oh my god, I'm so touched, can't believe this is for little old me and doing hand waves to people you can't see and holding her hand to her chest. She did it Thursday just gone too.

She's using her NHS pass to early shop, daughter still going to school, and she shares videos on how she's a frontline NHS worker and never been more proud.

She's been bleeping furloughed as her job is literally filing old files away for mental health cases and retrieving old files when needed yet she thinks she's frontline saving the bleeping world

I'm going to start yoga and mindfulness this week, I need it before I'm let out back amongst people like this.
that would also make my blood boil. In every situation, however bad, there is ALWAYS someone that will use it for their own personal gain and be a dick. Sadly, I’m sure she’s not the only one.

Reactions: 11
that would also make my blood boil. In every situation, however bad, there is ALWAYS someone that will use it for their own personal gain and be a dick. Sadly, I’m sure she’s not the only one.
I've seen this alot, getting free coffees and pizza Express deliveries to the "hospital" when they are the receptionists for the physio department, completely no relation to any of the coronaviras patients

Reactions: 6
I've seen this alot, getting free coffees and pizza Express deliveries to the "hospital" when they are the receptionists for the physio department, completely no relation to any of the coronaviras patients
That doesn’t upset me so much as they are still working (but I get what you mean) but to not even be working and having been furloughed that is a real piss take

Reactions: 7
I give birth any day now and it's safe to say I'm shitting it! The hospital I'm going to changes its maternity rules every few days, some days your allowed someone with you others your not. I've heard stories where the mother has coughed while in labour so they have taken the baby away until your tested, who knows what's true or not but its making me really nervous! Plus my family wont get to meet the baby, I'll be stuck in without getting much air and walks. My other children I have where the hell do they go while I'm in labour?! It's all so scary x
I really hope everyone is ok x
Do you have a partner who could look after your other children, while you have your baby it's not ideal I know but, nothing is at the minute. I hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Reactions: 5
Situations like this really do show the selfish goons up for what they are.

Reactions: 10
Do you have a partner who could look after your other children, while you have your baby it's not ideal I know but, nothing is at the minute. I hope it all goes smoothly for you.
Yes that is my only option I think 😭 I think I'll definitely be Giving birth alone 😭 x

• Sad
Reactions: 9

Yel

I've got a friend on Facebook whose pissing me off massively.

She filmed herself in her garden with the clap for carers turning round in a circle and crying saying oh my god, I'm so touched, can't believe this is for little old me and doing hand waves to people you can't see and holding her hand to her chest. She did it Thursday just gone too.

She's using her NHS pass to early shop, daughter still going to school, and she shares videos on how she's a frontline NHS worker and never been more proud.

She's been bleeping furloughed as her job is literally filing old files away for mental health cases and retrieving old files when needed yet she thinks she's frontline saving the bleeping world

I'm going to start yoga and mindfulness this week, I need it before I'm let out back amongst people like this.
I know someone like this, all about the clap and making use of NHS perks but they're a locum GP and have not worked for weeks as they don't want to get the virus.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
Don’t worry, you’ve got this! It’s far from ideal, but I’m sure the midwives will take care of you and help you through it x

Oh my god, is this real? 😂
I wouldn't think so 😂 🐰

• Haha
Reactions: 1
To be honest you won’t get any. I tried just before lockdown and it’s out of stock in most places and online it’s not available as it’s nonessential. Homebase was the only one with £6 delivery.

I did order one tin from somewhere else over two weeks ago, no sign of it’s dispatch yet 🙈
I saw some months ago for £5, I wish I'd got it now 🙄 Good luck with that dispatch 😂

Homebase has shut near me, it's never busy anyway... I think paint and DIY and wallpaper should still be available, people are board as duck and need something to do and it could really help peoples mental health if they get stuck into something

If you can get it I'd say go for it, could you order online?😊
I agree re mental health. Our Homebase closed down completely, we only have b&q now. I preferred Homebase 😔 I know a few people who have been doing DIY projects to pass the time. They already had what they needed though. I don't want him to be frowned at for just buying a tub of paint. He is bored, he's used to working 50 odd hours a week and I've run out of things for him to do 🤦‍♀️

To be honest I kind of empathise with this type of covidiocy. Obviously I disagree with breaking the rules but at least people buying home/garden improvement stuff are doing it so they can pass the time at home. Preferable to the covidiots who are heading to the beach/second homes etc
Exactly!! But it's whether the police would see it that way if he was stopped. I'd imagine there's even more of a police presence this weekend.

Tragic... 13 residents of a Glasgow care home have died within the week :(

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
My sons hamster cage has just broken and now I feel super guilty about having to make an amazon order for a hamster cage....hoping my neighbours don’t judge my item as non essential 🙈😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Homebase has shut near me, it's never busy anyway... I think paint and DIY and wallpaper should still be available, people are board as duck and need something to do and it could really help peoples mental health if they get stuck into something

If you can get it I'd say go for it, could you order online?😊
If you order from B & Q you can go and collected it from the store.
You just drive to the allocated click and collect part of the car park, they take your order details and bring it to your car.
Our order was ready to collect the day after ordering.

Reactions: 1
Exactly!! But it's whether the police would see it that way if he was stopped. I'd imagine there's even more of a police presence this weekend.
Yeah I wouldn’t advise it! Just saying I see where people are coming from, wanting to make the most out of being at home by doing some jobs. The people with shed fulls of paint and DIY kit are probably having a great time

Yes that is my only option I think 😭 I think I'll definitely be Giving birth alone 😭 x
Whilst I don’t want to make light of your situation, my husband was at the birth of all 3 of our kids and I can categorically say he was absolutely useless. Comedy gold moments include, but not limited to:

1. Commenting as I’m bent double over the side of the bed (in absolute agony) having an epidural ‘that needle is about 3 times longer than I expected’ (thanks..twit..that helps)

2. Post birth, midwife offers some tea and toast as there was a delay till we could get down to the ward, and he replies “That’d be great thanks....I‘m starved.” Even she laughed.

3. As I’m being stitched up from a 2nd degree tear, midwife apologises for the delay and says “I just want to get it absolutely right, if you know what I mean.” (I presume from this that my bits are like some horrible, complicated, broken puzzle 🤪).Husband says “Thanks....I don’t think we’ll be getting back in the saddle for a while, but good to get it all right eh.” As if she’s sewing my vagina back together for the benefit of his sexual pleasure.

Husbands are lovely, but in my experience fairly rubbish in these scenarios. Wishing you the best for your birth xxxxx

• Haha
Reactions: 30
If you order from B & Q you can go and collected it from the store.
You just drive to the allocated click and collect part of the car park, they take your order details and bring it to your car.
Our order was ready to collect the day after ordering.

I'm pretty sure you cant order paint from B&Q currently, only essentials. My husband works there and people arent impressed. I can see both sides of it, wanting to do DIY and stay busy, but also why should he be put at risk so people can paint? It would be different if you were in a shop for essentials and picked some DIY bits up.

Reactions: 4
Does anyone have a record of mild experiences with COVID?

My husband was ill starting last Thursday - very tired, raised temperature, lost sense of smell and taste. Very unusual for him as he is hardly ever unwell. A week later he is better but occasional headache. We have been self-isolating. Yesterday I started feeling very worn out. Then last night I started running a fever, feeling chills and muscle shakes. Took paracetamol before bed. Woken up this morning with no never and feeling Ok, just worn out. Going to take it easy.

Has anyone seen similar experiences? I’ve had the flu shot so know it can’t be that. Seems so strange that is came on so suddenly and now I’m feeling better than last night.
Not last week but the week before my partner was ill, he had a fever and felt like tit basically, ended up sleeping for about seventeen hours and felt loads better after but still not 100%. He now just has the occasional cough. I’ve since had a sore throat and a slightly sniffly nose that’s just kinda there. Not been anywhere in 2 weeks to pick it up, partner had been at work and came down with this just after being furloughed, so who knows what it was. Could just be a normal cold, or it could be a very mild case of covid.

It’s one of the reasons I’ve been kinda scared to leave the house in case I’m a carrier and spread it round.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.