Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

The car stats show that more people are driving now after a week of lockdown.

Like what appears to be happening in Italy, I worry that the good sprit will run out in the opening scenes of COVID-19 and we've still got along way to go.

Reactions: 2
Small village here and lots out! Was putting my son to bed so we had to do a bit of a half arsed wave at everyone but I think really it’s not all about the NHS. I think people who do it, are doing it for the morale amongst themselves. My elderly neighbour was out at the front of her gate waving around and clapping and she was so happy. I felt like it was more of a community morale boost than the actual message, if that makes sense?

Reactions: 29
Much more clapping here this week too, plus shouting, car horns and pots and pans.
I don’t really get the cynicism about it, it cheered me up to see everyone out together for the same thing (who I never normally talk to). And it makes (some of) the NHS workers feel good so win win for me.

Reactions: 12
I saw a viral article in my facebook feed about how wet markets are open again in China. Have they no fecking shame or sense of responsibility? Isn't this how we got into this tragic mess?! Fecks sake.

Hope this source is not true.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6

Yel

I think people who do it, are doing it for the morale amongst themselves. My elderly neighbour was out at the front of her gate waving around and clapping and she was so happy. I felt like it was more of a community morale boost than the actual message, if that makes sense?
Oh definitely, I think people are mostly doing it for themselves, if it boosts moral and makes people feel good you can't really knock it. It's a long road ahead.

Reactions: 8
I went out for a walk with my kids and husband this evening (first time we have been out for weeks) and I couldn't believe how busy our local park was, there was groups of parents with little kids running about together and lots of groups of older teens sat about together 🤯 we decided not to go there and ti walk to some park gardens a bit further away and no one was social distancing on the pavements either, cant understand why no one is listening round here... definitely wont be going out again for a while

• Sad
Reactions: 7
It’s still pretty quiet in my neck of the woods. My bf dropped some food shopping at my door earlier and said it was eerie quiet in the usually manic Asda he went to. Hopefully The majority are complying still given the rate of deaths we’ve seen the past couple of days or it’s just inevitable harder measures will be brought in.

the clapping is nice, I didn't like it at first but it's nice to hear.
It's just hypocritical coming from people on FB posting how much they appreciate the NHS staff, when just 2 months ago they were complaining about A&E because they wouldn't do anything for their broken toe or sore back.

It's just rich coming from some people.

Reactions: 11
everyone seemed to have upped their clapping game round here, we had banging pots and pans tonight!

I spoke to a practice nurse friend today. She said it’s changing every day who they can see in surgery. She also said they’re thinking 6 weeks from now for the peak to hit. Which sounds about right to me.
6 weeks 😪 my friend at the hospital thinks it will peak next weekend

• Sad
I saw a viral article in my facebook feed about how wet markets are open again in China. Have they no fecking shame or sense of responsibility? Isn't this how we got into this tragic mess?! Fecks sake.

Hope this source is not true.

It is part of their culture...they won't stop unless lawfully told to and the CPC (Chinese govt) won't do that. I think it is despicable but not much we can do :(

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
I've felt today especially outside seems a lot more busier , more car and more people going about... people got fed up of lockdown now ?

Reactions: 7
My husband has just finished a bathroom he started it was nightmare as most of the merchants are shut. Hes had to delay the rest of his customers.

On another note my best friend has just told me her brother has been released from prison to free up space due to corona. hes very dangerous and now im worried about all these prisoners they are letting out early.
I thought they only let Prisoners out that only had 3 months left anyway!? (And pregnant female prisoners) ..
I hope they don't let the dangerous ones out.

As we have our unit closed we have been sent to other wards, I thought I was going to a cardiology ward but it’s been unfuntioned into a covid19 ward 😭 I’m so so scared 😭😭😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I think it's a case of ALL or nothing. I haven't clapped either night - I would've clapped out of my window both times but my son both times was begging to be nursed to sleep, so I wasn't able to. Had his bedroom window open so I could hear but just heard a few claps for about a minute before everyone obviously went inside.

Just a few claps for a minute or so is sad. People will get bored of it. I say do it again in a few weeks when we're at the peak and more people have realised how huge this is, I'm sure people will have more appreciative noise to make then.
I’ve been the same been feeding or expressing so not been able to go outside. But we’re following the rules so that’s us doing our bit for the nhs. It’s one thing clapping and then going to the shop everyday for your paper!

Reactions: 4
Holy tit. I mean, I am not surprised given he has allowed and encouraged the public to kill drug addicts. And also saying of a rape victim (Jacqueline Hamill) that he should have got to rape her first. He is despicable. I think people who break the quarantine laws should face consequences but being killed is not it.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Does anyone know where I could source some of the plastic face shield things from? As you know my mum works in ITU and has just casually said 'I need one of those as I can't wear the protective goggles over my glasses'. The hospital have NONE. The thought of her not having proper PPE is making this so much worse!!
We have Arco in Hull who supply ppe. I know a while ago they were restricting sales so vital workers could get what they need. They are online so maybe look on there. They are a reputable company. Otherwise ive heard some Unis are trying to 3d print them.

Reactions: 1
I've felt today especially outside seems a lot more busier , more car and more people going about... people got fed up of lockdown now ?
it does feel like people are getting tired of it especially as a lot of people are confused about the 3 week thing, so it almost feels like they think it’s 1 week left of lockdown. I hope they announce tighter restrictions soon if people are going out more. Next week the weather will be nicer too

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.