Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #116

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wonder how many will continue to pay
View attachment 1150323
I can’t afford to pay! If I have to test I expect the tests to be provided!

My sisters trust got a staff bulletin today and it was about how it’s going to be learning to live with covid , she said for all AGPs it’s wearing surgical masks and no longer ffp3 and staff are no longer required to do weekly testing unless you work in community they still have to test as care homes are requiring it
I’m community and do visit care homes. All we’ve been told by our trust is to order some from the government website while we can… I’ve tried and every time I’ve tried there joke available!

Reactions: 3
I can’t afford to pay! If I have to test I expect the tests to be provided!

I’m community and do visit care homes. All we’ve been told by our trust is to order some from the government website while we can… I’ve tried and every time I’ve tried there joke available!
But you know the public will see it as a duty of care for health pros to test ,after all we all did our duty to protect the NHS now it's their turn to protect us.

But you know the public will see it as a duty of care for health pros to test ,after all we all did our duty to protect the NHS now it's their turn to protect us.
I’m still masking up whenever I go into shops/cafes to protect my patients. I’ve had my vaccines to protect my patients not because I wanted to. I will continue to test if they provide it. I’m not a trained healthcare worker so not on much more than minimum wages! It’s already a struggle to get through a month without £50 extra for tests :-(

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m still masking up whenever I go into shops/cafes to protect my patients. I’ve had my vaccines to protect my patients not because I wanted to. I will continue to test if they provide it. I’m not a trained healthcare worker so not on much more than minimum wages! It’s already a struggle to get through a month without £50 extra for tests :-(
Just wait for the backlash ! the blamegame will now centre on the health pros that refuse to buy tests .

Reactions: 1
First i have heard of it! Nothing from our trust in having to pay, i no longer test unless i feel "off" and i cant afford that out of my wages on too of everything!
Yeah it's happening NHS may have to pay like the rest of us heard my GP talking about it on the radio yesterday

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Dropped in to post this, according to Bored Panda, seen at Crystal Palace.

623c68c7d2289_KJaM7RD__700.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I’m on what I think is day 5 from when symptoms started, possibly day 6 because I’m not actually sure when I lost my sense of smell. Smell has come back a little, it’s patchy I can smell some things but not others and what I can smell is def not as strong as it should be.

My test is very faint today so hoping for a negative soon
I realised I lost my sense of smell , when I was disappointed when my fresh washing didn’t smell nice and my bubble bath smelt of nothing . I didn’t realise what a joy smelling. Is when I got better the first thing I smelt when I opened the fridge was a beautiful cut melon 🍈 😊💚

2 diff brands of test…taken 5 minutes apart
Gosh incredible , and guess who we are buying all these tests from

I finally caught covid, and feel horrendous. Cough, aching bones, headache, alternatively freezing then feverish. My breathing is intermittently difficult, especially at night. The worst, though, is the sharp shooting pains in my legs and feet. Sore enough to make me cry out.
Think Tuesday was Day 1 as had mild symptoms then, tested positive Wednesday morning, so hoping to be feeling better by beginning of next week. 🤞 Obviously not able to go to work.
Those who said they had no symptoms or it was just like a common cold, you were SO lucky!
Can I ask you if or what vaccine you had coz I felt the same as you I had ‘Az, Az, Moderna ,’ Thanks

• Sad
Reactions: 2
They also say in the article that we locked down too late. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
You say hindsight but I stopped giving my Dad a hug and kiss goodbye at the start of March 2020, some 3 weeks before the first lockdown. I can recall saying to him “Dad, this virus looks serious so I won’t kiss you goodbye for a bit because I don’t want to risk you getting it.” I wish I knew then that I’d never kiss or hug him again.
If unqualified, little old me could see what was coming, how did the experts fail to see it? They saw it too but money was more important to them.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
You say hindsight but I stopped giving my Dad a hug and kiss goodbye at the start of March 2020, some 3 weeks before the first lockdown. I can recall saying to him “Dad, this virus looks serious so I won’t kiss you goodbye for a bit because I don’t want to risk you getting it.” I wish I knew then that I’d never kiss or hug him again.
If unqualified, little old me could see what was coming, how did the experts fail to see it? They saw it too but money was more important to them.
Would you do the same if you had your time over x

I'm so sorry about your dad. Its such a divisive subject, some would not have locked down at all, others sooner.

Would you do the same if you had your time over x
It’s a difficult one and it’s a question I’ve asked myself so many times too.

I didn’t hug or kiss him for the last 10 months of his life and I do still struggle with that big time.
But I also know that had I kissed him and he then got Covid I would always wonder if I’d have given it to him and I don’t think I could have lived with the guilt. It would have finished me.

I still live with the guilt that I didn’t hug him or kiss him or be with him at the end but he knew I adored him so I have to remember the years prior not the last 10 months.

Part of me thinks if I’d have known then I’d have carried on as normal but then another part of me thinks if we hadn’t been so careful we’d have lost him sooner.

My biggest sadness is that he didn’t have the death and the dignity after death that he deserved, none of them did.

So in answer to your question, in all honesty I really don’t know.
All I can say is that the guilt I carry with me is the easier of the two to live with.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It’s a difficult one and it’s a question I’ve asked myself so many times too.

I didn’t hug or kiss him for the last 10 months of his life and I do still struggle with that big time.
But I also know that had I kissed him and he then got Covid I would always wonder if I’d have given it to him and I don’t think I could have lived with the guilt. It would have finished me.

I still live with the guilt that I didn’t hug him or kiss him or be with him at the end but he knew I adored him so I have to remember the years prior not the last 10 months.

Part of me thinks if I’d have known then I’d have carried on as normal but then another part of me thinks if we hadn’t been so careful we’d have lost him sooner.

My biggest sadness is that he didn’t have the death and the dignity after death that he deserved, none of them did.

So in answer to your question, in all honesty I really don’t know.
All I can say is that the guilt I carry with me is the easier of the two to live with.
It’s such a difficult one with so many mixed emotions x I feel the pandemic has hindered the grieving process to an extent ,for those that never got to see their relatives because they were in a care setting it’s like a piece of you thinks they’re still here, I feel bitter that my kids never saw them alive again and that time was wasted ..it’s horrific the whole thing and so many families going through it ,these past two years are a blur 🙁

Reactions: 4
I can't see many people wanting to pay for tests when cost of living is also skyrocketing. I also can't see businesses buying stock for staff either 😬 I've just been budgeting for when I get paid on 31st and there's not much money left after outgoings and food, I definitely couldn't afford 50 quid for tests a month, that's for sure.

Reactions: 5
Husband tested positive 7 days ago and still testing positive today. I tested positive yesterday.

Both of us have just extremely tired with cough. I have a throat that feels on fire and aching bones.

Managed to avoid it for 2 years. Always felt like it was inevitable that I'd get it eventually.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.