Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #116

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Felt awful Tuesday, did test Wednesday and it was positive. I am triple jabbed, but it really knocked me off my feet. I still have it and cannot shake it. My ears ringing, terrible sore throat with pain and fatigue. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Day 7 since positive test here and boy do I feel rubbish. Think the biggest shock is that I assumed it would be “a mild illness” as has been stated. Certainly not in our household we’ve all been floored by it. We’re all double jabbed and boosted and usually healthy. I would certainly be concerned about vulnerable people catching this sod of a virus.
My hubby and I caught it off of our grandson a month ago, (grandson was fine after 2 days) but hubby had it worse than me and I'm clinically vulnerable, I have asthma and on immune suppressant injections for psoriatic arthritis, however I was in bed for two weeks as my breathing has been really bad was very close to calling an ambulance one night! Dr put me on antibiotics for a chest infection and lent me an oxymetre to keep an eye on oxygen levels which thankfully were OK, she even called me the next day to see how I was and do another reading resting and walking around, I am thankful i have such a good Dr.
Hubby was positive for 6 days and was quite Ill however I tested positive for eleven days and only had a really bad sore throat and temperature for one day, it is the after effects of this virus that for me has been very hard, I'm still not back to my normal breathing and have had to increase asthma pumps, am still weak and shaky and spend a lot of time in bed! I am improving but it is slow! Please don't underestimate covid it isn't a cold! I know now i am going to have to be very careful in future! Its up to us as individuals to look after ourselves and do what's best for us personally.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
It’s a terrible thing. All the fault of the Chinese messing around with bio hazards.

A mistake or on purpose it was spread? We will never know as they lie

Reactions: 4
My hubby and I caught it off of our grandson a month ago, (grandson was fine after 2 days) but hubby had it worse than me and I'm clinically vulnerable, I have asthma and on immune suppressant injections for psoriatic arthritis, however I was in bed for two weeks as my breathing has been really bad was very close to calling an ambulance one night! Dr put me on antibiotics for a chest infection and lent me an oxymetre to keep an eye on oxygen levels which thankfully were OK, she even called me the next day to see how I was and do another reading resting and walking around, I am thankful i have such a good Dr.
Hubby was positive for 6 days and was quite Ill however I tested positive for eleven days and only had a really bad sore throat and temperature for one day, it is the after effects of this virus that for me has been very hard, I'm still not back to my normal breathing and have had to increase asthma pumps, am still weak and shaky and spend a lot of time in bed! I am improving but it is slow! Please don't underestimate covid it isn't a cold! I know now i am going to have to be very careful in future! Its up to us as individuals to look after ourselves and do what's best for us personally.
Wishing you and all the other Tattlers a full recovery. 🥰
That’s why it pisses me off when people say it’s nothing more than a cold. For them perhaps it was but don’t disregard how it could and does affect others. It’s a very selfish attitude to have. ”I’m all right Jack.”

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I been getting constant head cold type colds, it's annoying. Not sure if it's something in the air, whether it be my immune system or whatever. I do suffer with anxiety disorder though, so could be I'm more stressed than usual lately.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5

He's not wrong. We won't accept mandatory restrictions ever again. Advice is one thing but that's it. I've been around someone this week at work who's knowingly got covid for the first time. Can't say it bothered me. It would bothered me more if they had been forced to stay at home and not get paid when we have a cost of living crisis.

Reactions: 6
I'm hearing a lot of people recently getting chest infections and being turned away by the doctor because "it's covid" even with neg tests. All the people I spoke to ended up in hospital which could have been avoided if the doctor had just seen them and given them antibiotics.

It's timed we lost the special status for covid and treated it the same as all over viral infections.

Reactions: 8
I been getting constant head cold type colds, it's annoying. Not sure if it's something in the air, whether it be my immune system or whatever. I do suffer with anxiety disorder though, so could be I'm more stressed than usual lately.
Me too, I’m getting cold symptoms every two weeks at the minute!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m pregnant and so anxious now about covid.. I guess at least my pregnancy will be in summer for the most part. But everyone around me is constantly run down and with no one testing I could be sitting in an office with covid positive people.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
It's weird. I am almost the same. I feel like I am getting cold symptoms every few weeks. Maybe the weather too. With it being warmer now, hopefully we feel better.
I think out of all this colds I’ve had since before Xmas that one of them must have been omicron lol. But I’ve had negative lateral flows the whole time!

• Wow
I never really get colds, haven’t had one for 2 years but since January my boyfriend and I have just swapped colds between us.. think this is my third one this year.

I tested positive on Thursday and feel utter rubbish as well. Spending most of the time in bed sleeping. I have achy legs and back and a sore head and throat. Just started coughing as well

Hope all of us that has it at the moment starts to feel better soon
I am 2 weeks in an I still have the most awful cough....it is worse on a night and at times is making me struggle for breath 😬 I am also coughing up the most vile stuff from my lungs.....I won't go into too much detail but whatever it is is like glue 🤢 hope you feel better soon 😘 xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I am 2 weeks in an I still have the most awful cough....it is worse on a night and at times is making me struggle for breath 😬 I am also coughing up the most vile stuff from my lungs.....I won't go into too much detail but whatever it is is like glue 🤢 hope you feel better soon 😘 xx
I’m just over two weeks since testing positive and the cough is actually so annoying. I didn’t even have one when I was in isolation, just started coughing on day 11. I’ve also developed an eye twitch!! Had really sore eyes around day 5-8 but they’ve been ok since until this twitch started the other day. Apparently it can be due to neurological issues so just hoping it stops or I’ll need to go see someone about it I think 😞

Sending love to everyone on here either with covid or recovering just now 💕

• Heart
I think they only count the published cases on the gov site as official ZOE cases don’t count.

I wonder has covid had a bigger effect on the Queen than they’re letting on she looks awfully frail and has lost so much weight ,her mobility seems to have gotten a lot worse too
9C30BE55-FDC9-4E3D-8590-9259324BCE07.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.