Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #116

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I stupidly thought it was going away. 7 year old was extremely poorly and showing negative tests, we were sent to a and e and told to watch for sepsis and meningitis as his temp was 42 and he had a migraine for 2 days with no let up he couldn’t open his eyes or lift head. He then tested positive on the 4th day of being poorly when he was getting better. The hospital never once mentioned covid like it was never even a thing. Or that the tests could be wrong. Me and his dad now have it and I’ve never felt so ill in my life. High fever, chills, shortness of breath, he ache from hell, body feels like I’ve been beaten up. Can’t stand for long. I feel so stupid I stopped being so cautious.
Sorry to hear you've all been unwell. I hope you're all feeling better very soon.

Reactions: 2
I stupidly thought it was going away. 7 year old was extremely poorly and showing negative tests, we were sent to a and e and told to watch for sepsis and meningitis as his temp was 42 and he had a migraine for 2 days with no let up he couldn’t open his eyes or lift head. He then tested positive on the 4th day of being poorly when he was getting better. The hospital never once mentioned covid like it was never even a thing. Or that the tests could be wrong. Me and his dad now have it and I’ve never felt so ill in my life. High fever, chills, shortness of breath, he ache from hell, body feels like I’ve been beaten up. Can’t stand for long. I feel so stupid I stopped being so cautious.
Im so sorry you're all ill. Hope the little one is on the mend. Please don't blame yourself, id imagine a lot of people are thinking of it less, lots of us vaccinated and back in work.

Reactions: 4
Don’t blame yourself, it is not your fault. I wish you all a very speedy recovery, take it easy and one day at a time. Take care.

Reactions: 1
I am flying from Birmingham to Glasgow soon does anyone know if I need a official covid test and do I have to show my covid jab or does it not matter within the uk

I am flying from Birmingham to Glasgow soon does anyone know if I need a official covid test and do I have to show my covid jab or does it not matter within the uk
Internal travel will not have any tests or vaccine requirements. I expect you still need to wear a mask on the plane however I last flew in November so the rules may have changed - your airline can advise you of this

• Heart
Reactions: 3
This isn't directed at anyone here, more a general comment, but across social media I've been seeing more comments from people criticising those who choose to still wear masks.

It just strikes me as odd that some people who wanted to exercise their choice not to wear a mask during the pandemic are now being critical of those exercising their choice to wear one.

So was it originally about being pro-choice, or more about only being pro-choice if people are choosing the same option as them? 🤔

Reactions: 15
Internal travel will not have any tests or vaccine requirements. I expect you still need to wear a mask on the plane however I last flew in November so the rules may have changed - your airline can advise you of this
Not sure about now but my son flew in January from NI to England and was asked for proof of test

This isn't directed at anyone here, more a general comment, but across social media I've been seeing more comments from people criticising those who choose to still wear masks.

It just strikes me as odd that some people who wanted to exercise their choice not to wear a mask during the pandemic are now being critical of those exercising their choice to wear one.

So was it originally about being pro-choice, or more about only being pro-choice if people are choosing the same option as them? 🤔
There's always been criticism of one side or another over a range of things not only masks .

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Not sure about now but my son flew in January from NI to England and was asked for proof of test
Oh I'm really surprised at that! I thought the recommendation had always been they advise you take a LF test but its not mandated. Did he need a private test then to go to England?

Reactions: 1

People who think the pandemic was made up tend to be quite controlling people ime.

Reactions: 5
Oh I'm really surprised at that! I thought the recommendation had always been they advise you take a LF test but its not mandated. Did he need a private test then to go to England?
No just proof of a neg result , same coming back was asked for proof .

Last edited:
What were they using QR codes for in Australia - like 'checking in' at venues?

I have to say any time I was asked to do this here (the UK) - I literally scanned and filled out nothing. No one checked.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
What were they using QR codes for in Australia - like 'checking in' at venues?

I have to say any time I was asked to do this here - I literally scanned and filled out nothing. No one checked.
Yes.
I never used them

Reactions: 3
Hi everyone
I tested positive on Saturday evening after a negative test that morning, I feel relatively okay (just like I have a mild cold, I've got a stuffy nose and a bit of a headache from my sinuses being so blocked). However, my sense of smell keeps coming and going. I suspect this is more to do with how blocked my sinuses are (I have a sinus problem, so any time I get a cold/hay fever/the mildest of sniffles, my sinuses flare up and get very painful, gunky and just all around gross). Given it's more likely to be that, than full on Covid loss of smell/taste (when I blow my nose, I can smell things, which is very bizarre!) are there any remedies other than the bog standard cold and flu tablets, VapoRub and waiting for it to go away that I can use? I'm feeling fine besides this and it's really driving me insane 😂😂

Hi everyone
I tested positive on Saturday evening after a negative test that morning, I feel relatively okay (just like I have a mild cold, I've got a stuffy nose and a bit of a headache from my sinuses being so blocked). However, my sense of smell keeps coming and going. I suspect this is more to do with how blocked my sinuses are (I have a sinus problem, so any time I get a cold/hay fever/the mildest of sniffles, my sinuses flare up and get very painful, gunky and just all around gross). Given it's more likely to be that, than full on Covid loss of smell/taste (when I blow my nose, I can smell things, which is very bizarre!) are there any remedies other than the bog standard cold and flu tablets, VapoRub and waiting for it to go away that I can use? I'm feeling fine besides this and it's really driving me insane 😂😂
Have you tried the calpol plug in things you can get for children? That’s what I used when my daughter had covid and it seemed to help.

iOS 15.4 was released today and one of the features is that you can use Face ID while wearing a mask if you've got an iPhone 12 or later.

It's a bit late. :D

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Testing positive in our group after 8 weeks again I’ve avoided it and the husband but I have every symptom I had nearly in January. I genuinely think I had Delta as I was absolutely floored with the chest and everything else when I got it. . Did not get the sore throat fatigue etc like I was told to look out for. Now I have the sore throat and fatigue and dry cough but testing negative since I was exposed by my brother in law again since Wednesday. I do 2 tests a day and not one positive but the bil is still getting a feint line. So I’m just isolating. We were only around him for minutes but I deffo have an upper respiratory infection right now so be careful cos immunity is a myth I genuinely think at this stage.
This is me. I was around family who were pos last week. I feel exactly how I fit when I had covid in Jan. Fatigued snotty headache. Really shocked I'm testing neg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.