Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #116

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have been pondering the reason behind all the Covid restrictions now lifting. Just seems such a quick turn around. Not saying I agree or disagree, I honestly have no idea what is for the best.
However, I do not think it is a coincidence that they have been lifted the same time all this is going on between Russia and Ukraine! Covid has crippled the economy, if and big if, the UK have to actually go to war Boris and our current government know that funding it would cripple us further. They need the country running again and at full capacity, they can’t have folk isolating on contact and business’s loosing money, they can’t afford to fund free testing etc. IMO this is the reason, most people have said it is a political decision I originally thought for popularity purposes and a deflection from party gate. I’m now thinking it is so much more. I sound like such a theorist but to me it makes sense!!
A few people on Facebook have said a similar thing. Although the popular opinion seems to be that Boris would be unable to cope with dealing with both covid and Russia at the same time.

Reactions: 3
A few people on Facebook have said a similar thing. Although the popular opinion seems to be that Boris would be unable to cope with dealing with both covid and Russia at the same time.
I don’t have Facebook or anything like so not seen any one else’s opinion. But certainly seems logical, not surprised others are coming to the same conclusion.

Reactions: 2
Hope us up in Scotland end the self isolating soon enough also☺ Glad masks are getting chucked soon as well, I’ve personally not been wearing one for a while now. Honestly just hoping now the rest of Europe gets rid of the vaccine passports to enter their countries, I really want a holiday for next year!

Reactions: 4
Anyone currently have covid and confused by what to do for the best?
I tested positive on Saturday, can legally carry on as normal and even go to work, but it just doesn’t sit right with me!

Reactions: 1
I tested positive on Saturday, can legally carry on as normal and even go to work, but it just doesn’t sit right with me!
Hope you’re feeling okay. I personally would not go out and about if positive, I would isolate just because I think that’s the sensible thing to do.

Reactions: 7
my daughter is positive and we have chosen for her to self isolate. I’m doing a lateral flow every day so if I need to go out I can

Reactions: 1
Email from kids school saying that although legal requirements to isolate have ended, they're still requiring any positive cases to stay at home until a negative test after days 5 and 6 or the full 10 days if no negative test. I'm not even testing my kids anymore. If they're sick then they stay at home just like they would if it was a sickness bug. If they're ok then they can go to school. They've already missed too much

• Heart
Reactions: 13
If anyone is interested in the adventures of Mr Cock 😬
same podcast that did molly mae damage 🤣

Watched it for less than a minute and couldn't bear to see his lying, insincere face.

Isn't it weird how since restrictions dropped that its like covid doesn't exist anymore. The only time I'm seeing covid mentions are in hospitals.

Reactions: 7
Watched it for less than a minute and couldn't bear to see his lying, insincere face.

Isn't it weird how since restrictions dropped that its like covid doesn't exist anymore. The only time I'm seeing covid mentions are in hospitals.
Are they even doing the daily case numbers anymore ?

Edit to say they are! Must be a backlog
B44D9593-7C00-48CB-9E1D-0522F5E57A58.jpeg

Same during covid if you suffered or showed concern for anyone other than covid patients,
And what’s happening them now covid is a flu, they’re on their way to funeral homes in boxes or as the child/parent/friends of a forgotten cancer patient.
Or on a 18 month waiting list for treatment
Covid isn't flu. Over 190,000 people have died from it in this country alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Regardless of whether people die, or how unwell they , covid and flu are different illnesses caused by different viruses even though they often have the same symptoms

Sorry , I thought I was on a different thread .

Reactions: 6
Regardless of whether people die, or how unwell they , covid and flu are different illnesses caused by different viruses even though they often have the same symptoms

Sorry , I thought I was on a different thread .
So did I - until I came across that gem of a claim.
I worry that a new variant may arise among exhausted Ukranians or Russian soldiers whose immune systems are shot.

So did I - until I came across that gem of a claim.
I worry that a new variant may arise among exhausted Ukranians or Russian soldiers whose immune systems are shot.
There are still people saying that Covid is a cold. 🙄 most of them started out terrified of it. I think it’s a defence mechanism.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
totally different thread but covid is now being treated as a type of flu,
190’000 people died with covid, not because of covid, a huge majority being the vulnerable elderly when it was allowed to spread like wildfire within nursing home settings,
I’m not saying it wasn’t serious far from it, but the negative effects of lockdowns and other measures that were introduced outweigh the positives. That is just my opinion I understand that.

apologies because it’s the wrong thread, but I just wanted to answer this…
And also hope that the focus on this war doesn’t distract from the many issues we all face at home today.

also for the lols my conspiracy theory is that
China and Russia are working together,
China make the bat and basil soup in a lab and get covid soup with whole grain pandemic bread,
Makes the world vulnerable but leaking the soup, which btw is far too salty.
Russia get ready to attack, and try to infiltrate the USA through trumpet and Biden,
Everyone gets distracted by the covid, then just as we’re getting out of it…
BAM, Russia and China go in, with a small break for the Olympics 😐
The west are expected to react with fear, like Ukraine is, but instead they go “Na, not cool dude, we haven’t all got on in a while but we’re gonna agree on this and fight your ass back, and no we don’t bleeping want any rat and raisin scones or nuclear nut roast!!!! Fooled us once and all that”
But China and Russia are not now enemies, China is being careful about publicly supporting him yet especially when he’s losing……
I could just have too much time on my hands. 😐
[/oISPOILER]

Reactions: 8
totally different thread but covid is now being treated as a type of flu,
190’000 people died with covid, not because of covid, a huge majority being the vulnerable elderly when it was allowed to spread like wildfire within nursing home settings,

I’m not saying it wasn’t serious far from it, but the negative effects of lockdowns and other measures that were introduced outweigh the positives. That is just my opinion I understand that.

apologies because it’s the wrong thread, but I just wanted to answer this…
And also hope that the focus on this war doesn’t distract from the many issues we all face at home today.

also for the lols my conspiracy theory is that
China and Russia are working together,
China make the bat and basil soup in a lab and get covid soup with whole grain pandemic bread,
Makes the world vulnerable but leaking the soup, which btw is far too salty.
Russia get ready to attack, and try to infiltrate the USA through trumpet and Biden,
Everyone gets distracted by the covid, then just as we’re getting out of it…
BAM, Russia and China go in, with a small break for the Olympics 😐
The west are expected to react with fear, like Ukraine is, but instead they go “Na, not cool dude, we haven’t all go on in a while but we’re gonna agree on this and fight your ass back, and no we don’t bleeping want any rat and raisin scones or nuclear nut roast!!!! Fooled us once and all that”
It’s not as black and white as this. Yes many were vulnerable and/or had underlying health conditions but that’s not to say they were at death’s door before Covid-19. An underlying health condition does not mean it is always severe.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.