Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #116

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Self-isolation ends, LFTs no longer easily available…so the pandemic is “over”. And that’s it?

The healthcare workers who worked through the first lockdown are being completely forgotten. The ones who worked through this awful unknown disease with young people dropping dead out of nowhere. Some of us still have nightmares. We need some genuine support, it’s not just over for us.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Self-isolation ends, LFTs no longer easily available…so the pandemic is “over”. And that’s it?

The healthcare workers who worked through the first lockdown are being completely forgotten. The ones who worked through this awful unknown disease with young people dropping dead out of nowhere. Some of us still have nightmares. We need some genuine support, it’s not just over for us.
Really? Do you live in Wuhan?

I'm not sure why you feel forgotten.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7

I’m a healthcare worker and I worked through the first lockdown heavily pregnant with no PPE. Me and all of my colleagues are over the moon it is over, there are far worse problems we are dealing with now, it’s time to move on.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

I’m sorry but no young people dropped dead out of nowhere. Some young people did get it and pass but people were not dying like flies in the street.

No one has forgotten the health workers, but this pandemic has destroyed the world, we are now entering a very dark time and people are just glad there is an end before it looks like we enter extreme poverty and world war 3!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I’m a healthcare worker and I worked through the first lockdown heavily pregnant with no PPE. Me and all of my colleagues are over the moon it is over, there are far worse problems we are dealing with now, it’s time to move on.
True, there definitely are but it was really difficult to handle as juniors. Especially in the hospital I was in, there was little support at the time in terms of pastoral and senior support but it’s been brushed aside as they’ve all rotated on now.

I’m sorry but no young people dropped dead out of nowhere. Some young people did get it and pass but people were not dying like flies in the street.

No one has forgotten the health workers, but this pandemic has destroyed the world, we are now entering a very dark time and people are just glad there is an end before it looks like we enter extreme poverty and world war 3!
By young I was referring to mid 50s and up. Appreciate that it was the wrong word to use to lay people.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
True, there definitely are but it was really difficult to handle as juniors. Especially in the hospital I was in, there was little support at the time in terms of pastoral and senior support but it’s been brushed aside as they’ve all rotated on now.

By young I was referring to mid 50s and up. Appreciate that it was the wrong word to use to lay people.
How patronising

• Haha
Reactions: 9
How have healthcare workers been forgotten about? In what context? As there has been nothing but praise and support from most of the general public. I'd say other key workers who also keep the county running have been forgotten about far more.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Dubai and Mexico let in anyone, you need a PCR test for Dubai and nothing for Mexico
If you Google there's a few more but they were the main holiday destinations that stuck in my mind :)
Ok that's good to know. I am vaccinated myself, but I have a couple friends who aren't and were looking at going away for a month or more, but didn't know where would be ideal while being unvaccinated. I think personally, the being double vaxxed as a entry requirement needs to be scrapped. If you test negative before the flight then let people go where they like. That's just me though.

Reactions: 4
Ok that's good to know. I am vaccinated myself, but I have a couple friends who aren't and were looking at going away for a month or more, but didn't know where would be ideal while being unvaccinated. I think personally, the being double vaxxed as a entry requirement needs to be scrapped. If you test negative before the flight then let people go where they like. That's just me though.
The childish tittering in my head at seeing the entry requirement is 'double' got worse when I realised (long after everyone else on the planet already spotted this one) I was about to ask if a Booster Jab would also be required...

Pandemics should be banned. They are clearly just a government endorsed opportunity to post coded filth.

What a bunch of scumbags. selfishly hoarding LFTs that our taxes are going to be paying for for years.

Reactions: 4
What a bunch of scumbags. selfishly hoarding LFTs that our taxes are going to be paying for for years.

After the first lockdown and the people who horded toilet paper, pasta etc I am not one bit surprised. They should go back and track them and anyone who has ordered too many should be billed or told return them

Reactions: 11
Do we think European countries will ditch the need for vaccines to travel at some point soon? My son goes to Spain in May for a formula 1 event, he didn’t realise he would need the booster until yesterday and has booked him in to get it tomorrow. I expressed my concerns but he’s still going ahead with it, his choice I know. I suggested he waits a month or so to see if Spain ditch the restrictions but he’s not willing to wait despite not traveling until May. I wish they would stop the vaccine restrictions for travel, how can Boris say it’s over and back to normal but other countries still insist on vaccines. It’s all so confusing.

Reactions: 3
Good news for Scotland, ROI will also end their restrictions on Monday

Reactions: 5
No more easy £10 an hour for my brother then. (He finished uni and started working at our local testing site beginning of Sep 2020) Hes ready for a new challenge now though, even though it was easy money!
Quoting myself here and unrelated to covid but just wanted to share...my brother (studied law at uni) had an interview at a property lawyers today and he got the job an hour after his interview! So proud of him 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Is this thread being closed down now rona is over 😂 We can all move over to WWIII 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Do we think European countries will ditch the need for vaccines to travel at some point soon? My son goes to Spain in May for a formula 1 event, he didn’t realise he would need the booster until yesterday and has booked him in to get it tomorrow. I expressed my concerns but he’s still going ahead with it, his choice I know. I suggested he waits a month or so to see if Spain ditch the restrictions but he’s not willing to wait despite not traveling until May. I wish they would stop the vaccine restrictions for travel, how can Boris say it’s over and back to normal but other countries still insist on vaccines. It’s all so confusing.
Israel announced it's open for vaccinated and unvaccinated tourists. Honestly think Spain will drop at some point. Their economy needs money at the end of the day.

Is this thread being closed down now rona is over 😂 We can all move over to WWIII 😩
See you on the weaponized smallpox / Ebola/ Zika/ Bird flu thread. 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.