Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would suggest do not leave it till last day to pick up your prescribed medication. Had a lot of issues in the pharmacy today desipte ordering a week before.

Reactions: 5
Yes I know what you mean. Hope you feel better soon! It’s not been very nice 😭 vicks has been helping and the odd paracetamol when the pain in my cheeks was too bad but I didn’t want to waste what we had 😭
Same here I don't want to take anything as we haven't got enough to waste so to speak x

Reactions: 1
Oh god I'm glad you have been tested, not so much that you have.
I didn't realise what I said where symptoms.

I haven't got anything to test it with, I can't find mine and can't find one in the shops
I am not sure if it is an official symptom, its just what I experienced. You will know yourself if your temp goes up, you will feel the chills etc.

Reactions: 2
Did you see the press briefing today they said loss of taste and smell they think is a covid symptom!
I did! It makes me wonder what it was. it’ll be interesting to say if the loss of taste and smell pans out to be a symptom officially!

Reactions: 2
Oh I see. Didn’t think of that but yes queuing together, may as well sit together!
They were stood around in groups in our local Costa and the queue was close and very long.

It's going to end up in complete lockdown because people just don't listen and even then, there doesn't appear to be a way of monitoring it.

Reactions: 6
My test came back as positive this morning, but it was to be expected as my husband tested positive during the week.

Right now I just have a high temp and feeling drained. Not sleeping well
Hope you both get better soon 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I am not sure if it is an official symptom, its just what I experienced. You will know yourself if your temp goes up, you will feel the chills etc.
When I went to bad last night I was freezing, this morning I said to my husband I was freezing despite being in a hoody and under a blanket. 😬
U have freaked me out now lol

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Just here to give a shout out to all those people who were shrieking that their friend’s husband’s cousin’s old flat-mate’s boss’s nephew’s ex-school teacher who knows someone who used to be in the miltary, said the army would be on the streets by Friday night. 👋🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Does anyone have the image which shows the deaths in UK Vs those in Italy day by day and which day they went into lockdown ? Just wondering what today's numbers look like in that

Reactions: 1
My test came back as positive this morning, but it was to be expected as my husband tested positive during the week.

Right now I just have a high temp and feeling drained. Not sleeping well
Hope your both are on the mend soon xx.

Reactions: 4
A friend of mine saw someone today putting a pack of beer on top of a food bank box to sort out his shopping and then took stuff out of the box before picking up the beer again. PEOPLE ARE SCUM.

So, I realise this goes without saying but please give to food banks if capable!
Yesterday, my son’s school got to wear bright, colourful clothes in return for bringing in a tin/packet for the food back. I thought it was a lovely idea.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
im finding myself increasingly annoyed , angry and frustrated with friends / relatives who are just going about as normal because they are healthy . This is much more than just the virus ..it’s causing divides between people who care and people who don’t !!
I'm the same. I'm self isolating as I have asthma. I'd say I only have mild asthma but I'd rather be safe as there's a hell of a lot of people who are not staying in. I've been seeing quite a lot of a good *friend* recently (he's not local) but he's been out shopping to his local town centre today - says he didn't have a choice 🤷 So that's him off my *people I care about and won't see anytime soon* list. Another friend I have, has taken her daughter into our city centre to get her ears pierced !!!! Thankfully I've managed to talk her out of that but she's still out. I'll admit it's pretty tit at home - especially alone - but I'll do it if it means I get to live and enjoy life for years to come. I'm likely to lose my remaining parent this year as it is , I really don't want to lose good friends just because they've been blasé 😕

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I work as a nurse so will be on the front line, but my concern is I have a 3 year old child with asthma that has been hospitalised 4 times with breathing difficulties. So my worry is I go to work and I am exposed to covid-19 the. Take it home and my son ends up severely unwell... or worse. My anxiety is now crippling me. I want to self isolate for 12 weeks to protect him but feel guilty as feel like I should help. What do I do?

• Sad
Reactions: 10
When I went to bad last night I was freezing, this morning I said to my husband I was freezing despite being in a hoody and under a blanket. 😬
U have freaked me out now lol
I am so sorry, I didn't mean to freak you out :confused:

Just be rational, if you find yourself increasingly unwell, go through whatever process you need to do. Here its call your GP and they ask some questions, it takes about 5-10 mins.

Reactions: 3
Costa/Pret/Starbucks and such like are open for take-away coffees, but haven't introduced any queue control measures. So it appears the queues are busy and people don't keep any distance between them. How about these places introduce something like: "No more than 5 people in, and the rest must wait outside." It really isn't so difficult! 🤦‍♀️

• Angry
Reactions: 6
I’m a midwife but in the middle of a year career break. I’ve been feeling awful that I’m not in hospitals supporting other workers. Also the thought that patient care may suffer because the service is so overstretched breaks my heart. NHS workers nor patients deserve that. I am young, healthy (no underlying conditions) and no children or parents that rely on me yet. In truth, I’ve been feeling so guilty and feel like I owe it to NHS workers and patients to show up for them. Yesterday I was asked to join the emergency register and immediately did so. I’m looking forward to getting out there and doing my part the help overcome this horrible situation.

Screw my career break, this is more important.
Our unsung heroes. :love:
It was so refreshing to “love” your post - I feel like all I’ve been doing is the sad, angry or shocked reactions lately.

Reactions: 8
I am so sorry, I didn't mean to freak you out :confused:

Just be rational, if you find yourself increasingly unwell, go through whatever process you need to do. Here its call your GP and they ask some questions, it takes about 5-10 mins.
What advice have they given you? here they won't test unless your in hospital :(

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.