Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seems like the volume of stuff will go up in shops, but there will be less choice available. Fair enough. Might have to learn how to make my own pasta sauce though :unsure: Not giving up my Lloyd Grossman Sauce for nobody! :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My friend has all the coronavirus symptoms and has a very vunrable child.
She's a single mum an can't really self isolate away from him.

I feel so sorry for her
That’s what I’m worried about. I can’t stay away from my kids if I get sick. Thankfully the only reason my child is vulnerable is her asthma but it’s quite bad atm.

hope she doesn’t have it and is feeling better soon 😔

Reactions: 2
We ventured out to buy a treadmill (at last 🥳🥳🥳) and the shops were as busy as any Saturday! We managed to get a few odds and ends but our local small Sainsbury’s was better stocked. Even had roast chickens!! No booze but doesn’t bother me!

Just seen a YouTube family saying "Go outside play in your swimming pool, play basketball" lol yeah cause we all have pools and courts outside way to be relatable.
🙄 I don’t even have a garden. My poor kids haven’t had proper fresh air in days.
Going for a walk later. If the park is empty may let them run around for a little while but I bet it will be busy.

Reactions: 1
Driving through Greenwich in London.... marginally less people on the streets than any other day. Waterstones is open. Costa is open and people are queuing inside. We have come for a drive and walk but decided it’s way too busy so will be driving to somewhere quieter. Wtf is wrong with people.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
The only downside is we seem to be spending a fortune on these tiny but constant shops. I even got two bags of macaroni 😱

Please make sure you have safeguarding/ social services edt numbers.

You can help be that little girls voice.
Absolutely after watching the Fernandez doc we really as neighbours/friends etc need to act. Good luck a tip off to social/police...

🙄 I don’t even have a garden. My poor kids haven’t had proper fresh air in days.
Going for a walk later. If the park is empty may let them run around for a little while but I bet it will be busy.
I'm lucky to live in the country side so I have a garden. But imagine being so delusional you think everyone has pools and basket ball courts in their garden 🤦🏻‍♀️

Driving through Greenwich in London.... marginally less people on the streets than any other day. Waterstones is open. Costa is open and people are queuing inside. We have come for a drive and walk but decided it’s way too busy so will be driving to somewhere quieter. Wtf is wrong with people.
Why are costa open? They shouldn’t be.

Reactions: 5
Why are costa open? They shouldn’t be.
I assume people think it’s fine since they’ll be taking it away, no thought to the fact they could catch it in there whilst queuing. A barber shop open too (the government have now included salons etc haven’t they?). People standing queuing for takeaways but nowhere near 2m from each other.

Reactions: 4
I’m a midwife but in the middle of a year career break. I’ve been feeling awful that I’m not in hospitals supporting other workers. Also the thought that patient care may suffer because the service is so overstretched breaks my heart. NHS workers nor patients deserve that. I am young, healthy (no underlying conditions) and no children or parents that rely on me yet. In truth, I’ve been feeling so guilty and feel like I owe it to NHS workers and patients to show up for them. Yesterday I was asked to join the emergency register and immediately did so. I’m looking forward to getting out there and doing my part the help overcome this horrible situation.

Screw my career break, this is more important.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Someone on my Facebook had to self isolate as she was exposed to the virus and is posting she's walking around her town and places are open. Someone asked why she wasn't still self isolating and she said she was bored. I commented saying you'll be even more bored if you become infected and risk the life's of those around you and she blocked me 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
That’s what I’m worried about. I can’t stay away from my kids if I get sick. Thankfully the only reason my child is vulnerable is her asthma but it’s quite bad atm.

hope she doesn’t have it and is feeling better soon 😔
Bless you it's awful isn't it

Reactions: 1
Places are removing their tables are offering take out instead. Boris said take out was allowed. Obviously it's common sense not to have everyone queuing side though
Oh I see. Didn’t think of that but yes queuing together, may as well sit together!

I don’t have a garden either, I Took my boy out at 8am for a run around the park 😂 no one around.

I felt quite tearful about it all this morning but decided to go and do some gardening, I feel much better for fresh air and just not constantly reading stuff. House Opposite me have just had three separate cars full with people rock up and go inside. All ages, kids and grandparents. Seems as though some folk are just going about life as usual.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I’m a midwife but in the middle of a year career break. I’ve been feeling awful that I’m not in hospitals supporting other workers. Also the thought that patient care may suffer because the service is so overstretched breaks my heart. NHS workers nor patients deserve that. I am young, healthy (no underlying conditions) and no children or parents that rely on me yet. In truth, I’ve been feeling so guilty and feel like I owe it to NHS workers and patients to show up for them. Yesterday I was asked to join the emergency register and immediately did so. I’m looking forward to getting out there and doing my part the help overcome this horrible situation.

Screw my career break, this is more important.
You are incredible ❤

Reactions: 8

I thought coffee shops had to shut?

I don't have a garden or any outdoor space either. I like the idea of going for a walk really early, mine wakes up at 6 anyway.
I can see a golf course from my kitchen window and it's been mobbed today, loads of guys standing around in groups. Wtf??!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.