Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m the same as your hubby, I have underlying conditions so working from home and not going out and my other half works for Royal Mail, we are just being super careful. When they get home they shower and change before coming into the room I’m in. We are using dettol and bleach to clean everyday and too be honest almost social distancing in the house which is really sad when I actually type it. 😔

I’m actually getting really anxious everyday just thinking about how many people they are in contact with and sorry to go dark but I know if I get it then it will be from them.

There is no guidance for this situation that I have found.
It's so worrying isn't it. I'm so scared I will be responsible for passing it on to him and potentially putting his life at risk. I'm going to talk to my boss on Monday. It sounds like a good idea what you're saying about showering etc as soon as your husband arrives home. I feel like i should be sheep dipped in antibac!
I wish there was somewhere that we could ask and get confirmed guidance on this.

Reactions: 4
I have 3 young kids . Are we allowed to go to the park if there is no one else there ?
I think so, yes, if you practice good hygiene. Kids need to run around. I wouldn't touch any of the playground equipment tho. Take a ball, or a kite or something. Take my dog if you like, she needs a good run about! :)

Reactions: 2
Can she provide a ‘safe spot’ for him to play (bedroom?/front room) whilst she camps out on the sofa and supervises?
Unfortunately not, he doesn't understand he's got a long list of medical issued on top of lots of additional needs.
It's so sad :(

• Sad
Reactions: 6
My colleague who says everyone is overreacting about coronavirus, phoned into work yest and said she has symptoms of a cold....my boss tells her you have to follow guidelines and self isolate for 2 weeks. No work and no going out.
She was in a packed asda this morning 🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈 if we all come out if this I'm never wasting my breath on that selfish asshole again

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Our doctors now won’t issue prescriptions they fax them to the chosen chemist. Is this the situation everywhere?

Somebody mentioned on the press conference early symptoms include loss of taste and smell.

If that is the case then I think I had it after Christmas. No taste/smell, low grade fever, sore throat and a awful dry cough and fatigue. I really got over it end of Feb.

If they can check with an antibody test I’d like to have it done.

It feels odd. So many had it in the office too.

Reactions: 16
No Boris didn’t he have last weekend off too. Wonder if he will show his face tomorrow .

Where’s Boris?

Who’s running this tit show?

Queues at 6:00am this morning out the door and carpark full for when the supermarket opened. People are still stockpiling.
Just saw a pic of a Tesco in London,the queues were miles long right round the block unbelievable

• Sad
Has she got family nearby? Gosh how awful
She has but her mum and dad both have alot of health issued so she can't win, an if she has got it the little boy might pass it on to them.
Cant win can you

• Sad
As a highlander thank you! We do have the benefit of “natural” self isolation but we don’t have the medical infrastructure to deal with this. Our only major hospital is in Inverness. We can’t deal with huge numbers.
I know...I was brought up there. I feel for you guys, please stay safe x

But you could hand write several! I’m going to need a printer anyway for the mountains of work sheets for the kids 😂
Good luck getting any printer paper if you do. I used up the last of my supply printing off worksheets for the kids and there is none to be found anywhere around here. If I find out people are wiping their arses with it I'll be pissed 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
My step father is diabetic, he’s 67. My mum is the same age, she has some health issues but not in an at risk category. I’m staying clear of them as were self isolating and I won't lie my family think of no one else but themselves.

My mum text today asking how we were. I asked if she was self isolating for 12 weeks and following the guidelines. She said no, she can’t stay in with her husband all the time he would drive her mad. She has my sister living with them and she has kids and are in and out all day. Mums having my other 2 siblings and grandchildren over tomorrow. You’d never think one was a nurse! They just don’t give a tit so I text my mum a long text and said it’s people like them putting vulnerable people at risk and she’s being so selfish putting her husband at risk. No reply 😂

Sorry but it’s just reckless behaviour. I’ve always been seen as the over cautious one, overly clean one, how they can think that in this situation is crazy. Im hygienic, I care about my family and their wellbeing, if that’s me being OTT then I’m ok with that.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
My step father is diabetic, he’s 67. My mum is the same age, she has some health issues but not in an at risk category. I’m staying clear of them as were self isolating and I won't lie my family think of no one else but themselves.

My mum text today asking how we were. I asked if she was self isolating for 12 weeks and following the guidelines. She said no, she can’t stay in with her husband all the time he would drive her mad. She has my sister living with them and she has kids and are in and out all day. Mums having my other 2 siblings and grandchildren over tomorrow. You’d never think one was a nurse! They just don’t give a tit so I text my mum a long text and said it’s people like them putting vulnerable people at risk and she’s being so selfish putting her husband at risk. No reply 😂

Sorry but it’s just reckless behaviour. I’ve always been seen as the over cautious one, overly clean one, how they can think that in this situation is crazy. Im hygienic, I care about my family and their wellbeing, if that’s me being OTT then I’m ok with that.
Exactly the same here “oh your overreacting”

I’m worried sick - nobody is listening. I can keep away, I can do what I can do to keep everyone safe.

Just seen a YouTube family saying "Go outside play in your swimming pool, play basketball" lol yeah cause we all have pools and courts outside way to be relatable.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.