Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When do we all think this will be over? I hate this weird funk we’re all in.

I know no one has the answers, just interested to hear what people think

Reactions: 9

I started reading the BBC piece on when it would end, got to the part about the effects possibly being felt for years and felt too sad to continue reading

But that might give you an idea

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Got woken up startled this morning by the hole next door effing and blinding at his 5 year old daughter, we often hear them talking to her horrifically but I can guarantee it will get worse over the next weeks, you can tell they have absolutely no patience with her. I feel helpless and would gladly look after her.

I feel so sorry for all the children in abusive homes :( this is going to be so difficult for them, school and seeing their friends is their own little safe haven :(

Listen to the first 10 minutes of this.
I'm really really scared now. 😔

This should be listened to by everyone

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 27

I'm in no way an expert but my opinion is probably about a year - 18 months. Maybe with it dying down but coming back when restrictions loosen. Hope I'm wrong but I try to be realistic.

• Sad
What do you guys reccomend about driving lessons? My instructor is 65 and is still working despite telling me he has high blood pressure. Tests are also postponed for 3 months I am really stuck with what to do as he is obviously self employed and needs the cash right now but I’m in self isolation/don’t want to risk it but feel bad cancelling them until further notice
I wouldn't do driving lessons now but maybe you can pay him a bit in advance if that is possible for you?

Reactions: 1

I think the worst will hit in 3 weeks, then another 8 weeks until restrictions start to be lifted. But in reality, 18 months + until we are back to some sort of normal.

Reactions: 6
Got woken up startled this morning by the hole next door effing and blinding at his 5 year old daughter, we often hear them talking to her horrifically but I can guarantee it will get worse over the next weeks, you can tell they have absolutely no patience with her. I feel helpless and would gladly look after her.

I feel so sorry for all the children in abusive homes :( this is going to be so difficult for them, school and seeing their friends is their own little safe haven :(

I agree. Poor little kiddies. Also my heart goes out to those in abusive marriages as well.

• Sad
Reactions: 10

I too suspect two years although not entirely lock down for that time. I think they will aim to reopen schools as the first thing when they can relax measures slightly but even then that will be months away and I suspect there will be periods of ease and periods of more draconian measures. I’m hopeful in a couple of years we can look back and make jokes about it....

And here we go again. Today from 5am people were queuing and panic buying! This needs to stop!

🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️
My local shops are limiting some items to 1 per person. It helps a bit, but too little too late cos the families are sending in their kids, and now theres nothing left! :mad:

Reactions: 2

Please make sure you have safeguarding/ social services edt numbers.

You can help be that little girls voice.

Reactions: 12

Please get in touch with nspcc I’ve called social services in the past only to be told to phone police and visa versa.
I think it’s better to be wrong about something but have tried to help than do nothing and been right.
Not sure if above makes sense x

Reactions: 10
Please get in touch with nspcc I’ve called social services in the past only to be told to phone police and visa versa.
I think it’s better to be wrong about something but have tried to help than do nothing and been right.
Not sure if above makes sense x
Absolutely right 👏🏻

Yes you’re right it isn’t “flu” and they’ve been more than clear that it isn’t
More like pneumonia according to Italian doctors... I doubt and hope that it's nothing chemical...

could anyone advise me please. ive got a cough and am self isolating for the two weeks., but i dont know if its the corona virus. im in the vulnerable group and want to ask my work if i can work from home because of that. but im not sure if they will say because ive already self isolated that i should be ok to go into the office to work. i just dont know if im still vulnerable or not - anyone know please?
As far as I'm aware if you're in the vunerable your employer should be letting you work from home, if your occupation allows it...any others know about this?

• Heart

It all depends on if it comes back after a lockdown. Spanish flu came back several years after in waves. Let's see what happens with China and s Korea now the lockdowns are ending.

Economically it's going to be a long time with how much they will need to borrow and because the economy was in dire straits and wasn't even close to recovering from last recession.

I think this is a new normal, in 2-3 years once a safe vaccine has been rolled out and they have something to treat it things should start to recover.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.