Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know the logic behind boarding up the front's of the pub's (In Ireland specifically)
I was watching the news earlier and seen lots of the closed pub's have done this, and I am not sure why, unless they have been told to expect looting?
That’s what I would imagine.. to avoid looting and damage to windows etc

Reactions: 4
We went for a drive in the countryside today, it was heaving! Cars parked right next to each other, people walking in groups. I know they were outside but there was no social distancing going in. We went further afield for a 10 minute walk away from the crowds.
me too i went to seaside and struggled to keep away from ppl.

Reactions: 1
How irresponsible. I've seen notices that pubs should sell off their drinks and let customers collect tmoro rather than buying from supermarkets (as many are bare ATM anyway)
I live in a village lots of little mining villages make up the county a lot of people literally don’t care many of them posting “ here for a good time not a long time” 🙄 . 💯 it’s irresponsible because the younger ones will end up drinking far too much end up fighting or worse end up at a&e our hospital can’t handle the strain as it it.

Reactions: 6
Does anyone know the logic behind boarding up the front's of the pub's (In Ireland specifically)
I was watching the news earlier and seen lots of the closed pub's have done this, and I am not sure why, unless they have been told to expect looting?
Would be interesting to know. It would make sense that they are trying to prevent looting or vandalism. It’s so surreal, seeing pics like these and getting emails from stores that are shutting up shop till further notice.

Reactions: 3
im not trying to upset anyone xxx
It’s the reality of what’s happening, and the fact that on top of the Covid-19 cases, there are still other patients who require care and attention and support, other illnesses don’t go away because of this, the comparison to supermarket workers who admittedly are having a tough time right now is insulting when you see the reality of what happens in a hospital daily, 24/7.

Aldi **cough** JCB **cough** 😂🤣

• Haha
Planning on heading to a national trust walk near me tomorrow but I’m imagining lots of people might think the same? This is mental, we need fresh air and exercise you just cannot avoid people fully.

Mother’s Day on Sunday and can’t visit my mum who’s in hospital. (Not with the virus). I know I’m not alone here but this is bleeping unreal and heartbreaking. Looks like I’ll be spending my birthday alone too. This year couldn’t get any worse.
My mum always taught me to show you love them every day of the year not just one designated day designed as a money making excuse by companies. ive also instilled this into my child. you may be cant go and see her but from your post you obviously care so much for her im sure she will know you would be with her if you could. enjoy your birthday and just do anything you can to make yourself happy. when is it and im sure myself and lots of others on here will be wishing you a great day?

fat clubs and AA are going to rammed when this is all over 🤣
depends on the extent of panic buying or not 😊

Planning on heading to a national trust walk near me tomorrow but I’m imagining lots of people might think the same? This is mental, we need fresh air and exercise you just cannot avoid people fully.
I totally agree with the need to get out and about. I think local parks and any open spaces will be busy. There aren’t any pubs shops and restaurants open so it seems like the obvious choice which is scary. Although many people are trying to heed the social distance advice, many more are not. I think you are far more likely to avoid so many people by walking around your local neighbourhood. Who would have thought we would have to consider how near we get to people..the only reason you would normally avoid is if they were smelly!

My mum always taught me to show you love them every day of the year not just one designated day designed as a money making excuse by companies. ive also instilled this into my child. you may be cant go and see her but from your post you obviously care so much for her im sure she will know you would be with her if you could. enjoy your birthday and just do anything you can to make yourself happy. when is it and im sure myself and lots of others on here will be wishing you a great day?

depends on the extent of panic buying or not 😊
You are right, it is just one day, it’s just weird as it’s the first in my entire life not spent with her. My birthday is the 28th so next Saturday. Thank you for being so kind

• Heart
Reactions: 7
One small crash and the whole lot comes crashing down? That sounds like some industrial revolution level of safety... a lawsuit waiting to happen?

I don’t think a UK warehouse officially could be as dangerous as you are implying. And not as dangerous as coming into contact with this unbelievably contagious virus all day every day is. Not that it should be a competition of worthiness - life is unfair. There will always be time you feel your work is overlooked or someone else is over hyped. But feeling bitter about a few still very token perks for someone that could be looking after you or a loved one of yours soon? can’t you accept you both work hard, neither works harder than another. But if you work hard simply for praise then that’s the wrong reason and I guarantee most nhs staff don’t.
That said you sound like you are pretty exhausted and I can’t imagien what the last week has been like in that sort of role, so thank you. A few threads back I did mention that supermarket workers are doing heroic work and I’ll definitely extend that to warehouses. It’s a far less visible job, you can’t blame people for not also thinking of the lorry drivers and the power station workers and the guys on the oil rig ... rather than a general appreciation for all those jobs people do behind the scenes that are allowing everyone else to continue as much of a normal life as possible...
This wasn’t about me. I don’t work in a warehouse or anything I’ve mentioned. However I do know people are who are working long hours. You’d be amazed how easy it is for an accident to happen in a warehouse. The trucks are big and the aisles are narrow, add extra staff and it’s an accident waiting to happen with how chaotic it is at the moment. As I said I’m not bitter, I’ve said I think the NHS are doing an amazing job given the circumstances, I just think that your average Joe should be shown some appreciation too. NHS, supermarkets, warehouses, pharmacies etc are all working extremely hard to keep everything going and while I appreciate there’s a bigger risk working within a hospital, that shouldn’t discredit the others.

I don’t want to argue with anyone and to be honest I won’t be back on this thread. I think certain people should maybe think before they type (not you specifically). Their words can be damaging. In fact, a certain comment has been to me (mental health issues) hence why I will be avoiding this thread now.

Stay safe everyone x

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It’s the reality of what’s happening, and the fact that on top of the Covid-19 cases, there are still other patients who require care and attention and support, other illnesses don’t go away because of this, the comparison to supermarket workers who admittedly are having a tough time right now is insulting when you see the reality of what happens in a hospital daily, 24/7.

There's no comparison to all the medical staff worldwide dealing with this tit 🙌 we'll all be forever indebted...P.S. what are you not like ;)

Just had an email Uber eats are wavering delivery fees from over 15,000 restaurants. That’s me getting fatter then. Don’t usually order because their delivery fee is always high

You are right, it is just one day, it’s just weird as it’s the first in my entire life not spent with her. My birthday is the 28th so next Saturday. Thank you for being so kind
I just got the same email :ROFLMAO:

In the interest of not having to buy a new wardrobe, I uninstalled the app last weekend. The zip on the skirts are getting more and more challenging in recent times

• Haha

No no your message is the right one, completely agree.
Just the delivery was cut throat 😂😂

• Haha
I just got the same email :ROFLMAO:

In the interest of not having to buy a new wardrobe, I uninstalled the app last weekend. The zip on the skirts are getting more and more challenging in recent times
No joke ! a friend of mine got stuck in a £60 suede skirt in Dorothy Perkins, and she didn't have the money to pay for it 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Unpopular opinion

I won’t lie, seeing all these posts from companies offering NHS workers special treatment is really bothering me. I know they’re doing amazing work and I know how hard they’re all working while putting themselves at risk, but what about those in supermarkets? Or those working long hours in distribution centres to make sure there’s food even on the shelves? Why aren’t they getting recognition too?
Irony is they are most likely treating their own workers like tit / not protecting them enough with PPE before dishing out freebies.

Protect your own.

The worse thing to come out of this is adults making tik tok accounts

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Unpopular opinion

I won’t lie, seeing all these posts from companies offering NHS workers special treatment is really bothering me. I know they’re doing amazing work and I know how hard they’re all working while putting themselves at risk, but what about those in supermarkets? Or those working long hours in distribution centres to make sure there’s food even on the shelves? Why aren’t they getting recognition too?
Well their all invaluable in their own field ,but I think the medical profession wins hands down on this one ..If there's food to be distributed there's plenty of community volunteers that would take on that role ..but not everyone can save a life unfortunately..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.