Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Will schools reopen before bars/restaurants/clubs etc? Will it be a staggered reopen? So many questions
rishi said in his speech that the restaurant/bar closure would be reviewed monthly so I guess it’s four weeks at least. I think they will want schools open as quickly as possible. I want to believe it will be ok for them to go after Easter but I know I’m wrong

Reactions: 7
Will schools reopen before bars/restaurants/clubs etc? Will it be a staggered reopen? So many questions
Schools in Scotland are not expected to reopen before August so I'm guessing restaurants etc will be open again before then ??

After we have had a lockdown I don't imagine they will want us all to go into street party mode and suddenly back to normality straight away or surely we would just be back to square one again within a few weeks or months ?

Reactions: 4
Unpopular opinion

I won’t lie, seeing all these posts from companies offering NHS workers special treatment is really bothering me. I know they’re doing amazing work and I know how hard they’re all working while putting themselves at risk, but what about those in supermarkets? Or those working long hours in distribution centres to make sure there’s food even on the shelves? Why aren’t they getting recognition too?

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
This whole situation is getting more bizarre by the day.

£2,500 hand-outs?

Shutting everything down and crashing the economy?

The budget was only ten days ago, and we've gone from that to this?

Last Friday there were 70,000 punters crammed together at the Cheltenham festival, and now seven days later every bookies in the country is being closed!

There is something they are not telling us - either this Coronavirus is a lot worse than they have admitted (perhaps China's figures are the tip of the iceberg, and only now Western intelligence has the true numbers)

Reactions: 21
rishi said in his speech that the restaurant/bar closure would be reviewed monthly so I guess it’s four weeks at least. I think they will want schools open as quickly as possible. I want to believe it will be ok for them to go after Easter but I know I’m wrong
I’m preparing myself for schools reopening in sept to be honest 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Unpopular opinion

I won’t lie, seeing all these posts from companies offering NHS workers special treatment is really bothering me. I know they’re doing amazing work and I know how hard they’re all working while putting themselves at risk, but what about those in supermarkets? Or those working long hours in distribution centres to make sure there’s food even on the shelves? Why aren’t they getting recognition too?
This is a really simplistic view to have. Everyone knows that the whole country is working hard but those of us that work in the NHS are exposed to the sickest patients, treating them with invasive methods that increase our exposure to the virus significantly. Posts like this make people seem very bitter. Just be kind.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
This is a really simplistic view to have. Everyone knows that the whole country is working hard but those of us that work in the NHS are exposed to the sickest patients, treating them with invasive methods that increase our exposure to the virus significantly. Posts like this make people seem very bitter. Just be kind.
Im not bitter. Being kind would mean everyone is treated the same.

Reactions: 5
Im not bitter. Being kind would mean everyone is treated the same.
Everyone treated the same would mean us all working 15 hour shifts every single day without so much as time to sit down and at constant risk of catching the virus as well as all the other stresses - fear of running out of equipment one of them as cases steadily increase every day...Surely it’s more than a fair swap on non medical workers behalf if they get a free hot drink too...?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
My dad doesn’t live with us but lives a 5 minute drive away.
He is in a wheelchair and relies on me to do his shopping and laundry.
I visit 3-4 times a week usually but this week I’ve dropped it to once a week. This is purely to drop off his shopping, put it away and do his laundry. I no longer hug or kiss him goodbye.
I’m worried sick that I’m bringing in the virus with his shopping or I’m a carrier but what can I do?
I can’t leave the shopping on his doorstep (well his ramp!) because he is disabled so can’t carry it or put it away.
He is in the highest risk group so in all likelihood he wouldn’t survive if he caught it.
Is there anything I should be doing?
You’re amazing and I’m so pleased he has you. We have a similar situation with my grandma where she relies on us in many ways. I agree with the other response to this but I would add: if you feel it’s necessary, disinfect any surfaces at his house that you touch and the usual like washing your hands as soon as you arrive.

Reactions: 2
honestly the fact they announce the pubs are closing and within hours the shops here are cleared of alcohol is really concerning about the health of our country. Jesus.
To be fair though, I can live without booze, just not actual food!

This whole situation is getting more bizarre by the day.

£2,500 hand-outs?

Shutting everything down and crashing the economy?

The budget was only ten days ago, and we've gone from that to this?

Last Friday there were 70,000 punters crammed together at the Cheltenham festival, and now seven days later every bookies in the country is being closed!

There is something they are not telling us - either this Coronavirus is a lot worse than they have admitted (perhaps China's figures are the tip of the iceberg, and only now Western intelligence has the true numbers)
They are telling us how bad it is. This is an extra illness that our health service hasn't planned for. They are almost at capacity and now have an additional unforseen illness to deal with. No allocations have been made for staffing, beds or equipment to treat those who get ill from it. This also means that anyone getting sick from anything or in an accident is put at a higher risk as resources are overwhelmed.

Noone has had this illness before so no one has immunity therefore more people will get it even in its mildest form causing them to be off work feeling a bit unwell in a higher number than normal winter illnesses which some people have immunity too.

Our most at risk members of society normally are offered the flu Jag to help reduce the numbers of them who catch it this is not possible in this case so more will catch it and will be seriously ill.

Also China has put in place strong measures to stop the spread. If they hadn't it would have escalated further and the numbers would have just kept going up.

This has always been serious it is just the response which hasnt.other countries have taken it more seriously than us. We haven't either because our government and idiots or because they think we wouldn't response to a hard approach and think they need to ramp it up one day at a time.

Last edited:
Im 24 weeks pregnant and think I may have a chest infection. Started on monday with a tickly/sore throat and a minor cough. Since then the sore throat got worse but the cough didnt. Since yesterday my sore throat had gone but my cough has got worse and I'm coughing up phlegm. When I cough it sends a painful burning sensation across my chest. I also feel slightly short of breath too. I do believe it to be a chest infection but not sure how I'd go about getting antibiotics as they will probably just tell me to stay at home incase its coronavirus, but feel I'm getting worse not better. I'm not sure what I should do tbh!
Go online to 111 and do the questionnaire, if that doesn’t give you answers, phone 111.

Reactions: 1
I’m in Scotland all the pubs in my area are telling people to drink the pubs dry tonight all drinks are £2 at my local as they are trying to use up their stock before they close tomorrow until further notice. All I keep thinking about is people going home and potentially spreading the virus to family.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Unpopular opinion

I do also question some of these companies motives and this time when business is low they are encouraging people to shop with them to get there free item plus making others think they were nice I will buy from them in the future.

This is a very bleak view I know but I don't believe that everyone has suddenly changed their spots ......

Reactions: 7
Everyone treated the same would mean us all working 15 hour shifts every single day without so much as time to sit down and at constant risk of catching the virus as well as all the other stresses - fear of running out of equipment one of them as cases steadily increase every day...Surely it’s more than a fair swap on non medical workers behalf if they get a free hot drink too...?
Okay and what about those who work in warehouses for example. Who work on machinery for 12+ hours per day, working faster than normal because there’s such a huge demand at the moment? One small crash and the whole lot comes crashing down, with that comes a lot of deaths. You don’t see anyone talking about that though. But I guess that doesn’t matter because they’re not working directly with the NHS and the virus.

Also it’s not just a free drink. It’s free food, special shopping times to name a few.

Reactions: 8
Mother-in-law is in isolation... Daughter suggested doing a pamper-hamper (she saw me do one for my best friend who was going through a tough time at work a few weeks back). We did this for her...

Twitter_20200320_160939.jpg

My daughter even did her a letter/picture telling her not to let grandad steal the contents 😂😂😂

As much as we have our differences, she is self-isolating and unable to see her 4 children / 8 grandkids for 12 weeks - as a matriarch to the family, this will be so so hard for her.

Passing it to my father-in-law tomorrow.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.