Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hired someone a few weeks ago to start work in three weeks (not my company - I just hired her as in I’ll be managing her but ultimately not my decision on what we do now). Anyway I was told today to postpone her start date indefinitely. I feel awful about it because she’s currently working her notice and then when that finishes she won’t have a job until we’re ready for her to start. Which could be a while. Anyway since the announcement earlier I was going to ask my employer if it’s possible to let her start as planned, knowing that if after a few weeks they can’t afford it they could use the government scheme to pay her. I don’t know what they’ll say but I hope it’ll be considered at least.
Really nice of you to even consider the new starter when sadly a lot wouldn’t x

Reactions: 4
Apologies if this has already been discussed on here but does anyone get the feeling we’re not being told the full truth about this virus? Or how bad it really is?

Reactions: 33
I'm in N Wales and the A55 is as busy as a bank holiday weekend with everyone coming to stay In their holiday homes/ caravans....there's only 1 hospital in the area with 8 ITU beds....please stay away I'm immunocompromised and I'm petrified ( I'm a nurse but have had to isolate for the next 12 weeks)
Which means caravans opening again supermarkets are going to be worse 😔 you would think they would stay home , I'm like you I have to self isolate and my son bless him every time he goes to the shop there is hardly anything left for us

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Apologies if this has already been discussed on here but does anyone get the feeling we’re not being told the full truth about this virus? Or how bad it really is?
Why do you think we aren’t being told how bad it really is? Considering full countries are in lockdown, movement and freedoms are restricted and governments are borrowing billions to avoid totally tanking the economy it seems pretty obvious that it is bad.

Don’t love Philip DeFranco but this is really interesting.

Whats the summary of this?

Question to people staying away from their parents, is it because they have health issues? Because they’re over a cert age?
what age do you count as old enough to stay away?
I think the message is just stay away from people full stop. If you visit your parents and then tomorrow they meet 2 other people who then go home to their family's of 4 all of who see a few people the next day and suddenly you come out in Corona symptoms think how many people you have potentially passed it onto.

It's not necessarily about how vunerable the person you meet up with is but who they meet or come into contact and who they meet etc etc

Also just popping out to your parents if you travelled on the bus or walked close to someone in the street you could pass the virus to them. Or you ring the bell and leave the virus then the postmas comes or a neighbor comes and rings the bell etc

The message is stay inside as much as you can and help contain this thing x

Reactions: 9
I think the message is just stay away from people full stop. If you visit your parents and then tomorrow they meet 2 other people who then go home to their family's of 4 all of who see a few people the next day and suddenly you come out in Corona symptoms think how many people you have potentially passed it onto.

It's not necessarily about how vunerable the person you meet up with is but who they meet or come into contact and who they meet etc etc

Also just popping out to your parents if you travelled on the bus or walked close to someone in the street you could pass the virus to them. Or you ring the bell and leave the virus then the postmas comes or a neighbor comes and rings the bell etc

Looks really stark seeing it written down like that :(

Reactions: 5
Question to people staying away from their parents, is it because they have health issues? Because they’re over a cert age?
what age do you count as old enough to stay away?
My mum has diabetes, and is a heavy smoker. She's in her 60s. I'm in the vulnerable group, hence why I'm not visiting. Especially as she isn't self isolating 🤦🏽‍♀️

We're definitely not getting the full picture

Reactions: 8

works in theory, not always that simple, when you have a parent who lives with you or whos staying with you, and you have children around, it’s not easy to lock them in a cupboard, the parent or the kids, and don’t think I haven’t tried.

The kids are easier to manhandle in but they’re also louder when they scream 🤷‍♀️
feels like a ticking time bomb if I’m honest.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My mum has diabetes, and is a heavy smoker. She's in her 60s. I'm in the vulnerable group, hence why I'm not visiting. Especially as she isn't self isolating 🤦🏽‍♀️

We're definitely not getting the full picture
I bloody hope we are....how Much worse could it be?!

I think they made a mistake calling it a ‘flu’ virus, when it started, I have a bunch of knobs telling me ‘it’s just flu!’’don’t believe the media hype’ duck off!!

Reactions: 7
Do you think you can freeze mobile contracts? I never call on my phone so the data is totally irrelevant if I never leave home!
I don’t know, but along the same lines I read that you can suspend your Sky Sports subscription if you wish because there are no live events at the moment. I think you need to log into your account but I don’t have Sky so can’t help more than that.

Reactions: 1
A girl I went to school with works as admin at a hospital and has been posting all the free food she’s managed to get by showing her NHS ID today..now she’s going on a night out tonight!🤬 honestly couldn’t write this tit.
Not sure the fact she works as admin is relevant.. does that make her less entitled?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
works in theory, not always that simple, when you have a parent who lives with you or whos staying with you, and you have children around, it’s not easy to lock them in a cupboard, the parent or the kids, and don’t think I haven’t tried.

The kids are easier to manhandle in but they’re also louder when they scream 🤷‍♀️
feels like a ticking time bomb if I’m honest.
Yes in practice this is hard and you can't stay away from those you live with but if you stay away from other people and they from you you significantly reduce the chances of getting and passing it on.

That's what I mean about its not necessarily who you meet but who they meet etc someone might think it's ok to have a coffee with you but then you go home to your parent and pass on something or someone with the virus has a coffee with someone you work with. She comes to work and passes to you and you go home to your parent. Not trying to scare you I to feel like I'm a ticking time bomb especially with young kids who have been in contact with a lot of people. I have stopped all their clubs and parties they have only been at school and I'm glad that's finished and I have stopped all groups with my toddler and only been to the shops when needed for the past 10 days. Now the kids have stopped school we plan to stay at home unless we need food etc and then just one of us will go.

Not sure the fact she works as admin is relevant.. does that make her less entitled?
Agreed. Admin staff are a massive part of the NHS too and often overlooked! I know our surgeons at the hospital I work at would be totally lost without their admin support.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.