Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Off topic slightly but I feel like teachers are really being overlooked here. They are expected to go in to work everyday to look after key workers children (and send their OWN children in to their own schools as they fit the category) - not only are they also overpaid and overworked, they know have to work through their easter holidays and such too. I just think that the virus will not end as the schools will still be busy and believe it not, a lot of parents qualify to be key workers (one class in my sisters school had 15!! Imagine when taking in to account sibling and the other 14 classes).

I would like to add I completely understand WHY they have to work but would be nice to show them a little appreciation. Had my sisters teacher crying at school gates today because she was upset how they were ending the school year and the uncertainty.
So many added discounts for NHS, police and firefighters but nothing for other sectors.
My friend is a part time primary teacher (works 3 days a week). She does 1:1 work with two children with EHCPs. The school is in a ‘rough’ area and neither of the children’s parents work YET she’s been deemed a key worker and will have to go in for 3 days whilst her three kids are looked after at our school??

Reactions: 2
My friend is a part time primary teacher (works 3 days a week). She does 1:1 work with two children with EHCPs. The school is in a ‘rough’ area and neither of the children’s parents work YET she’s been deemed a key worker and will have to go in for 3 days whilst her three kids are looked after at our school??
If their parents don't work but are low income families, that means they're entitled to free school meals... Does that mean they can stay in school?
I'm not sure of the criteria as my two aren't in school but wondering if that's the reason?

I am 25 and I hate to say it but as a generation we are generally extremely selfish and focussed on our own instant gratification.

Recently becoming diagnosed with an illness has changed my perspective on life and I have had a full reckoning about how arrogant people my age are and what actually matters in life.

My boyfriend is twice my age and honestly the difference in attitudes is crazy between our generations. I enjoy it though. He and I have both agreed that although this situation is awful, it will open a lot of millennial eyes to what is truly difficult in life. The woke warriors who spend all of their time arguing about the different branches of feminism for example, are about to find out what real hardship is. I believe in gender equality before any comes at me but let’s me real about what truly matters - because it isn’t which branch of feminism is better than another one. 😂 Millenials want to care about others when it suits them but the rest of the time, it’s all about “me me me”. This isn’t a time when you can be like that and I think a lot of people our age are really about to find that out the hard way. We all need to respect the rules. I think the army should be on the streets if people don’t.
100% agree with everything you're saying. I'm so ashamed of a lot of people in my generation. I always have said I was born in the wrong one. I care so so much about older people...and the elderly are the ones who have gotten us through 2 wars, now it's our time to get them through this one.

Reactions: 14
I’ve had so many emails from big chain restaurants saying they’re closing and it breaks my heart. I know they should close, we we all do, but it’s so sad. This whole situation is desperately sad.

Reactions: 10
Cant we see our parents if we arnt isloating? Im confused....or pissed.
Social distancing applies if you don’t have any symptoms. So if you don’t need to visit them, don’t. If you need to visit then basically try to do so in a way that keeps you at least 2m away from them. So for example drop some provisions on their doorstep, ring doorbell take 3 big steps back from the doorway and blow them a kiss and wave when they open the door. You don’t want to go inside as in case you are carrying any Corona germs (you could have no symptoms but still be infectious) then they could be on anything that you touch i.e door handle, kettle, coffee cups

Reactions: 10
Today I had a chat with my boss as I suffer with severe asthma and I work in a supermarket, so we will never close during this pandemic. I asked him what I should do regarding my asthma, as according to BoJo, anyone with underlying health conditions are to isolate themselves etc etc. Well my boss turned around to me today and said ‘because you’re young and fit and your asthma is under control, you shouldn’t worry about it’. This asthma has put me in hospital in resuss and I now have a 10 month old daughter to care for. I’m so upset he’s replied with this comment, especially because I have had to deal with people on the shop floor and checkouts 10x more than we normally would. Basically Sainsburys don’t give a duck about us 😴👋🏼

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Off topic slightly but I feel like teachers are really being overlooked here. They are expected to go in to work everyday to look after key workers children (and send their OWN children in to their own schools as they fit the category) - not only are they also overpaid and overworked, they know have to work through their easter holidays and such too. I just think that the virus will not end as the schools will still be busy and believe it not, a lot of parents qualify to be key workers (one class in my sisters school had 15!! Imagine when taking in to account sibling and the other 14 classes).

I would like to add I completely understand WHY they have to work but would be nice to show them a little appreciation. Had my sisters teacher crying at school gates today because she was upset how they were ending the school year and the uncertainty.
So many added discounts for NHS, police and firefighters but nothing for other sectors.
Sorry catching up. Thank you. I teach in a college. I had to self isolate unexpectedly on Tuesday when my youngest fell ill at school and I had to go get him. I left behind all my year 13 students who were preparing to start their 15 hour exam (Art). I cried in my classroom as i was gathering my stuff, and set a few kids off too. All day today I have been getting emails from my kids saying thank you, they are being amazing. But I am still so so gutted, I feel cheated out of a proper goodbye :(

I don't need discounts or anything, but teachers are getting a bit of a bashing at the minute, people calling us lazy and saying we get enough holidays already. I want to be at work, so keeping my fingers crossed this calms down asap. I know I am extremely lucky to be being paid, so I don't want to sound ungrateful (my husband is self employed, so defo grateful for my wage!) but I've very shocked at the speed of it all.

Now for weeks on end trying to homeschool my own kids. Primary teachers definitely have it harder!! 😂

Reactions: 6
A girl I went to school with works as admin at a hospital and has been posting all the free food she’s managed to get by showing her NHS ID today..now she’s going on a night out tonight!🤬 honestly couldn’t write this tit.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
100% agree with everything you're saying. I'm so ashamed of a lot of people in my generation. I always have said I was born in the wrong one. I care so so much about older people...and the elderly are the ones who have gotten us through 2 wars, now it's our time to get them through this one.
I honestly think there are idiots in every generation. Millennials/ Gen Z are no worse than other generations (except boomers, they really piss me off sometimes!)

just kidding, love you all, just don’t call me a snowflake

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Had a lovely message from one of my bosses reassuring us that we will get 80% pay and we will not be losing our jobs over this.
Relief!!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
A girl I went to school with works as admin at a hospital and has been posting all the free food she’s managed to get by showing her NHS ID today..now she’s going on a night out tonight!🤬 honestly couldn’t write this tit.
her job is probably quite stressful right now but as you’ve said about going on a night out then she doesn’t seem like one of those that deserves the free food

Reactions: 2
So.…...alcohol update.
1) In my town its business as usual, everyone is in party mode.
2) My daughter lives in a city, and her friend (who works in a pub) has been called in to help drink the pub dry so it doesn't go off during closedown time.
3) I have bought a bottle of wine and am cosily at home drinking it watching star trek.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I went out with a man twice my age for 7 years when I was 19, he was the biggest cry baby man child I have ever met - acted like a teenager. Your birthdate does not dictate your maturity nor empathy towards situations or other human beings. Your experiences do. I think this is hard for everyone, no matter what you are or what you do I’m afraid.
I agree. I’m an 80s child and I’m used to a bit of tough love. Certainly young people now are so used to instant gratification
I'm concerned that I'm running low on tonic water for my Gin and I don't want to go to the supermarket so I'm using elderflower something or other. 😊
Needs must! I’ve mixed pineapple vodka with Diet Coke before 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.