Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bostonx

VIP Member
Someone on my Facebook had to self isolate as she was exposed to the virus and is posting she's walking around her town and places are open. Someone asked why she wasn't still self isolating and she said she was bored. I commented saying you'll be even more bored if you become infected and risk the life's of those around you and she blocked me 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 26

KateESJ

VIP Member
Had a lovely message from one of my bosses reassuring us that we will get 80% pay and we will not be losing our jobs over this.
Relief!!

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Unpopular opinion

I won’t lie, seeing all these posts from companies offering NHS workers special treatment is really bothering me. I know they’re doing amazing work and I know how hard they’re all working while putting themselves at risk, but what about those in supermarkets? Or those working long hours in distribution centres to make sure there’s food even on the shelves? Why aren’t they getting recognition too?
your average Tesco worker is dealing with frustrated angry customers....

they’re not putting a tube down your mother or husbands neck because they’ve been in an accident, they’re not cleaning your gran when she’s soiled herself for the 8th time this week and giving her the medication she’s forgotten to take, they’re not putting their lives in danger working an A&E department on a busy Saturday night.

and that’s ALL before the coronavirus,
where they are literally putting themselves in danger to look after and protect basic strangers, daily, with little or no breaks,
Everyone is playing a big part, but there is no comparison.

B237C773-E33A-411C-9304-384595E648C9.jpeg

That’s unbelievable 😞 They’re the type of figures you expect to see coming out of a war torn country, not Italy.

• Sad

Smallpotato

VIP Member
I posted a few posts back about being and ICU deputy sister and how scared we all were. The NHS is changing daily and it’s very scary. A lot of people are self isolating, which is leaving us relying on agency. Students have been pulled out by their universities. I’ve been told because I’m seen as highly skilled (vent trained, Trachy trained, ALS, ILS etc), there’s a possibility that I could be put up in hospital accommodation when it gets worse. I really don’t want to be apart from my family. I’ve told my husband that he must take our son to his Mums if I end up being “drafted in” but he wants to stay close by.

My matron risk assessed staff this week. Medically suspended another of my deputy sister as she suffers from ear infections and colds. I have a heart condition, asthma and arthritis (I take steroids, beta blockers etc) and I’ve been told I have to stay until I get symptoms. Serves me right for being highly skilled. All our annual leave and bank holidays have been cancelled until May. My annual leave is to cover childcare, so no clue what to do.

My mum is putting pressure on me to self isolate because of my heart, but I don’t want to cause issues in my team and put pressure on people.

yesterday I went into town as Sainsburys only delivered half my order. I couldn’t get any nappies, mince beef, sausages, eggs, sanitary towels etc. I cried as I walked to a boots on the other side of the city centre as no where had nappies. My Mum lives in Norfolk and had to post some to me.

I went shopping basically to ensure my husband and my son are okay when I go to work... and not come back for a bit. I have a suitcase in my car.

dire fucking times.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

Homeland

Never posted here. Came here to tattle to see people bitching about youtubers, but that feels so irrelevant now. Currently on maternity leave with a newborn and a toddler, feel like the next few months are gonna be lonnnggg. I know there will be lots of people here who wish they were in my shoes and yes I know how lucky I am but also feel very nervous about the months ahead. I literally flip between feeling like it's all fuss over nothing and it will blow over then the next minute thinking the world is going to end! This forum is really helping so wanted to say thank you to everyone feeding info and also posting hilarious updates, great pelvic floor exercises trying not to piss myself laughing! In particular @Oohthedrama every post makes me chuckle, keep it up! Take care all x

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Daire

Unpopular opinion

I won’t lie, seeing all these posts from companies offering NHS workers special treatment is really bothering me. I know they’re doing amazing work and I know how hard they’re all working while putting themselves at risk, but what about those in supermarkets? Or those working long hours in distribution centres to make sure there’s food even on the shelves? Why aren’t they getting recognition too?
Not an unpopular opinion at all - you are 100% right. There are supermarket workers, emergency workers among many others keeping things going right now.

People and companies genuinely helping the cause will go to a hospital or wherever and deliver 100 coffees or pizzas or whatever daily, they wont post it online to show the world how "wonderful" they are, they don't need to. Those that do, It's nothing short of self serving shameless advertising.

The same with the "Imagine" song by all the celebs, singing from the safety of their multi million dollar homes, with personal doctors on hand 24/7, basically people who will never understand what it's like to be on the front line of any crisis or be concerned if they will get a test or a hospital bed with a ventilator.

• Heart

idk2

VIP Member
Off topic slightly but I feel like teachers are really being overlooked here. They are expected to go in to work everyday to look after key workers children (and send their OWN children in to their own schools as they fit the category) - not only are they also overpaid and overworked, they know have to work through their easter holidays and such too. I just think that the virus will not end as the schools will still be busy and believe it not, a lot of parents qualify to be key workers (one class in my sisters school had 15!! Imagine when taking in to account sibling and the other 14 classes).

I would like to add I completely understand WHY they have to work but would be nice to show them a little appreciation. Had my sisters teacher crying at school gates today because she was upset how they were ending the school year and the uncertainty.
So many added discounts for NHS, police and firefighters but nothing for other sectors.

• Heart
  • Sad

leoladyxo

VIP Member
So annoyed with people my own age (19-25) who think this is all one big joke and are still going out clubbing etc. Selfish, selfish, selfish. A couple of my friends are going about like nothing is happening and I've voiced to them how selfish they're being. I've told them I'm not worried about myself getting it, I'm worried about the fact I could easily infect my parents, grandparents and everyone else! People's true colours are finally showing now :rolleyes::unsure:
I am 25 and I hate to say it but as a generation we are generally extremely selfish and focussed on our own instant gratification.

Recently becoming diagnosed with an illness has changed my perspective on life and I have had a full reckoning about how arrogant people my age are and what actually matters in life.

My boyfriend is twice my age and honestly the difference in attitudes is crazy between our generations. I enjoy it though. He and I have both agreed that although this situation is awful, it will open a lot of millennial eyes to what is truly difficult in life. The woke warriors who spend all of their time arguing about the different branches of feminism for example, are about to find out what real hardship is. I believe in gender equality before any comes at me but let’s me real about what truly matters - because it isn’t which branch of feminism is better than another one. 😂 Millenials want to care about others when it suits them but the rest of the time, it’s all about “me me me”. This isn’t a time when you can be like that and I think a lot of people our age are really about to find that out the hard way. We all need to respect the rules. I think the army should be on the streets if people don’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

SunshineSally

Chatty Member
I should think so....I know NHS workers do have specific hours, as do old folk. I would check, and its not cheeky to ask. You need to eat just like everyone else!
I asked at ASDA. I explained my situation and showed them my work ID and they said no. They wouldn't budge and I burst into tears. No idea how I can feed my son when there is nothing in the shops

• Sad
  • Wow

Kermy5

No (face to face) dating, no actual kissing, no sex or other intimate activities (with randoms - your regular partner is ok I'm assuming). That's the guidance now. :oops: So long as they don't ban chocolate or wine, I'll be a happy bunny!
My vagina has been self isolating since 2018 so I'm alright tbh. It's like an abandoned mineshaft.

• Haha

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Relatable...

A447BA72-F46C-46E8-B8B0-0ED87E817789.jpeg

I’m also now singing Covid-19 to the tune of “come on Eileen” so there’s that.

• Haha

Looboo

Chatty Member
This is my Mother’s Day plan for tomorrow - drive to mum’s house, ring doorbell, leave present on doorstep and run away from the door (just out of the front garden and into the street). Wait for my mum to come to the door, shout happy Mother’s Day from the street and have a brief chat.

Then go back home (and fucking stay at home).

It’s the best I can come up with!

• Heart

50sGirl

VIP Member
My test came back as positive this morning, but it was to be expected as my husband tested positive during the week.

Right now I just have a high temp and feeling drained. Not sleeping well
You’re the first person I “know” who has tested positive.
If it’s not too much trouble (or when you feel up to it) perhaps you could give us a timeline of your symptoms, etc.
Do you know how either of you got it? i.e. been abroad, etc or just by normal day to day activities?
I hope I’m not being too intrusive but I think its the fear of the unknown which a lot of us find hard.
No worries if not, just ignore this post.

Wishing you both a speedy recovery xx

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I know. Imagine having to look after your own kids for a few weeks. Nightmare
Ouch, felt that one from here.....🔥

to all the parents out there who are now parents, cooks, maids, slaves,
chidcare providers, teachers, lunch ladies, dinner ladies, moderator of arguments...
as well as being mummy and daddy in these hard times.

well fucking done.

Reactions: 21

Marcos SP

This whole situation is getting more bizarre by the day.

£2,500 hand-outs?

Shutting everything down and crashing the economy?

The budget was only ten days ago, and we've gone from that to this?

Last Friday there were 70,000 punters crammed together at the Cheltenham festival, and now seven days later every bookies in the country is being closed!

There is something they are not telling us - either this Coronavirus is a lot worse than they have admitted (perhaps China's figures are the tip of the iceberg, and only now Western intelligence has the true numbers)

Reactions: 21