Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
I think so. Here, before Covid, there were already mandatory vaccines for students and members of medical and paramedical professions (it includes porters...), members of professions exposed to prevention or care establishments/facilities and exposed to nursing homes , also the workers from medical laboratories and those who prepare the deceased (embalmers? I don't find the exact word).
And other vaccines just recommended.
The nature of mandatory vaccinations can change. Flu vaccination requirement is suspended since 2006, and typhoid since 2020.
I have worked in many health trusts and vaccines are only required for clinical staff and even at that there are exemptions for eg if they can show they have high antibodies to hep b they don’t need the hep b vaccine.

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
I’ve had proper flu. Five days of my life I don’t remember other than a few flashes of waking up either freezing cold or sweating buckets, hurting all over, and raging headaches. I spent two weeks in bed. Lost weight, ended up with bronchitis afterwards. There were days when I literally remember just waking to take meds then falling asleep again and my family had to wake me to make me take fluids and some toast. Apparently I raved a bit and wasn’t coherent. Took me about three months to feel normal (after the bronchitis cough went) and it was awful. We’ve had been vaccinated but still caught covid and it’s not been anything like that. It’s been not fun, but I’ve got up every day, and managed. With the flu I don’t even remember going to the loo some days I was so ill.
Sounds rough. I've had bad colds, and they aren't something I'd want to go through again, so having the flu as bad as you say sounds like a near death experience haha, errgghh.

inkypinkyponky

VIP Member
I'm just trying to get my head around, if you are unvaccinated and test positive you have to isolate for 10 days, but if you are double jabbed and test positive you can carry on as normal, so why are the unjabbed getting the blame because cases are rising? 🙃🤡
You still have to self isolate if you test positive it is just close contacts where if you are vaccinated you don't need to self isolate. I still don't agree with it and it doesn't make sense given.

I only really had the vaccine for the reason of travel. Therefore I'm mightily pissed off that it's been harder this year than last. Fortunately it's possible to avoid travel testing with some creative thinking and we've stayed away from any country that sees fit to impose vaccine passports for everyday activities.

I said a few pages back that I think the UK is in an interesting place right now as somehow the bumbling fat fool of a PM seems to have called it correctly. I imagine our cases will be near zero by Xmas while Europe is panicking and locking down.

I'm a true believer that Europe will see a COVID spring next year where we start to see populations rallying against restrictions in a manner not seen before. I can certainly imagine that at least one or two Western governments might fall in a messy (or violent) way and start a domino effect.

My money is on Austria (lockdowns for the unvaccinated 40%), Italy (no jab, no job), Romania/Bulgaria (failed vaccination program and failed vaccine passport scheme) or Melbourne, Australia (Despot Dan Andrews).
Why do you think that Europe will have a bad winter and spring? They caught up on vaccines and everybody that wanted to be vaccinated is.

Don't you think that there will be one more lockdown in the UK and in Europe?

What?

You think anyone with symptoms of a viral illness such as a cold should isolate - if that’s the case children would never be in school. It’s natural and part of life to get sick, unpleasant but normal.
Where did I say I think someone with a cold should isolate? Do you not read posts properly? lol
However I do think if you have a cold then you should at least try and distance yourself from other people. A cold can floor people and not everyone can afford to be off work as they don't get sick pay just as an example and it is also not nice to be spreading your germs around to other people.
I still go to work with a cold (I'm lucky as I really don't get them very often) but sit on the far side of the changing room away from others where I can and if near a patient I will wear a mask and gloves.
As I said, it is just common decency.
What I am mainly talking about when I say spreadable illness is the flu, Covid, sickness and diarrhoea all of which can be deeply unpleasant and even very serious for some.

TaylorMomsen

Chatty Member
Are any of you feeling anxious about the virus or are you relaxed about catching it? I was listening on the radio today and a virus expert was mentioning how the majority of the country will eventually catch it. Not an ideal prospect, but what can we do.
Not anxious about catching anything now. I've had all my vaccinations, I've been living like it's 2019 since the restrictions lifted in July. Been to festivals, about 7 or 8 gigs, 4 holidays abroad, 2 weddings (including my own), had three house parties, go the pub and out to eat once a week or so. I'm not anxious about catching the flu or other seasonal illnesses that can be horrific, so this is in the same box now. And I'm one of those who went out in a full on respirator at the start of this to do my food shop!

Sounds rough. I've had bad colds, and they aren't something I'd want to go through again, so having the flu as bad as you say sounds like a near death experience haha, errgghh.
I had the flu for 3 weeks back at the start of 2018 and I spent most of that week asleep on the couch in the living room, waking up only to have some Lucozade and a square of Galaxy chocolate as that's all I was able to stomach. I remember the day it hit me and being absolutely bursting for a wee but physically couldn't move from the bed to go. Lay there for 9 hours on and off sleep until my husband came home from work to carry me to the bathroom and back. All of my skin hurt to touch, even just thinking was a draining activity

monga

VIP Member
It's just a shame that there are also so many scary brain washed idiots around as well.

I have recently been posting on the AV Forums under another name and their COVID thread is crammed with full-on obsessives who preach terrible extremism and happily pile on dissenters. I actually got banned for a combination of two posts where I criticized Australia/Victoria and then for clarifying that recent protests were anti-vaccine passport rather than anti-vaccine.
Yeah they're a few of them over here trying to change peoples perspective apparently :rolleyes:

No need for an appointment in England
520152E5-C1A7-476B-AB19-FD70C7EA6BEF.jpeg

Last edited:

monga

VIP Member
Is this a teen using Diet Coke, to get a positive and get out of school 😂
Doesn't look like it the family cancelled their holiday on the back of them :(

Like I keep saying it only takes one case to start an epidemic 😷 just because you’re fully vaccinated and test neg doesn’t mean you can’t spread it 🙄

Vaccine patches could be next on the agenda

Last edited:

monga

VIP Member
ROI now have their highest cases since January and everyone’s getting the blame bar the virus 🦠 they’re now looking to give all over 60s and healthcare workers another booster dose as immunity is waning

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
Must be the schools ! Testing down further today
Where you looking? The past 24 hours is the most people that have been tested in the past week.....

Even on the ever so slightly lower days the percentage of positive cases has been shrinking, which has nothing to do with how many take the test. More good news as well although not for the likes of Pfizer if these give even better protection and for longer......

monga

VIP Member
At the moment there hasn’t really been a decrease in testing, we’re still testing at pretty similar levels. I don’t know if this will change much in the coming week but something to take into account.
I mean if those kids are off they won't be testing so cases won't be picked up = drop ?

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
In the abstract summary it reads the following:

"Given the current shortages of medical masks, we recommend the adoption of public cloth mask wearing, as an effective form of source control, in conjunction with existing hygiene, distancing, and contact tracing strategies."

Therefore yes. But you probably have to wear them properly. Which I do, but many people don't.

It's a statistics game, if you breath out 1 million particles every breath for instance but a bad mask stops 50% of those particles getting out then that's still lowering the abundance of particles in the air.

It is not a golden bullet that will elimanate the virus but clearly if it even stops spread by 10% it is quite a good thing. Don't expect why people think that it's one thing which will stop the spread when it is clearly a conjunction of various thing - vaccines, social distancing, working from home, mask wearing that together.,

It is like when people were complaining gyms were shut. "It's only 4% of the cases why do gyms have to shut when schools are 7% of the cases and pubs are 6%!". Well Einstein it is because if you add up all of those percentages you get to 100% so you have to chose the ones which make a big impact.

Now this here is complete ignorance of science and vaccinations.
Please explain my ignorance

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
It's not like the gig was socially distanced...it's risk mitigation anyway.

I really doubt synthetic ink is going to act as a petri dish for COVID virus anyway.
It’s not the point I’m trying to make. It conflicts with the messaging they’ve made for the past 2 years is the point I’m trying to make.

monga

VIP Member
My sons school are holding in person parent meetings this year I'm surprised given the rising cases