Constance Marten and Mark Gordon #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Continue the chat, thoughts and therories
---
I've asked for the spelling of Gordon to be corrected

Reactions: 7
Do we know when they’re back in court? I can’t see anything online
Pretty sure they were sent home until Monday. Can't come quickly enough, I've noticed the threads always get snipey when there's not much going on with the hearing.

As far as "blaming" the police goes, I'm pretty sure that's me guilty as charged. Although for what it's worth I wasn't trying to lay blame for what happened with the police or absolve CM and MG of any responsibility. Its easy to say with hindsight, "this was a bad decision" or "that could have been handled differently". I think there's little doubt that the huge media coverage drove them further underground. I'm sure the police will critically review all of their decisions and I can guarantee if any of them thought that going public would inadvertently push baby Victoria further into harms way then they would likely have used a different tactic to capture them.

Example in a hostage situation, the police will carefully negotiate to try to secure the safe release of the hostage. They won't just go in all guns blazing as that's likely to spook the hostage taker and endangered the hostage further.

Reactions: 11
You'd wanna slap them wouldn't you! Who cares about chicken where is your child. How many of us have practically died of thirst, hunger or boredom whilst our kid just contact naps.

Reactions: 21
I saw those videos of newborn babies decomposing in Palestine a few nights ago and I’ve been traumatised since. I cannot imagine the mindset to carry your own around with you. It’s beyond everything.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
To me MG is a rapist. I know in the eyes of the law he’s paid his price but in my eyes he’s never anything else. This would be how I’d view anyone in my real life too. A rapist can’t change to me it’s inside them, it’s who they are.
(Quoting from the end of the last thread to reply here)

His past is a huge worry. I can understand why her family were concerned.

It’s also a puzzle because that was such a horrific crime, when he was so young, did he really just get deported back to the UK and get his head down and work? How do you go from violent rape at 14, to never in any trouble again? (Current case notwithstanding)

I still wouldn’t leave my children with him.

Reactions: 25

It’s also a puzzle because that was such a horrific crime, when he was so young, did he really just get deported back to the UK and get his head down and work? How do you go from violent rape at 14, to never in any trouble again? (Current case notwithstanding)

I’d leave them with hm rather than her. At least he tucked Victoria in nicely.

Really interested to know if he has stayed out of trouble since being out of jail and back in the UK, if not then the press will have a field day after this is all concluded.

I feel like I keep repeating myself here but honestly I can’t stop thinking about this. I just can’t fathom how you wouldn’t be screaming and shouting from the rooftops if your baby passed away. To carry her round in that dirty bag just… decomposing. That poor baby. It’s genuinely haunting me.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I feel like I keep repeating myself here but honestly I can’t stop thinking about this. I just can’t fathom how you wouldn’t be screaming and shouting from the rooftops if your baby passed away. To carry her round in that dirty bag just… decomposing. That poor baby. It’s genuinely haunting me.
And why wouldn’t they just reappear once she had died and their ‘fight’ or however they saw this mess, was over. Hand her over to the evil authorities and say “you happy now?!”. If she was as well-cared for as they’re trying to say, and there was no blame to be put on them why not just pop up again? That’s what I’d expect cos who could be arsed with camping in January when the whole point of doing so was gone.

Could be he was flat-out terrified of going back to jail. Could be they knew they were still to blame IF CM’s suffocation tale is true or it could be there was something more that they don’t want anyone to find out. Or maybe they’re simply quite deranged with zero self preservation skills - there’s certainly some evidence of that, I suppose. The question will surely be asked if either take the stand and there will need to be an answer. Tho I suspect neither will take the stand, from the tone of the police interviews and the little we’ve heard about their demeanour in court.

I‘m intrigued by CM suddenly having a new KC mid-trial. That’s a serious relationship breakdown.

Oh, and while I’m writing an essay, I wonder if her mum and bro are there not to support her, exactly, but more to find out what the hell has been going on. That scrap of letter found after the car fire indicated animosity on her part and there’s no reason to think that’s changed. So being there, or maybe sending a proxy able to take shorthand notes, is the only way to get information about what her life is/was. God knows relying on the press would be frickin’ hopeless and there won’t be much the authorities would be able to tell her family.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I don’t accept the sliding door theory for a few reasons, firstly the baby wasn’t in a car seat. Minor in all of this but basic safety on high speed roads. The witness said the baby was crying a lot and he also said the car was jam packed/dishevelled. This seems true as Gordon couldn’t get the money/passport/important items.

• Sad
I don't understand this. Even if the baby was clearly dead you'd be calling emergency services to save them to do anything you could think of. Shouting anyone to help you bring them back to life.
What did they do. Calmly mutter oh she's dead and return her to the carrier bag.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
It’s strangely convenient the baby (allegedly) died when they were both asleep. Then their acceptance can be partially explained as nothing could be done to bring her back.
But what if they were not asleep?
We only have their word about what happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
I don’t accept the sliding door theory for a few reasons, firstly the baby wasn’t in a car seat. Minor in all of this but basic safety on high speed roads. The witness said the baby was crying a lot and he also said the car was jam packed/dishevelled. This seems true as Gordon couldn’t get the money/passport/important items.
I don’t understand how this is related to sliding doors? Sliding doors just describes a situation where if you made one decision your life would follow one path but if you made another you would be on another path, and either one will change your life forever

As a mum, it's really hard to imagine your baby dying and you going about your normal life. Normal for them. Not normal for anyone else.
I can see why people lean into trauma/drugs/control/mental health issues

Reactions: 19
It’s not unfeasible that the baby caught a ‘cold’ type virus. She was confined for long periods in taxis with drivers who could have been suffering from what only would be a cold to them (no blame), which considerably It was cold virus season and people would be consistently in and out of there taxis, wouldn’t be too unrealistic.
MERAIL:
My newborn grandson contracted RSV (the respiratory syncytial virus) a type of cold for you and me. His breathing rapidly became wheezy and laboured. The paramedics my daughter called were fab and arrived within minutes. He was admitted to hospital for a few days of oxygen, ng feeds and suction and was thankfully soon on the road to recovery.
I wonder if CM and MG would be tuned into any illness like this and act appropriately? They certainly didn’t for MG’s feet.
CM could believe the baby’s death happened as she says, when actually it didn’t, or they could just be making something up.
I wouldn’t trust their judgement or truthfulness.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
If you look at Constence's coat, it's quite tight fitting, designed to trap air so it will be heated by body warmth. For poor Victoria, who has to breathe this air, there will be a reduction in oxygen and an increase in carbon dioxide as time goes by. The more time she spends in the coat the greater the risk. If CM and MG slept together, with her in the coat, the risk of SIDS through suffocation or smothering would be huge. Seeing how she was cared for on CCTV I can believe she may not have survived for very long.

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 34

That’s got to have something to do with why the previous children were removed. I’d bet my life she was given the opportunity to put her children first and leave him in order to be with them and be their mother but she chose him over and over again. Even after losing some already. That is so unforgivable.

There would’ve been a long and drawn out process from her falling pregnant to the first child being removed. Unfortunately I know a very violent rapist and as well as that horrific crime he is also convicted of sexually assaulting a child - but has incredibly gone on to father multiple children quite freely. In my experience authorities are very sluggish when dealing with him - in fact they won’t deal with him at all when I, myself, have made multiple reports and contacted them directly (not even anonymously!) with details, evidence and addresses 🤬 I find myself thinking the sex offenders register isn’t as robust as people are lead to believe, the prison system is tit - no-one is being rehabilitated, the probation service is even worse and children’s services are no longer fit for purpose. I hold a very dim view of the police also 😅 That’s why I think these two are going to be out in no time at all, having more children and they’ll be free to do so as is their human right, right!? They can’t and won’t be stopped and they know it. They don’t give a duck, they are not remorseful and this is all just a mere formality. In my opinion.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.