Comfort TV and YouTubers?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still game
Four in a bed
The durrells
Gavin and Stacey

I don’t watch many YouTubers but I like
The Cottage Fairy - slow living etc, very calming
Dainty Diaries - home and gardening
I also like clean with me videos lol

• Heart
Reactions: 3
The Simpsons (seasons 1-9 are pure comfort for me)
Parks and Recreation
Gilmore Girls
My ultimate comfort film is Fantasia, I was obsessed with it when I was younger (still am tbh) something about the music and the visuals just brings pure comfort and security to me

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Too many TV shows to mention.
YouTubers.
The Outsider - a Canadian guy who is building a log cabin. I really admire the craftsmanship.
Nic Rijavek - a Slovenian man also building a log cabin. His cabin is a work of art.
How to cook that, with Ann Reardon. I like her cake rescues and debunking videos.
Martijin Doolaard - A man from the Netherlands , who is renovating a stone barn in the Italian Alps. He is also a renowned photogapher and cyclist. His videos are a little slow paced, but they are beautiful to watch.
And many more.

Reactions: 2
Films;
10 Things I Hate About You
Love Actually
Little Mermaid
How to Lose a Guy in 10 days

TV;
Friends
ER
Gilmore Girls

Don't really watch any YouTubers and sometimes I think I need to explore it more.

Tv Show:
Brooklyn 99, especially the first 4-5 seasons
Scrubs

They tend to have single episode plots so nothing too elaborate that will keep you too anxious about what's coming next. Both are my 'eating' shows.

On YouTube I like daily life vloggers from Japan. Nami and Choki are great for when you need something quiet but calming and comforting. I also really enjoy Travel Alone Idea, it's a travel channel from Japan and his silent train vlogs are chill but very entertaining.

Films:
Moulin Rouge
10 Things I Hate About You
There’s Something About Mary
The Wizard of Oz (I loved it as a child)
Mary Poppins
Grease
Dirty Dancing

TV:
Friends
Rab C Nesbitt
Still Game
Keeping Up Appearances
The OC
Stranger Things (nostalgia feels and I love it)

Reactions: 2
TV:
Kath and Kim
Absolutely Fabulous
Family Guy
Frasier
Mapp and Lucia (both 1970s and 2010s adaptations)
Jeeves and Wooster
Keeping Up Appearances
The Darling Buds of May

Films:
The Goonies
Home Alone
Mermaids
Heathers
National Lampoons Senior Trip

There are more but these are the main ones.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I like many of those Korean housewife YouTubers for comfort watching, although I have some suspicion that they are all made up, they are just too similar.
Also on YouTube Alvin Zhou, he makes great cooking video, doesn’t talk and just takes a really long time preparing lovely dishes.
For ASMR watching for comfort I like ASMR Twix on YouTube.

• Heart
Films/Tv

Red dwarf
Labyrinth
Dogma
first Harry Potter
Malcolm in the middle
Raising Hope
House Md
My family

Not much youtube anymore to be honest. Dainty Diaries, old Christine Kobzeff/pink so foxy videos from when she used to vlog in Hawaii.Homemade wanderlust and other videos of walking/hiking places. Ross edgley if I need a bit of positivity. The Wonder channel which is full of people and stories who made it out of huge disasters and is massively addictive. This is always great for making me appreciate that maybe things could be worse! Same for the series on Amazon called "I shouldn't be alive."

My comfort tv shows gossip girl, greys anatomy, the oc, one tree hill (makes me feel all warm inside with the small town vibes), sex and the city.
Comfort films: Love Actually, Mamma Mia and most Nancy Myers films (It’s Complicated, The Parent Trap, Somethings Got to Give, Father of the Bride, Home Again)

Reactions: 1
The ultimate comfort tv for me is Frasier, my other half and I have a yearly tradition of binge watching the entire series boxset. Also - Top Gear/The Grand Tour will forever be a huge comfort for me, especially the Top Gear South America special.

As far as YouTubers go I really enjoy Bigmooney06. He's a Scottish Let's Player, his Hitman and LA Noire videos are absolute top notch.

Elliot & Matt for YouTubers. They’re such a lovely couple. I just wish they posted more!
Also Emma Kenny which may be odd given she posts true crime but she tells the story very well.
Supernatural will always be comfort tv for me.

YouTubers are EmmaCruises and Royalty Soaps!
I used to watch this 😄 I love, love, love her creations

I rewatch things that are dark without being heavy and that have a fast pace: Wes Anderson films, Archer the tv series, and A Series of Unfortunate Events (2017).

TV
Gavin and Stacey, Royale Family, Benidorm, Jane McDonald Cruising, Gilmore Girls, Inbetweeners, Darling Buds of May (original) all creatures great and small (original and remake)

Films
Shirley Valentine, Educating Rita, Christmas with the Kranks, Mamma Mia, Home Alone 2, all Harry Potters

Gogglebox - Consists of witty humour, sadness, joyfulness and due to the relatability of the people on the show its very easy to watch along with.
Benidorm - The earlier seasons are absolutely brilliant and incredibly witty and camp.
Gavin & Stacey - It’s just recognisable and a nice story, overall. I hope we get another special in the future and maybe that’s been made more possible if it’s true that James Corden is coming back to the UK.

Just came across this thread and I’m SO glad people have mentioned korean daily life YouTubers!! I would highly recommend Ondo her videos are my favourite. I also love suzlnne and also hyonyeo who vlogs her daily life running a beautiful cafe. I also watch two foreigners living in Korea - CariCakes is my favourite youtuber and her vlogs are gorgeous. I also enjoy Sissel especially as she talks a lot about self care and self love ❤

other YouTubers I love:
• JOLLY/ Korean englishman
• sunbeamsjess
• Go4x4 (they do camping ASMR vlogs - STUNNING)

I’m a knitter so I watch a lot of knitting YouTubers and love watching knitting podcasts:
• The Creabea
• HIVE knits
• to the knit point
• Penrose knits
• kutovakika
• high fiber knits

Reactions: 1