Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

shadowcat5

VIP Member
Mine is Gogglebox. It’s got everything I need regarding heartwarming, funny, and sad. the different tv shows keep me engaged and it requires no real thought so I can watch it without worrying about a storyline

Reactions: 10

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I don’t really watch YouTubers but my comfort tv shows are:
Four in a bed. Really makes me laugh. I find it can start off as background noise and then I suddenly really get into it
Come dine with me
Gogglebox
Celeb coach trip
The American version of the office. Especially when I need a good laugh!

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Lola UK

VIP Member
The US office
Gilmore girls
Peep show

I’ve watched the US office more times than I’d care to admit 🤣 I just put it on as background noise sometimes

Gilmore girls just feels like a warm hug

• Heart
Reactions: 6

wafflesnwings

VIP Member
I enjoy watching Korean YouTubers - they just go about their day and their videos tend to be so beautifully soothing, aesthetic and wonderful to watch. Lots of them have subtitles in English or different languages. My favourite one is by a lady whose channel is called Plan D

Reactions: 5

iLoveMeSomeCanoles

Chatty Member
TV:
Kath and Kim
Absolutely Fabulous
Family Guy
Frasier
Mapp and Lucia (both 1970s and 2010s adaptations)
Jeeves and Wooster
Keeping Up Appearances
The Darling Buds of May

Films:
The Goonies
Home Alone
Mermaids
Heathers
National Lampoons Senior Trip

There are more but these are the main ones.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Peep show
Frasier
The simpson’s (old vibes from when i was a kid).

Movies :
You’ve got mail
A little princess

• Heart
The Simpsons (seasons 1-9 are pure comfort for me)
Parks and Recreation
Gilmore Girls
My ultimate comfort film is Fantasia, I was obsessed with it when I was younger (still am tbh) something about the music and the visuals just brings pure comfort and security to me

• Heart

chapterthree

I searched to see if there was a thread on this but sadly there wasn’t. What is your go to comfort show or youtuber to watch and why? I need something or someone to watch when my anxiety is bad.

cococookie

Chatty Member
Sex and The City

Airline, watched it growing up & there’s some episodes on YouTube so I’ve been watching that lol

My mad fat diary

Emzykins

VIP Member
Oh god I could be here forever with my comfort shows and movies.

TV Shows:
Friends
Greys
Orange is the new black
The L Word
And then any trash daytime tv hahaha

Movies:
Any of the Hunger Games movies
Inside Out
Titanic (lmaooo)
Shawshank Redemption
Mean Girls

Honestly when my MH is bad and I completely shut off from life you can be sure I’ll be laid in bed watching one of the above. And when I’m in full mum mode and my daughter is awake, I am OBSESSED with Bluey!!!! Literally one of the best childrens shows ever made!

Reactions: 3

Very traditional

VIP Member
If I want something nice and easy and comforting I would go for:

Come dine with me
Four in a bed
Midsummer murders

or YouTube - How to Cook That with Ann Reardon. Ann has THE most soothing voice

pinkmug

VIP Member
Tv Show:
Brooklyn 99, especially the first 4-5 seasons
Scrubs

They tend to have single episode plots so nothing too elaborate that will keep you too anxious about what's coming next. Both are my 'eating' shows.

On YouTube I like daily life vloggers from Japan. Nami and Choki are great for when you need something quiet but calming and comforting. I also really enjoy Travel Alone Idea, it's a travel channel from Japan and his silent train vlogs are chill but very entertaining.

Codiaeum

VIP Member
I like many of those Korean housewife YouTubers for comfort watching, although I have some suspicion that they are all made up, they are just too similar.
Also on YouTube Alvin Zhou, he makes great cooking video, doesn’t talk and just takes a really long time preparing lovely dishes.
For ASMR watching for comfort I like ASMR Twix on YouTube.

• Heart

nicalibres

VIP Member
Still game
Four in a bed
The durrells
Gavin and Stacey

I don’t watch many YouTubers but I like
The Cottage Fairy - slow living etc, very calming
Dainty Diaries - home and gardening
I also like clean with me videos lol

• Heart

Pretty Hate Machine

Films/Tv

Red dwarf
Labyrinth
Dogma
first Harry Potter
Malcolm in the middle
Raising Hope
House Md
My family

Not much youtube anymore to be honest. Dainty Diaries, old Christine Kobzeff/pink so foxy videos from when she used to vlog in Hawaii.Homemade wanderlust and other videos of walking/hiking places. Ross edgley if I need a bit of positivity. The Wonder channel which is full of people and stories who made it out of huge disasters and is massively addictive. This is always great for making me appreciate that maybe things could be worse! Same for the series on Amazon called "I shouldn't be alive."

esoes

Chatty Member
I've just noticed that "Mum" is back on the iPlayer again and I thought of this thread straightaway! Highly recommend as a comfort series, I'm just about to rewatch the whole 3 series from scratch.

The Royale Family
The Office (US version only)
Dinnerladies
This Country
I like having something on in the background that I don't have to pay attention to if I'm reading or on my phone.