Collin the Caterpillar Vs Cuthbert the Caterpillar - M&S Vs Aldi Caterpillar Cakes

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see the twitter echo chamber are calling that a vile classless response from M&S. Never saw that one coming.....
Looking at Twitter some people don't actually understand that Colin has been raising money for years for Macmillan. They seem to think this is some fab idea that Aldi have had and M&S aren't responding.

If M&S plan to go through with taking Aldi to court they have to be careful with what they respond on social media.

Reactions: 8
I would actually like them to take Aldi to court now. They have my blessing :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Looking at Twitter some people don't actually understand that Colin has been raising money for years for Macmillan. They seem to think this is some fab idea that Aldi have had and M&S aren't responding.

If M&S plan to go through with taking Aldi to court they have to be careful with what they respond on social media.
Being careful is exactly why they are saying so little. Aldi's tear emoji earlier suggests they are shitting themselves.

Reactions: 2
Only Asda and Waitrose have responded.

I think someone from Mcmillan messed up tweeting their support for Aldi's hashtag, then a few hours later they tried to remedy and posted to thank Colin and m&s.

Screenshot_20210421-085757_Twitter.jpg

Awkward.
Dl1soheWsAAzRdl.jpg

iMarkup_20210421_090253.jpg

M&S are playing the slow game. They know Aldi is being a little witch and this year's Colin charity cake they'll subtly mention how they've been doing it for a long time.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
MacMillans first tweet may have been cleverly worded, "ready to share" indicating they already have an established relationship with Colin and are open to others getting involved.
Anything else from Aldi after the crying emoji.

Went in Asda last night and happened to fall down the cake aisle hoping to find their version of a caterpillar cake. Didn't have any so I had to get an ordinary chocolate swiss roll 💔💔

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Not another fondant face ! :(

Aldi are on to promoting their merch now, this and using people like poppy dayes doesn't win me over

87E35A11-4A98-4827-96DB-B70FABFF086D.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Completely agree. If anything, this move by Aldi has made me swing in favour of M&S who actually do a lot of promotions on behalf of cancer charities. This feels tacky and like Aldi are goading M&S into saying “no” so they can hit out with gotcha media. It’s quite crass to use charity as a pawn imo.
I don't quite understand this as Aldi have been supporting cancer charities for years as well?

Reactions: 2
I don't quite understand this as Aldi have been supporting cancer charities for years as well?
Because Aldi’s latest stunt comes off as cocky and arrogant. Regardless of it being for a good cause, Aldi should have approached M&S behind the scenes and they should have released a joint announcement collecting for charity and ending their Twitter feud. Aldi appear more interested in getting one over than genuinely raising money and that’s tacky to me. Appreciate not everyone will feel this way but it’s a classic case of a company just taking it a wee bit too far.

Reactions: 10
I'm planning on buying a Swiss roll to make a cheats Colin. It probably will look a bit tit but will entertain me the kids.

I'm tempted to break with convention and get a vanilla strawberry to chocolate frost then stick things on 🤔

Reactions: 3