Cobra Kai Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone been watching this? I've just binge watch the whole series. Loved it! Bringing back childhood memories πŸ™Œ πŸ™Œ

Reactions: 6
I’ve not seen the new series but my husband and son loved the other 2, we binge watched them together over a weekend!

Reactions: 1
I love this show! Literally finished the 3rd series a few days ago. Arm I the only one who feels sorry for Robbie and finds Sam flaky and annoying? I reached the low point of rooting for Tory.

ETA: I'd not actually seen the Karate Kid films so I had to go back and watch them to understand the series a little more clearly.

Reactions: 3
I love this show! Literally finished the 3rd series a few days ago. Arm I the only one who feels sorry for Robbie and finds Sam flaky and annoying? I reached the low point of rooting for Tory.

ETA: I'd not actually seen the Karate Kid films so I had to go back and watch them to understand the series a little more clearly.
I think it helps watching the Karate kid films to see the history behind the characters. Then you understand the rivalry between Johnny and Daniel.

Reactions: 4
We've binged all three series and loved it. Love that there is humour in it, it's just a good bit of escapism.

The huge fight scenes do get a bit much though, love the way they act like it's life or death. Occasionally me and my daughter will just look at each other and go 'er it's just an under 18s karate team, why are they getting so worked up' πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Absolutely love this!

Completely ridiculous but really good fun. Really loved how season 3 ended, can’t wait to see where it goes!

Love it. Huge Karate Kid fan growing up, thoroughly enjoying Cobra Kai and all the throwbacks. My OH and I binged the new season last week. 🐍

Absolutely loved it. Binged all 3 over the past week. I feel sad that I have none left to watch. Absolutely love Johnny, he plays the character so well.
Some of it is predictable but its been pleasant escapism from you know what.
I'm a 38 year old with a crush on a 59 year old though lol!

Reactions: 2
Absolutely loved it. Binged all 3 over the past week. I feel sad that I have none left to watch. Absolutely love Johnny, he plays the character so well.
Some of it is predictable but its been pleasant escapism from you know what.
I'm a 38 year old with a crush on a 59 year old though lol!
I grew up watching the Karate Kid movies. Never would I believe I would be team Johnny :love: Daniel LaRusso was my first crush🀣

They definitely know how to pack in the nostalgia with this show! My only hope is they go back to the more grounded feel of the first season with the next one. The last one took more suspension of reality than I'd like.

My husband insisted we watched them - I was never that into Karate kid as a child but found it fun and silly and easy to watch. Love how many of the original cast were in it.

I really liked the first 2 series up until the final episode of season 2 when it all went power rangers and totally unrealistic. And that's the problem the fight scenes are getting more and more unrealistic.

Season 3 was good but again is getting closer and closer to silliness. I think its at its best when focusing on the adults.

I love the 80s feel though and how un PC it is at times.

Reactions: 4
I really liked the first 2 series up until the final episode of season 2 when it all went power rangers and totally unrealistic. And that's the problem the fight scenes are getting more and more unrealistic.

Season 3 was good but again is getting closer and closer to silliness. I think its at its best when focusing on the adults.

I love the 80s feel though and how un PC it is at times.
It can get a bit silly with the group fighting. But I love it anyway πŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ
I just hope the new series stops with the silly power ranger fight scenes.

I was actually quite shocked at the end of series 2. It escalated so quickly and was a far more brutal ending than I expected. How can Robbie really come back from that?

Dimitri's quick recovery and reconciliation with Hawk one of the most unrealistic elements for me.

Ive only watched two episodes couldnt get into it but it sounds like I should stick with it.

I was actually quite shocked at the end of series 2. It escalated so quickly and was a far more brutal ending than I expected. How can Robbie really come back from that?

Dimitri's quick recovery and reconciliation with Hawk one of the most unrealistic elements for me.
Yep, even after all Hawk did as soon as he jumps in a fight for him it's like 'Yeah, all cool bro!'

Aw, I've just started watching this. I loved the Karate Kid when I was a very young teen. Probably first watched it about 89/90 and it became a staple for repeat viewing.

I wasn't really planning on watching this, was just looking for something to pass the time but I got so unexpectedly emotional during the episode when Daniel put his headband on and the music from the original movie started up. Talk about a nostalgia hit!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
New series.... Anyone else watching? Is it wrong to root for Cobra Kai over Miyagi Do / Eagle Fang?