Co-op food

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you use the Co-op much anymore? They seem to be dying out from what I've seen. There's nowhere near as many as there used to be even 10 years ago. I had a phase a bit ago of using them quite a lot. Thinking I might pop in early Christmas eve as well to top up on some bits.

I find some of their fresh pizzas decent, they also do a really nice tuna mayo sandwich in white bread. The rest of it is quite meh - ready meals aren't up to much and they don't seem to be too fond of coming up with new products. That said, I do find the quality quite good and always buy more than I expected.
They have opened lots of locals in London

Reactions: 1
I have one on my local high street, it’s expensive but so handy and all the food is good quality. If they have direct competition they just seem to close themselves down though I’ve noticed 😂

When I used to eat meat my favourite pizza was their chicken with Caesar salad dressing 🤤 it sounds wrong but it’s such an amazing combination.

I was driving through a part of town I knew had a big co-op but seen it had been shut down the other day. I like their own brand food, it’s always been really good quality.

Reactions: 2
It's our closest shop here in the dales. It is expensive but it's convenient and good quality most of the time.

Handy when you need the essentials although I spend so much more than I'd like but that's the joy of living 45 mins from a big supermarket and being unorganised :LOL:

We bought burgers from there in the summer for a bbq, they had cheese and caramelised onion on top and they were divine, by far the best burgers we've had. Agree with what someone said above about the sarnies too, really well filled and with tasty fillings.

Their guacamole is the best and I’ve tried guacamole from all supermarkets. For me it beats even the Waitrose one, never mind Tesco and sainsburys. Their ‘Truly Irresistible’ range is also fantastic.

I find coop really expensive so I’ll only really use it if I’m desperate!

We have a large Coop supermarket (that sells everything including electrical, toys and household goods) near me and 2 Coop convenience stores. You could easily do a full shop but we've also got 2 Asdas, Aldi, Tesco and Morrisons, all on the same retail park also nearby. The Coop is always busy though and is well used.
I must admit, I love Coop food. I find it much better than the main supermarkets but it's expensive.

I have a co op near to my office and so I go in there quite a bit ‘for lunch’. I love their hot counter with the steak bakes, cheese and onion bakes and bacon and cheese turnovers 🤤 and a raspberry jam filled croissant in the bakery 🤤

I have a Co-op a couple minutes walk away. I always keep an eye out for the deals. There is a great supersaver deal at the moment, fresh salmon, potatoes and tenderstem broccoli for £3.50. If you just bought the salmon, it would cost you £4.

Reactions: 4
I have a Co-op a couple minutes walk away. I always keep an eye out for the deals. There is a great supersaver deal at the moment, fresh salmon, potatoes and tenderstem broccoli for £3.50. If you just bought the salmon, it would cost you £4.

That sounds good.

I haven't lived near a co-op in years but from memory I used to like their olive bread and cherry pie from the bakery, and their fresh pizzas.

Their frozen food deal is usually a bargain...get like 5/6 things for a fiver and they change it regularly!

Their frozen food deal is usually a bargain...get like 5/6 things for a fiver and they change it regularly!
Jumpindesia I just looked at that, it's a good deal but doesn't seem to cater for vegetarians 😔

I'm grateful to the thread starter as I just checked my old co-op card from a few years back and there's £8 on it, better than nothing.

Forgot their indian prince tea is good as well.

Jumpindesia I just looked at that, it's a good deal but doesn't seem to cater for vegetarians 😔

I'm grateful to the thread starter as I just checked my old co-op card from a few years back and there's £8 on it, better than nothing.

Forgot their indian prince tea is good as well.
I didn't check mine for ages once and ended up being able to buy a whole Christmas shop on it a few years ago. I did go a lot though so was spending all the time anyway. Now I don't live a minute away from one it's like once a month a get there. Still got £15 though so will blast that off at some point

Worked for the co-op a while ago. Their local community fund is a pretty nice idea, when you buy co-op products they donate some of the money to local charities and you get to pick where it goes too!

Definitely more expensive though, I've seen loads opening up near me lately though

I didn't check mine for ages once and ended up being able to buy a whole Christmas shop on it a few years ago. I did go a lot though so was spending all the time anyway. Now I don't live a minute away from one it's like once a month a get there. Still got £15 though so will blast that off at some point
It's really helpful in January as well as I'm going to have a broke month!