Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
We have a coop local and regular coop near, I err towards the coop local as profits are distributed in the community, they also have a bakery that churns out fantastic jalapeño and cheddar bread. Fresh pizzas are excellent i agree and the sea salt and cider vinegar crisps beat kettle chips for me *chefs kiss*
I go in specifically for their Sea Salt and Cider Vinegar Crisps. Properly strong, ruin your mouth strong. Just how I like them.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7

hol20x

VIP Member
There’s one at the top of my road so I do go quite a lot but usually only for essentials like milk and bread. I love their own brand oven pizzas but they are £3.50 a pop so I don’t tend to buy them unless they’re reduced or on offer. Couldn’t believe the price of a 6 pack of Skips when I was in yesterday, £2.15! They’re basically air. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
My little sister has one as her nearest supermarket. When I stayed with her I couldn't get over their prices. Higher then M&S prices minus the quality.

Milk was £.130 for a normal 2.4L bottle.
Ready Brek was £2.75.
A single basic tomato soup can was £0.70p.

Warpaint

VIP Member
Do you use the Co-op much anymore? They seem to be dying out from what I've seen. There's nowhere near as many as there used to be even 10 years ago. I had a phase a bit ago of using them quite a lot. Thinking I might pop in early Christmas eve as well to top up on some bits.

I find some of their fresh pizzas decent, they also do a really nice tuna mayo sandwich in white bread. The rest of it is quite meh - ready meals aren't up to much and they don't seem to be too fond of coming up with new products. That said, I do find the quality quite good and always buy more than I expected.

Jumpindesia

VIP Member
Their frozen food deal is usually a bargain...get like 5/6 things for a fiver and they change it regularly!

Reactions: 4

Marj24

VIP Member
I have a Co-op a couple minutes walk away. I always keep an eye out for the deals. There is a great supersaver deal at the moment, fresh salmon, potatoes and tenderstem broccoli for £3.50. If you just bought the salmon, it would cost you £4.

simbi123

Worked for the co-op a while ago. Their local community fund is a pretty nice idea, when you buy co-op products they donate some of the money to local charities and you get to pick where it goes too!

Definitely more expensive though, I've seen loads opening up near me lately though

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
Do you use the Co-op much anymore? They seem to be dying out from what I've seen. There's nowhere near as many as there used to be even 10 years ago. I had a phase a bit ago of using them quite a lot. Thinking I might pop in early Christmas eve as well to top up on some bits.

I find some of their fresh pizzas decent, they also do a really nice tuna mayo sandwich in white bread. The rest of it is quite meh - ready meals aren't up to much and they don't seem to be too fond of coming up with new products. That said, I do find the quality quite good and always buy more than I expected.
I very often shop at CO-OP, I like their products. Many of the smaller shops have been bought by Asda, and will bcome Asda expresd stores. It is such a pity, I really like the CO-OP.

Reactions: 3

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member

We have a coop local and regular coop near, I err towards the coop local as profits are distributed in the community, they also have a bakery that churns out fantastic jalapeño and cheddar bread. Fresh pizzas are excellent i agree and the sea salt and cider vinegar crisps beat kettle chips for me *chefs kiss*

• Heart
Reactions: 3

charlie6578

I only have a coop near me as I live in the middle of nowhere! The only things I particularly like are their “Gro” range, if you’re vegetarian or vegan some of the stuff is lovely. Apart from that the rest of it is a rip off and I wish there was an Aldi near by

Reactions: 2

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
I didn't check mine for ages once and ended up being able to buy a whole Christmas shop on it a few years ago. I did go a lot though so was spending all the time anyway. Now I don't live a minute away from one it's like once a month a get there. Still got £15 though so will blast that off at some point
It's really helpful in January as well as I'm going to have a broke month!

Maid22

VIP Member
I hate our local one, the folks who work there are the most miserable buggers ever!! But I did manage to get flour in the first lockdown when other shops had none!!

Milktray

VIP Member
Bumping to say I think I've officially given up on the Co-Op. Every time I go in things seems to have doubled in price - it's literally from one week to the next which is annoying. Plus their stock is always low and they haven't put any new ranges out for ages. They just change the packaging now and then of the same stuff.
I used to like going into the Coop but the prices, as you say, have doubled and it was always more expensive anyway. Anything discounted, is probably what I spent a few months back.
I still really like the food though, I've noticed quality has slipped in places like Asda but Coop still has some really nice stuff.

Warpaint

VIP Member
I agree that's the almost the first thing anyone says about the Co-Op "Well expensive". I do like them as sort of a nostalgia thing though, reminds of being a kid for some reason as there was a big one in our local village and it was like the only supermarket. But they do need to go on a major re-branding exercise

no-no

VIP Member
When I used to eat meat my favourite pizza was their chicken with Caesar salad dressing 🤤 it sounds wrong but it’s such an amazing combination.

I was driving through a part of town I knew had a big co-op but seen it had been shut down the other day. I like their own brand food, it’s always been really good quality.

FakeSmile

VIP Member
I have a co op near to my office and so I go in there quite a bit ‘for lunch’. I love their hot counter with the steak bakes, cheese and onion bakes and bacon and cheese turnovers 🤤 and a raspberry jam filled croissant in the bakery 🤤

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
I quite like Co-op. Of all the supermarkets they seem the most ethical, values-driven and bothered about the environment. The food isn’t far off M&S quality imo, but the prices seem to be about the same which is a bit rubbish!

Milktray

VIP Member
We have a large Coop supermarket (that sells everything including electrical, toys and household goods) near me and 2 Coop convenience stores. You could easily do a full shop but we've also got 2 Asdas, Aldi, Tesco and Morrisons, all on the same retail park also nearby. The Coop is always busy though and is well used.
I must admit, I love Coop food. I find it much better than the main supermarkets but it's expensive.

Warpaint

VIP Member
Bumping to say I think I've officially given up on the Co-Op. Every time I go in things seems to have doubled in price - it's literally from one week to the next which is annoying. Plus their stock is always low and they haven't put any new ranges out for ages. They just change the packaging now and then of the same stuff.