Co-op food

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bumping to say I think I've officially given up on the Co-Op. Every time I go in things seems to have doubled in price - it's literally from one week to the next which is annoying. Plus their stock is always low and they haven't put any new ranges out for ages. They just change the packaging now and then of the same stuff.

Reactions: 2
Their meal deals are pretty good, vegan food tends to be cheaper than most places as well. I find their stuff is nice but can be pricey if not on offer. I wouldn't be able to do a full shop but it's okay for a top up shop, usually a good range of yellow stickers too!

Reactions: 1
They have really good end of day discounts, if you have one near an office kind of area they put all the discounts up from about 6pm, often go in after work

Bumping to say I think I've officially given up on the Co-Op. Every time I go in things seems to have doubled in price - it's literally from one week to the next which is annoying. Plus their stock is always low and they haven't put any new ranges out for ages. They just change the packaging now and then of the same stuff.
I used to like going into the Coop but the prices, as you say, have doubled and it was always more expensive anyway. Anything discounted, is probably what I spent a few months back.
I still really like the food though, I've noticed quality has slipped in places like Asda but Coop still has some really nice stuff.

Do you use the Co-op much anymore? They seem to be dying out from what I've seen. There's nowhere near as many as there used to be even 10 years ago. I had a phase a bit ago of using them quite a lot. Thinking I might pop in early Christmas eve as well to top up on some bits.

I find some of their fresh pizzas decent, they also do a really nice tuna mayo sandwich in white bread. The rest of it is quite meh - ready meals aren't up to much and they don't seem to be too fond of coming up with new products. That said, I do find the quality quite good and always buy more than I expected.
I very often shop at CO-OP, I like their products. Many of the smaller shops have been bought by Asda, and will bcome Asda expresd stores. It is such a pity, I really like the CO-OP.

Reactions: 3
I quite like Co-op. Of all the supermarkets they seem the most ethical, values-driven and bothered about the environment. The food isn’t far off M&S quality imo, but the prices seem to be about the same which is a bit rubbish!