Clementine Ford

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Out of interest. Do we hold Clem more accountable than yumi or Antoinette (obvs this is the Clem thread, but curious, lol)
Due to Clems bigger following I’d say the majority of the audience was there to see her. I do hold her the most accountable of the women basically due to that. I mean they are all responsible but she’s probably brought in the most of the audience.

Reactions: 9
I have a theory that Clementine has always hyperfocussed on particular topics and people, which is why she’s managed to write in-depth books and often seems to have crushes on certain people. However, as it’s generally not socially acceptable to relentlessly only speak of one thing/person, she’s managed to mask this trait quite well.

With her new ADHD diagnosis, she is embracing neurodiversity and letting it all hang out. If she wants to hyperfocus, she’s going to knock herself out hyperfocussing.

I just caught up on this thread and watched the video linked above from Definitely Maybelline on Insta and Amy had liked her post!

I’m so, so disappointed that any of these three women would take part in something so gross, unfunny and immature. I absolutely love Yumi’s podcast and she comes across as such an empathetic and honest host. I have had some really nice chats with Clementine in the past and have read and loved all of her books and given them as gifts to others (though I haven’t really engaged with her content in quite some time- politically I think we are mostly aligned but it’s gotten a bit extreme for me). Antoinette I only became aware of this year but she seems like a credible and ethical journalist. My mind just boggles that any of them would do this. The commenter above that questioned Jack’s views on Palestine raises an absolutely excellent point. I don’t think those guys give a single duck what is happening in the world- why would you work with them Clem? What does Paramount Plus think about Palestine Clem?

Reactions: 19
I just caught up on this thread and watched the video linked above from Definitely Maybelline on Insta and Amy had liked her post!

I’m so, so disappointed that any of these three women would take part in something so gross, unfunny and immature. I absolutely love Yumi’s podcast and she comes across as such an empathetic and honest host. I have had some really nice chats with Clementine in the past and have read and loved all of her books and given them as gifts to others (though I haven’t really engaged with her content in quite some time- politically I think we are mostly aligned but it’s gotten a bit extreme for me). Antoinette I only became aware of this year but she seems like a credible and ethical journalist. My mind just boggles that any of them would do this. The commenter above that questioned Jack’s views on Palestine raises an absolutely excellent point. I don’t think those guys give a single duck what is happening in the world- why would you work with them Clem? What does Paramount Plus think about Palestine Clem?
You’re in my head. About all of this, including chats with Clementine and buying her books. I don’t even mind the hyper focus on Gaza - much of which has led me to research new concepts and people. I do mind some of the recent hypocrisy and the apparent approach that no one should talk about anything else or take pleasure in anything else in the world. This level of obsession (albeit with a worthy topic) cannot be healthy for her. And this recent event is beyond bizarre.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
As a previous fan and supporter of these three women I am shocked that they haven't said a word about this yet and can only assume it's for legal reasons. Antoinette in particular usually seems to have much better judgement usually and a professional approach to her work. I like Yumi & Clem as well but Clem can be a bit much sometimes. This is such a slap in the face to their fans.

Surely they could say something like, " we can't say anything for legal reasons but please know we have listened to your feedback and understand the disappointment some participants had after attending the show, we will let you know more when we can." I am sure one of them has a savvy friend in PR.

Reactions: 16
Clementine is being sued for defamation and, even though I dislike Clementine's behaviour, I hope she wins this one because the woman suing her is... not good. As in, "posts racist memes on Russian Facebook group, then apologises, then claims she can't remember doing it" not good.

Reactions: 6
Ohhhh wow so that lunatic is going to sue Clem. Don't even want to mention her name here as she no doubt thrives off the attention.

Reactions: 8
Clementine is being sued for defamation and, even though I dislike Clementine's behaviour, I hope she wins this one because the woman suing her is... not good. As in, "posts racist memes on Russian Facebook group, then apologises, then claims she can't remember doing it" not good.

This Jane lady is deranged.

Reactions: 7
She is unusually quiet, something must be going down. I don't think she's ever not posted at least one story everyday.

Reactions: 7
She is unusually quiet, something must be going down. I don't think she's ever not posted at least one story everyday.
I noticed this too! She’s just posted about being at a vigil in Ballarat so maybe she was driving? Also her podcast was a day late so seems like she’s not totally on top of everything.. but I agree with everyone here - hope that lunatic loses the defamation case!

Reactions: 2
She acts like she doesn’t have any PR people, but I guarantee you there is extreme damage control going on behind the scenes and attending the Ballarat vigil and being seen there was very high on the reputation repair agenda

Reactions: 8
Isn’t it strange that the number 1 feminist in Australia has not mentioned the terrible tragedy in Sydney yesterday? Most of the victims were female and it seems the attacker was targeting women.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.