Clear braces

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just seen smile direct club has gone bust! Hope no one has been affected?

On another note, im finishing my six months smiles in less than a month!!! I’m so happy with the results and wish I’d done this years ago

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Just seen smile direct club has gone bust! Hope no one has been affected?

On another note, im finishing my six months smiles in less than a month!!! I’m so happy with the results and wish I’d done this years ago
I know!! I can’t believe it. I feel bad for all the people who paid and are halfway through treatment etc.

My dentist just told me I need another 6 months of invisalign, for my first round of refinements, I’m buzzing 😂 I don’t even know what they’re doing at this point because my teeth look perfect, but they must be doing something to the teeth at the back, behind the scenes 😎 either way I’m super happy

Reactions: 1
I know!! I can’t believe it. I feel bad for all the people who paid and are halfway through treatment etc.

My dentist just told me I need another 6 months of invisalign, for my first round of refinements, I’m buzzing 😂 I don’t even know what they’re doing at this point because my teeth look perfect, but they must be doing something to the teeth at the back, behind the scenes 😎 either way I’m super happy
Omg same! I’ve just done 20 trays - so happy with the results- dentist says they’re 95% there but no I need 17 more trays to do “finishing touches” 🤯 feels like a bit of a kick in teeth as I’ll be honest I don’t enjoy the process and do just want the end result (whitening & composite) but I’ve come too far to only come this far (& with what I’ve paid might as well get more for my money lol)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I have just finished 16 weeks of Invisalign, my teeth weren’t that bad before but I wasn’t happy with them. I wore the braces as instructed for 23 hours a day most days and apart from having to take them out when eating and drinking I didn’t find them too bad. I paid £2300 for in the initial treatment and then also paid for a wire to stop my teeth moving and a set of Invisalign (you actually get 3 sets) to wear at night to also help stop them moving, I think that was an extra £700 but well worth it in my opinion.

Reactions: 2
I’ve just started my clear aligners today! I’m doing one which is similar to Invisalign, my dentist said I am a complex case 😐 I had braces as a teenager and I naively thought they’d be like my retainer which I could click in and out of place with my tongue 🤣 they are sooo tight and I can barely get them off!

I hope they loosen up otherwise no Christmas snacking for me 😂

I’ve just started my clear aligners today! I’m doing one which is similar to Invisalign, my dentist said I am a complex case 😐 I had braces as a teenager and I naively thought they’d be like my retainer which I could click in and out of place with my tongue 🤣 they are sooo tight and I can barely get them off!

I hope they loosen up otherwise no Christmas snacking for me 😂
How are you getting on? I am hoping to get mine this year I keep talking myself out of it but need to do it!

How are you getting on? I am hoping to get mine this year I keep talking myself out of it but need to do it!
Ahh definitely do it! Honestly, I found the first few days so tough and was convinced I’d made a terrible decision 😂 BUT it got a lot easier after the second tray, I got better at taking them out and the whole process of cleaning my teeth after eating anything (still a massive faff tbh but it does make me think twice about snacking constantly). The first few days of a new tray can be a bit painful but it’s worth it to see your teeth moving!

Has anyone gone with clear alignments and regretted not going for fixed?

I snack often and always have a drink on the go. I’m happy have water but I’ll struggle on the snacking, especially now while pregnant then feeding. I’m not fussed about losing weight through diet so feels like it’ll be a struggle. How have people found that side of things?

I would also like to know whether any one of you has regretted not going for fixed, mostly for better results. Read this whole thread but I am still wondering what is the option for me. I'm between clear and fixed ceramic.

Been to the ortho and I am currently weighing my options. My dentist uses ClearCorrect as clear alignments, so I don't know if they are as good as invisalign. Clear would be ideal because they are less visible however now that I am getting it done (after contemplating for yearssss), I would like perfect results and from what I've read online so far, fixed is better at achieving that result.

I would also like to know whether any one of you has regretted not going for fixed, mostly for better results. Read this whole thread but I am still wondering what is the option for me. I'm between clear and fixed ceramic.

Been to the ortho and I am currently weighing my options. My dentist uses ClearCorrect as clear alignments, so I don't know if they are as good as invisalign. Clear would be ideal because they are less visible however now that I am getting it done (after contemplating for yearssss), I would like perfect results and from what I've read online so far, fixed is better at achieving that result.
I know I asked the same question but to add, my OH was so glad he went for regular fixed as he needed quite extreme changes. My brother had ceramic fixed after invisiline as he didn't feel the results were good enough from the former, again had quite significant issues. For my OH, one tooth was almost sideways, it's now perfect and as it goes, visibility wasn't much of an issue as he was used to smiling without showing his teeth much from years of doing it and just how his mouth is.

I'm debating it as I only want need a little straightening in one area where it's starting to look crowded and I have a broad, toothy smile. If I needed big changes, I'd go fixed.

Has anyone here had lingual braces? I feel like I’m going to need fixed to have some changes to my top but I don’t want them on show at all, so was thinking about adding them to the back instead using lingual.