Clancy Burke

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I cant believe anyone would watch her boring videos which is why i lurk here!
Really silly to criticise your ex co-workers, your salary and be ungrateful.
Sounds like even if she became the most interesting and famous blogger online, her old colleagues wouldn't want her on the show.
Yes social is new media, but new media needs the old still! Can't believe this person has a media degree and worked as a "reporter"

Reactions: 2
They just seem miserable. Like Im no influencer but if I had money and freetime I would have so much fun travelling with my partner! My partner is so fun to travel with! I bet zac hates the travels and wants to stay with friends and family. Clancy is stressing out what will her content be cause shes a "content creator". Her life would be more fun if she admitted that shes a cheapskate who loves routines routines Routines!!! Shes nothing special and thats fine were all human here. She thinks shes this unicorn. I didnt get the video in the pink shirt like wtf? To me shes nothing special just a normal girl with normal body and some makeup. She does have awful dress sense.

Reactions: 1
I've never seen someone constantly talk such inane gibberish to the camera. Do you think it is because she is lonely? I can't imagine 'stone cold' Zac can hold any nevermind a decent conversation. I was thinking she should become a music radio DJ as they talk mindless crap before and after playing songs, also they are annoying af!

"Everyone says they're quirky and they're not, but I REALLY AM! Look, I made silly faces in some pictures ten years ago!" Yeesh.

Wow she’s gone all in for the click bait YouTube videos. She has a photo of the Eiffel Tower…has she even been to Paris? “Travel full time” - you’re doing workations in different cities in the same country. Impressive still yes, but don’t act like you’re traveling the WORLD right now.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Oh how I love it when influencers try to give us mortals money saving tips. She is completely out of touch, I mean what's next? "Tips on how you too can have a well paid job using your mom's connections"?

Reactions: 6
Oh how I love it when influencers try to give us mortals money saving tips. She is completely out of touch, I mean what's next? "Tips on how you too can have a well paid job using your mom's connections"?

Also she constantly says how “other people’s parents help them out! I had no help from my parents.” Never mind the fact they paid for her education so she had no debt, got her her first job… also won’t she have some “help” from her parents when she moves back home for a month and doesn’t have to pay rent?!

Reactions: 10
Also she constantly says how “other people’s parents help them out! I had no help from my parents.” Never mind the fact they paid for her education so she had no debt, got her her first job… also won’t she have some “help” from her parents when she moves back home for a month and doesn’t have to pay rent?!
Also her mother is paying for her wedding as she is too cheap to!

I can't believe I ever thought she was worth listening to. She is so tone deaf and in a bubble. Guys just make more money... tell that to the single parent who is working two jobs to pay rent, energy bills and put food on the table. She obviously doesn't know anyone struggling with the cost of living!

Reactions: 8
I had 20k to blow on airbnbs. Soooo you spent it on random housing instead of a down payment on a house. Get more money saving tips from this winner 🙄

Reactions: 9
I love that there was maybe one thread of “hate” (aka just criticism), and the rest of the comments are saying how Clancy doesn’t deserve the hate LOL.
She’s in no position to give advice. It’s great that she’s saved up — it really is. But that’s because she had no student loans, 2x the income (from YouTube and reporting), and half the expenses of living because she and Zac split the rent. Of COURSE you’d be able to save money.

There are people who will never get ahead a day in their life, and that can be attributed to so many external factors. People inherit debt from their family. They get evicted and suddenly find themselves without a home. Saving money “at any income” is not feasible, and I think it’s a real slam on people who will spend their lives living paycheck-to-paycheck simply because they didn’t have the advantages of Clancy Burke.

Reactions: 9
Came searching for this thread out of part frustration, and part fascination.

At one point I actually enjoyed Clancy's content, so I'm not a "hater" but you would think I was given her latest video. If anyone's interested, check out the latest video, you'll know right away which "hateful" comment I left and the subsequent rabid pile-on. It's fascinating to see how unhinged her fans are and how quick pile-on happens. Her fans call anyone who respectfully critiques a "hater" or "troll" -- they get emotionally fired up so quickly. And sorry if this is rude, but they're also kind of...dumb. Maybe 'basic' is a better descriptor. Clancy herself is also very defensive, which makes for an unhealthy fandom.

It's so refreshing to see other people have the same thoughts and actually be allowed to express them here. My impression was Clancy would be doing travel-style vlogs, not literally shopping every chance she gets and eating take out and drinking. They went to that white water center (whatever is was called) and just ended up just EATING there? That scene actually made laugh out loud. It was the one opportunity for us to see her do *something*. And she stays in higher end (I say higher end because she spent ~$4000/month on Airbnbs) Airbnbs and calls herself a "digital nomad." I actually thought when she quit her reporting job, she would live a more purposeful life, like she would take up writing again, maybe volunteer (as she once mentioned) -- things like that. I also thought she would be less image-focused, but she's gone the exact opposite way (so has Zac).

I especially find it funny to see her fans calling her 'low maintenance' with someone even saying they could see her doing the van life thing. This woman cannot handle living without any creature comforts at all. She has a stock pile of skin care products for goodness sake. She even has a hard time eating out of a different cup/bowl for her oatmeal. I knew she was neurotic, but her going full-time TrAveLinG really highlighted how controlling/neurotic/obsessive with routine she is. I'm neurotic myself, but the problem is she and her fans still pretend she is low maintenance and relatable, but that's just not her personality-type at all. She likes the fake nails, the regular facials, the hyper consumerism, the reality TV (which she always talks about, but claims not to watch at the same time?) She should just own it. It's not for me, but that's fine. This is a new "chapter" for her, and it's just not relatable to me anymore.

Sorry this was long. First comment. Had a lot to say :)

Reactions: 11
I saw the comments suggesting "van life" for Clancy. Can you imagine? It would be hilarious trying to see her deal with that. 🤣 That would really mess with her routine. I keep watching, wondering what's next for her and Zac. Will they make it to the alter? I notice his irritation with her for putting on lipstick after they finished eating at a restaurant and his comments about her pajama-looking sweats she was wearing. Why does he put her down? And why does she put that in the vlog? Her fans say she seems so much happier. I see just the opposite. When she was working she seemed like a very productive, energetic, organized, happy person. But it seems that was all a facade.

Reactions: 5
I saw the comments suggesting "van life" for Clancy. Can you imagine? It would be hilarious trying to see her deal with that. 🤣 That would really mess with her routine. I keep watching, wondering what's next for her and Zac. Will they make it to the alter? I notice his irritation with her for putting on lipstick after they finished eating at a restaurant and his comments about her pajama-looking sweats she was wearing. Why does he put her down? And why does she put that in the vlog? Her fans say she seems so much happier. I see just the opposite. When she was working she seemed like a very productive, energetic, organized, happy person. But it seems that was all a facade.
When people comment about how Zac rude she always comments back that she “LOVES” his sarcasm 🤨🤔

I wonder what Zac's parents think of Clancy quitting her job? Especially his mom since she works in the new industry. We all know Clancy's mom enables her generally.

Also she constantly says how “other people’s parents help them out! I had no help from my parents.”
Typical*golden* child! I wish I grew up going to an all girls school then having my parents pay for my college. She has had an easy life and a lot of people would want that. I know we shouldn't compare and blah blah blah. But like hunny I grew up being abused and my parents never gave a duck about my education. I have had to figure basic tit that most people seem to "naturally" know. Her problems are coming from that of a privilege person. She feel so tired but doesn't take her B12 nor go to a nutritionist despite being able to afford it without even denting her savings. She is starting to get annoying.

Reactions: 4
I saw the comments suggesting "van life" for Clancy. Can you imagine? It would be hilarious trying to see her deal with that. 🤣
Now that is something I’d watch! Someone made a comment challenging Clancy to go at least a few days without makeup as if it were the most wild suggestion. It’s gettin real crazy over there..

I wonder what Zac's parents think of Clancy quitting her job? Especially his mom since she works in the new industry. We all know Clancy's mom enables her generally.

Typical*golden* child! I wish I grew up going to an all girls school then having my parents pay for my college. She has had an easy life and a lot of people would want that. I know we shouldn't compare and blah blah blah. But like hunny I grew up being abused and my parents never gave a duck about my education. I have had to figure basic tit that most people seem to "naturally" know. Her problems are coming from that of a privilege person. She feel so tired but doesn't take her B12 nor go to a nutritionist despite being able to afford it without even denting her savings. She is starting to get annoying.
I hear you. She has lived a very sheltered and cushy life and I think the only thing that helped her get perspective beyond her sheltered upbringing was being a reporter. It forced her to meet people from all walks of life. Now that she doesn’t have that, she’s back in her insular bubble, and has become even more unrelatable. She’s also more alone with her hang ups and you can actually see over time how she’s spiralling (she’s more “disgusting”, anxious, etc). Lots of compulsive behaviour, self-doubt, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
$200 on a pink puffer... Zac is actually right for once that was not worth it!!

Reactions: 3
lol how many times could she claim she doesn't shop that much and show a huge haul in the next clip
Right? She has to preface every haul with a “I swear I don’t shop” diatribe. Thou doth protest too much.

I liked that one comment, “Clancy I love how you just own up to being high maintenance, and how much you shop..” Backhanded compliment. 😂

She can absolutely spend her money on what she wants but it’s not going to make her anymore relatable..and those nails are so ridiculous. Typical influencer pipeline.

Also someone actually thought the phrase “play stupid games, win stupid prizes” originated from Taylor Swift??? These people are just as sheltered and uncultured as she is.

Reactions: 4
You guys it's the weekend so it's okay for her to shop. 😂
At least I caught on rather quickly that she doesn't know what she is talking about. Hopefully no one is actually taking her advice because she makes up stuff. Plus she had two jobs that paid well. That's not the norm for most people with two.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.