Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

greenglasgrass

I don’t really think you need to defend yourself to this extent. I didn’t find your original comment that insulting or offensive and I’ve been living with this condition, amongst others, and fighting for a diagnosis (which I eventually got) for years.

This is a discussion forum where we are all entitled to our opinions and have the opportunity to discuss them. I don’t think it’s fair to just throw the phrase “educate yourself” around and I believe it creates animosity whereas discussion and questions are much more healthy. Just my humble opinion.

I followed Emily briefly a long time ago but had to unfollow her as, like you, her page and “content” confused me. I’m sure she’s a nice enough person just trying to get by but how she has sustained a significant following after the initial interest surge, baffles me. Her makeup looks are awful, her fashion is terrible and I genuinely can’t understand what people find interesting about her.

I initially found Cian’s comedy sketches funny and think he really could have gone places with the right guidance and training. Unfortunately he seemed happier falling into the “influencer” 🤢 category and sold out a bit. That’s where I think it all went wrong and I believe he’s missed his window of opportunity now. It’s a real shame.
Thank you. I wasn’t to trying to belittle any illness. I also find “educate yourself” an incredibly crass response thrown around, I could not imagine saying that to someone who didn’t understand something.
I follow several pages of people who live with illness and disabilities who are really inspiring. Fair play to Emily if she can make a living out of her page but I honestly cannot see where the appeal to her followers is.

Reactions: 1
Cian Twomey is a video creator from Cork and creates comedic sketches based around his girlfriend/muse Emily Rochford since 2015.

Reactions: 1