Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chatchatchat

Chatty Member
Just jumping on here… I get it that she has arthritis and it’s an invisible illness.. I have a few friends who have had it since teenagers. However I don’t believe she has a “chronic” illness as she puts it. If her arthritis was chronic she would hardly be able to move. And I don’t think you can use “invisible” and “chronic” in the same context as a physically debilitating disease. She randomly popped up there on my feed and I was like wtf is her page about. Whinging and terrible fashion it seems….
No you’re way off here! I suffer with an invisible Illness and the amount of people like you who make out it doesn’t exist of affect me because YOU can’t see or feel it isn’t ok. I find this couple really annoying I think I remember them for years ago I can’t believe it’s still a thing! But your comment isn’t ok, please educate yourself in this day and age it’s 2022. I’m not being rude honestly but I had to fight to be heard because it couldn’t possibly be happening to me at the age I was and it was happening and I was gaslighted by medical professionals til I actually got a formal diagnosis, purely because of my age so don’t do that to her

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Sosig

Chatty Member
Wow are they still a thing!? I remember videos of him pretending to be Emily circulating Facebook in like 2015 😂 had no idea they were still trying to be relevant.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Lana.lee

Chatty Member
Just jumping on here… I get it that she has arthritis and it’s an invisible illness.. I have a few friends who have had it since teenagers. However I don’t believe she has a “chronic” illness as she puts it. If her arthritis was chronic she would hardly be able to move. And I don’t think you can use “invisible” and “chronic” in the same context as a physically debilitating disease. She randomly popped up there on my feed and I was like wtf is her page about. Whinging and terrible fashion it seems….
This comment is not ok. It is unfair to compare your friends to Emily - Everyone's experience is different. You don't 'believe' she has a chronic illness...?There is nothing to believe - it is a fact.
You absolutely can use 'invisible' and 'chronic' in the same context as a physically debilitating disease.
Please educate yourself before making comments like this.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Wow are they still a thing!? I remember videos of him pretending to be Emily circulating Facebook in like 2015 😂 had no idea they were still trying to be relevant.

I liked him at the start before all the non stop Emily impressions it’s not even funny anymore and very repetitive.

Reactions: 8

Crackerjack

Well if its ongoing and lasts for long periods of time then it is classified as chronic as its more about length of time than intensity of the disease.

Reactions: 8

Cutiebum1

I genuinely could never understand how she was supposedly a make up artist and how she’d get PR boxes sent to her from the likes of Lancôme etc. Her make up was always dreadful.

Reactions: 6

Kilingtime

VIP Member
Cannot STAND them. I could never understand the appeal? She had a brief stint as a MUA but got addicted to the blow up doll lips and I lost heed after that..

Reactions: 5

greenglasgrass

Reactions: 4

Et tu Brute?

VIP Member
Okay didn’t know that. My own friends use steroids to treat theirs maybe their’s are chronic too I never heard to them referred to it as chronic so that’s fair enough👍

I also have a chronic stage 4 illness - endometriosis which took 15 yrs to diagnose. 1 in 7 people have endometriosis. So I understand lots of people have invisible illnesses I’m not bashing that. I was speaking about my own friends who have ARTHRITIS who use steroids to treat it as it can be quite bad and during our discussions they never used the word chronic so I wondered if it applied to this disease also and she continuously goes on about it and physically can walk okay. My friend can’t walk on her bad days but told me before it hadn’t reached chronic stage. That is all
I don’t really think you need to defend yourself to this extent. I didn’t find your original comment that insulting or offensive and I’ve been living with this condition, amongst others, and fighting for a diagnosis (which I eventually got) for years.

This is a discussion forum where we are all entitled to our opinions and have the opportunity to discuss them. I don’t think it’s fair to just throw the phrase “educate yourself” around and I believe it creates animosity whereas discussion and questions are much more healthy. Just my humble opinion.

I followed Emily briefly a long time ago but had to unfollow her as, like you, her page and “content” confused me. I’m sure she’s a nice enough person just trying to get by but how she has sustained a significant following after the initial interest surge, baffles me. Her makeup looks are awful, her fashion is terrible and I genuinely can’t understand what people find interesting about her.

I initially found Cian’s comedy sketches funny and think he really could have gone places with the right guidance and training. Unfortunately he seemed happier falling into the “influencer” 🤢 category and sold out a bit. That’s where I think it all went wrong and I believe he’s missed his window of opportunity now. It’s a real shame.

I used to love his videos but they got very repetitive so I stopped watching him. Bit like Tadgh Fleming, funny at first but then very predictable.

greenglasgrass

Well if its ongoing and lasts for long periods of time then it is classified as chronic as its more about length of time than intensity of the disease.
Okay didn’t know that. My own friends use steroids to treat theirs maybe their’s are chronic too I never heard to them referred to it as chronic so that’s fair enough👍

No you’re way off here! I suffer with an invisible Illness and the amount of people like you who make out it doesn’t exist of affect me because YOU can’t see or feel it isn’t ok. I find this couple really annoying I think I remember them for years ago I can’t believe it’s still a thing! But your comment isn’t ok, please educate yourself in this day and age it’s 2022. I’m not being rude honestly but I had to fight to be heard because it couldn’t possibly be happening to me at the age I was and it was happening and I was gaslighted by medical professionals til I actually got a formal diagnosis, purely because of my age so don’t do that to her
I also have a chronic stage 4 illness - endometriosis which took 15 yrs to diagnose. 1 in 7 people have endometriosis. So I understand lots of people have invisible illnesses I’m not bashing that. I was speaking about my own friends who have ARTHRITIS who use steroids to treat it as it can be quite bad and during our discussions they never used the word chronic so I wondered if it applied to this disease also and she continuously goes on about it and physically can walk okay. My friend can’t walk on her bad days but told me before it hadn’t reached chronic stage. That is all

Reactions: 3
Cannot STAND them. I could never understand the appeal? She had a brief stint as a MUA but got addicted to the blow up doll lips and I lost heed after that..
Yeah he kinda went down hill a little re the comedy when she came on the scene, such a shame I liked him in the early days.

Cupcakeapple

VIP Member
I loved cian and Emily years ago I loved cians Facebook videos I thought they were hilarious and I loved Emily and her makeup looks 😍 but I kind of lost interest when I found Emily used to complain a lot and was always negative

I used to watch his videos on Facebook but then he started posting random viral videos on his page to up the interaction on his posts as he said Facebook changed how people would see his posts

Reactions: 2