Chronic pain folks

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Finally got my fibro diagnosis this afternoon. Thinking back to how my Gran was, I believe she had it too. I'm unsurprised by the diagnosis but still so upset.

Love to all.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi, I don’t have chronic pain but looking for advice. My friend has chronic pain. He is on a lot of different pain relief for it. But he takes over what is prescribed a lot of the time for example taking 5 times over on one medication, three times of another (known to take 4 times as well). I’m not with him everyday so not sure if it’s a daily thing but I’d say every time I am he takes extra. The pharmacy also gave him quite a lot of extra medication twice by accident without knowing and he still used all this medication before the new medications were due. this medication he admitted to another friend he is addicted to in the past. I find him hard to be around the majority of the time as often he is in a bad mood, argumentative and complains most of the time. I feel his mood changes easily. I also feel I’m walking on egg shells trying not to annoy him or say something where he’ll argue with me about it. I think this could be a sign of addiction? But not sure if it’s just due to the pain? Not sure what I can do about it anyway.

We usually do everything together but I also want to do things that he would not be able to do due to his condition and the things he wants to do a lot of the time I don’t enjoy as I want to be doing other things. I feel bad and just go along with what he wants most of the time. He makes me feel bad if I do something alone and I even invite him sometimes, he doesn’t come then gets annoyed at me for doing it. Would you be mad if I just booked it? Should I just book and do what I want? I know it sounds bad but I think I’d enjoy it more alone anyway.
Im surprised this is able to continue tbh . . I recently ( by accident) requested a medication and I was text back telling me exactly when it was last issued and when I was able to request it again.

Im wondering if its high strength pain killers or sleeping tablets your friend is over using?
All of which are known to have a addiction side to them?

Just thought I’d park myself here and say hi!

I have hEDS and lots of experience in chronic pain, dislocation/subluxations etc so here for moral support and advice if anyone needs it! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Didn't know us spoonies had a thread. Hi guys!!

I have endometriosis, I've lived with this for over 10 years, so much so I had to have fertility treatment to carry my daughter. I was later diagnosed with fibro, which appaz goes hand in hand with endo (well vice versa) and now I've just been told my entire womb/uterus has prolapsed. Just a bit more fuel added to my fire. :( They've said carrying a child won't have helped but they're mainly blaming the countless laparoscopies I've had to remove endo. I'm a single mum and struggle to even pick up my 3 year old some days. I could cry!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Off for a deep tissue massage tomorrow. My muscles are so tight, knotted and scarred I just want to see if it will help with my lower back spasms. I know it's going to hurt, but worth a go right?

Saw an ENT doctor on Thursday, looks like I'll be having a septoplasty to sort my deviated septum out. Just have to have a CT scan on my sinuses first, to see if there's anything there they need to operate on too. Whilst there's nothing that can be done about most of my chronic conditions, it seems they can help free me of chronic sinusitis 🤞

I know for me Fibro had taken the fun out of days out or planning activities with my friends and family. I was always on edge waiting for a flare and stopped doing things I loved out of the fear. I spoke with a counsellor earlier this year and it really has helped me, I spent so much time worried about "what if" instead of thinking ok I might need a few days to recover but I can plan for this now, or I might be ok, but I'll still prepare to be nicer to myself anyway.

Chronic illness can be very lonely, you can be in a room full of people but still feel alone, its also often dismissed as an "invisible illness" for some. I think your friend would benefit from speaking to a doctor or counsellor, pain medication addiction is real and they could be feeling shame about this so are very defensive about it. If they are not getting out much as well the medication will be almost like their hobby and the day will revolve around it since they have nothing else to keep their mind stimulated.

Your friend needs help, is there a family member of theirs you could talk to? Unfortunately for you its those that try help that end up in the firing line, you want to help your friend but you also need to look after yourself and you are more than entitled to do that, hopefully your friend might understand that.
He still works so gets out for that. He blames me for being hard to make plans with but won’t do anything on the a singular day off, yet I give him 14 days off a month I can do. There’s been times I’ve got on on a bus on the way to see him and then he decides he doesn’t want to come out. Being around him the majority of the time I’m bored or just secretly annoyed as I am just not enjoying myself. I cater to his needs most of the time just every now and then he pushes through to do what we have planned. I want to go on a physical activity holiday which I know he can’t do, he’ll want me to change my plans so he can go but I just don’t want to spend my money on something I don’t want to do, I want to spend it on what I want. He’d get annoyed if I went with someone else (although I want to go alone) whereas I wouldn’t care if he did it.
With regards to family knowing, his family give him their prescribed medications if he runs out too soon. He even used his and their medications they gave him before his next ones were even due! I was planning on anonymously getting in contact with the pharmacy to tell them their mistake of giving extra medications but I don’t know what pharmacy is. I thought it would be on the label of the medications. He also used I’d say 3/4 of one medication in 3 days when it should’ve lasted 3 weeks.
I generally feel down a lot of the time when I’m around him but then we do have some good times together. I don’t want to fall out with him but I also want to do things in my own. I’m really not confrontational and just go along with most things but I just feel I’m holding back on what I want to do to please him.

Im surprised this is able to continue tbh . . I recently ( by accident) requested a medication and I was text back telling me exactly when it was last issued and when I was able to request it again.

Im wondering if its high strength pain killers or sleeping tablets your friend is over using?
All of which are known to have a addiction side to them?
It’s definitely high strength pain killers - multiple of them. Does take sleeping pills but not prescription ones

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Ive had my naproxen stopped as it has caused an ulcer, which then bleeds, causes me aneamia and a whole vicious circle of other things.
Fast forward 4 weeks without it ( the alternative, celecoxib is rubbish) and I literally CANNOT move.
I know I need steroids, I've contacted the GP but have a feeling they are going to want my rheumatologist involved. .
Im so fed up . . Ive had to resort to morphine these last 2 nights, just so I can relax and hopefully get some sleep.

• Heart
Ive had my naproxen stopped as it has caused an ulcer, which then bleeds, causes me aneamia and a whole vicious circle of other things.
Fast forward 4 weeks without it ( the alternative, celecoxib is rubbish) and I literally CANNOT move.
I know I need steroids, I've contacted the GP but have a feeling they are going to want my rheumatologist involved. .
Im so fed up . . Ive had to resort to morphine these last 2 nights, just so I can relax and hopefully get some sleep.
You poor thing. Naproxen can be nasty. I hope you get a better alternative soon without resorting to morphine so you can properly rest. ❤

• Heart
You poor thing. Naproxen can be nasty. I hope you get a better alternative soon without resorting to morphine so you can properly rest. ❤
Thankyou @patsy_stone
Dr seeing me tomorrow, no doubt it'll be a course of steroids for now while I await delivery of biologic medicines.

Hoping you are well and pain free 💞

Ive never heard of that, and I've been on plenty.
Is it a new thing?
I think it's the brand name for enterecept? Probably spelling it wrong! Humira and Benepali have stopped working for my relative and they've now been put on this (with continuing methotrexate and a cocktail of other drugs) two weeks in no improvement 😳

I think it's the brand name for enterecept? Probably spelling it wrong! Humira and Benepali have stopped working for my relative and they've now been put on this (with continuing methotrexate and a cocktail of other drugs) two weeks in no improvement 😳
Ahhhh ok, I think most of those "Biologics" have various different names dont they?
I was, until recently on Imraldi alongside methotrexate, after a year, no improvement, so short term my methotrexate has been increased while I wait the go ahead on another type of biologic injection.
What works for 1 doesn't necessarily work for all I'm afraid. .. I do hope your relative gets some relief soon.
Sending hugs 💞

• Heart
Hi everyone.
hoping someone on this thread can give me some hope!
I have bursitis in my shoulder, which until now has not caused me too much pain.
I have I’m the last 4 weeks been AGONY, to the point where I can’t use my arm. I have days where it’s not too bad and I feel I can carry out daily tasks but if I was to hoover for example or pick up my 18 month old a lot of times boy I feel it. I have been to a physiotherapist who gave me exercises & some of that kinesio tape, it hasn’t done much really apart from being painful the next day. Some days I’m crying in pain, and also crying cause Im so fed up of constantly being in agony and not able to hold my son or lift him is killing me.
I also have stage 4 endometriosis which has got worse since having my son & I also have lichens sclerosis in my vagina area , again, that flares up from time to time when I’m feeling stressed, and right now it’s terrible, I’ve tried every cream under the sun and none of them work so I’m resorting to cold water and trying my best to ignore it 🥲😓

anyone out there with bursitis in their shoulder? I’d be greatful if you could either give me some tips or a bit of hope that the flare ups don’t last forever!